Mistweaver 10man Raids - Mastery vs Crit

I'm wondering what the general consensus seems to be with Mistweaver in 10man raiding between Mastery vs Crit.

I am stacking Mastery (after spirit) as my best secondary stat as it seems sort of a no brainer that Healing Spheres = OP. However I am unsure if the increase Mastery gives is worth it or not. With my 4493 Mastery (unbuffed) I have a 19.6% to spawn a healing sphere. If I reforge fully into crit I drop down to 2375 Mastery, giving a 15.4% chance to spawn a healing sphere (loss of 4.2%) and gain 3.76% Crit rating.

I am wondering if Crit would be a better stat. A crit does double the healing of a non crit, so stacking it means you'll generally just have a higher healing output and stacking it higher would give a slight increase through the 3% Crit Effect meta gem. It also has a few added benefits, sometimes it helps a lot if a tank or someone gets really low a crit heal can sometimes save them from death. It also provides a DPS boost through Fistweaving for your raid too.

Armory link for reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Cky/advanced

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have zero experience with the Mistweaver spec, so take this as a grain of salt.

Crit effects heals cast by you. Mastery requires other people to think about what they're doing and run over the spheres.

Don't depend on people to think about what they're doing and run over those spheres.

Crit, while it increases output, also increases overhealing. At this point, a large fraction of my uplift and RM are overheal - extra critting on top of that would have less impact than you would originally think (since healers fill bars to full and then stop being useful unlike dps where critting is rarely wasted). For many fights, no one has to think about getting an orb, it spawns within range of them or someone else and will be nearly instantly consumed. Orbs have inherently less overheal, as well.

In the end, a lot comes down to what type of content you are running. If you are doing normal modes, mastery will be less useful (most useful when people will be spending some time non-topped off). During progression for heroic modes, the value of mastery will likely increase. I think mastery will *really* shine in 25m where there tend to more targets and the time to top off the raid after the massive bursts the designers seem to love this tier takes a bit longer than in 10m. For 10m, I could see a balancing of crit and mastery do very well.

For reference, GotS did 9% of my healing last night in a 10m elegon sitting at just over 17% mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by arthureld View Post
    For reference, GotS did 9% of my healing last night in a 10m elegon sitting at just over 17% mastery.
    Where are you finding this info in the combat log. I couldn't find anything to do with healing spheres on WoL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Where are you finding this info in the combat log. I couldn't find anything to do with healing spheres on WoL.
    Look for "Gift of the Serpent," it's the name of our Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    In Skada and WoL, it's listed as Gift of the Serpent. I think healing sphere healing is just if you are manually dropping them, but don't quote me on that (since I never manually drop healing spheres).

EDIT : Whoa beaten.

After comparing logs from Week 1 (Mastery stacking) and Week 2 (Crit stacking) I couldn't really find much difference in GotS healing. There were minor differences but nothing I could see from the 2 fights I was able to compare on (Gara'jal has phasing issues and I died on Stone Guard half way through). Spirit Kings could be slightly off too because we 3healed in week 1 and 2healed in week 2.

Week 1 - Feng the Accursed: Gift of the Serpent 10.8% Healing Done.
    Week 2 - Feng the Accursed: Gift of the Serpent 11.2% Healing Done.

Week 1 - Spirit Kings: Gift of the Serpent 11.9% Healing Done.
    Week 2 - Spirit Kings: Gift of the Serpent 10.4% Healing Done.

I didn't really notice much difference myself and it seems that both Mastery and Crit are RNG stats. However I guess Crit also provides a DPS increase from Fistweaving.

Deleted
    I don't think mastery is worth going over crit if you aren't with a group that also clicks light Wells and is already progressing good. The more scrubs you have the less worth our mastery is. Especially in 10man. It's awesome for 25man though.

Crit also affects what orbs you do summon. More crappy orbs in random places or orbs that are better when they actually get triggered?

Mastery won't be effective as long as I continue to end fights with the field littered with green balls.