Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    in WSG with 50% pvp resi (not much i know) i got hit by a warr for 70k mortal strike and a 120k execute.
    i hope blizzard fixes soon, reminds me of paladins at start of wotlk.
    i just hope blizzard doesn't do their usual heavy handed nerf and totally wreck the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    warriors do not do any more damage then any other class.warriors have great burst every 5 mins when we cd stack.other classes like locks,priests,mages and dks,have that burst on demand.i got to shot by a mage yesterday,go figure.i think warriors got buffed to be in-line with other classes that i brought up.so no warriors are no op'ed,but rather balanced with other classes.

god i almost forgot to bring up Bm hunters lol.wt=hey with out question do more damage/burst then a warrior can dream about.there self healing is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    You mean the same way Rogues offered constructive ways to tune the class rather than saying "l2p", or whine about how they were bad for a while and thus deserve to be too strong?

I would have paid to see a Rogue bitch that they needed to be nerfed as much as players of other classes expressed that they needed to be. I really don't think that any of them were crying that they were ruining the game.

These threads are useless, I do not know why people post them or reply to them. All it is, is a bunch of kids who are mad that they are not on top anymore, masquerading as a crowd of people who pretend to give two flying fucks about game balance, when in reality, all they really want is to be a ret paladin with a little bit more burst so they can 1v1 every fucking retard in the game, or just regularly express that they want every other class in the game to be just weak enough so that they will never have to face losing a fight as a realistic possibility.
    The thing with rogues last expansion is that they too were overpowered from the start, but in a less obvious way. Until the last season, rogues' damage wasn't really broken. Just utility. If you lose to a team because they control you better and eventually set up a kill, it doesn't feel as cheap. Doesn't mean it was right, but it was probably more subtle. You might think that you were outplayed. Warriors as they currently stand just pick a target, tunnel and blow every cooldown and kill the thing. That feels cheap to everyone (except the majority of warriors apparently). Nobody thinks, "Man, that guy used every cooldown/immunity, stunned/silenced me indefinitely, and then shattered my only defense. What mad skill."

Besides that, rogues didn't "ruin the game" as much as it's currently being ruined. Even at their peak (S11), there were a great deal of other viable classes. Like, R1 viable, if it weren't for the stagnated mmr pool ruining competition (Blizzard's fault that first month imbalances carry on to end-of-season rewards, not players'). Actually, I think every single class aside from warriors still had a viable comp. Turn the page to today, and good luck getting anywhere without a warrior or hunter on your team. Certainly there are a few caster comps, but they are a small minority. Warriors had a crap expansion for PvP. I get it. That doesn't mean you get to be the only PvP class now.

I never defended rogues at any point during Cataclysm, or probably ever, buy why would it matter anyway? You think warriors' current state somehow only affects Cataclysm rogue players? I legitimately want competitive balance, and I feel like except for warriors, bm hunters, and possibly frost mages, balance may be as good as it's been. And maybe a few other things like priest healer buffs, but the point is most classes seem to be pretty close to each other. I don't care in the slightest what's been overpowered in the past. Sure, if the game could've been balanced completely from day one, that would be awesome, but it wasn't and that's in the past. What we can and should strive for is better balance today and in the future. You're probably right though--all anyone cares about is feeling good about themselves as they skillessly destroy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    The thing that scares me the most is that warrior is probably the best class scaling with gear. And if its like this now, whats it gona be soon...
    I doubt that'll still be the case. Warriors scaled quickly because more damage gave them more damage and more rage, which of course turns into even more damage. Other classes for the most part just got more damage. Now warriors' rage generation only scales with haste, which is a terrible stat that you're not likely to see any self-respecting warrior wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    in WSG with 50% pvp resi (not much i know) i got hit by a warr for 70k mortal strike and a 120k execute.
    i just hope blizzard doesn't do their usual heavy handed nerf and totally wreck the class.
    I don't think they can. Warriors have good survivability, CC avoidance, team support, the strongest execute, incredible mobility, and a lot of hard killtarget CC. All S9 warriors had was broken damage, and after that was nerfed they were left with nothing. Warriors could do zero damage and play setup for a mage and still do well.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    warriors do not do any more damage then any other class.warriors have great burst every 5 mins when we cd stack.other classes like locks,priests,mages and dks,have that burst on demand.i got to shot by a mage yesterday,go figure.i think warriors got buffed to be in-line with other classes that i brought up.so no warriors are no op'ed,but rather balanced with other classes.

god i almost forgot to bring up Bm hunters lol.wt=hey with out question do more damage/burst then a warrior can dream about.there self healing is also very good.
    Warriors do have above average sustained damage. It isn't off the charts, but it's probably still better than any other class. When you use every cooldown, your damage is insane. For all intents and purposes it's as bad as a hunter's stampede, except that it's a little easier to escape from a warrior. The tradeoff is that an immunity class can block out stampede easily, where a warrior will just break that immunity and kill you anyway.

Mages are a touchy subject. I've always hated the deep freeze burst model, but Blizzard very clearly likes it. The thing is it's counterable. Not in 1v1, but in team play you can have every frost bomb dispelled as it lands. Or you can blanket silence the duration of eny deep on a teammate. I'm not a big fan of the design either, but it can be dealt with which is all that matters in competitive teamplay. Your options for surviving stampede or avatar & reck are more limited.
    Last edited by asb; 2012-10-10 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Think the point was that people hate rogues ~regardless of their state~, rather than blizzard hating rogues. Rogues are always scum.
    I don't give a flying pork about the people hate on a class. I care about what blizzard is doing. It looks like blizzard hates some spec since a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    and tbh most of the time we have been shit in pvp.
    Yeah, um... I don't even follow PvP and I can tell you that you really have no clue what's up. Cataclysm aside, Warriors have historically been one of the premiere PvP classes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 02:40 PM ----------

Think the point was that people hate rogues ~regardless of their state~, rather than blizzard hating rogues. Rogues are always scum.
    I think it's the whole nature of their class anyway. Rogues are pretty easy to take out if you can actually engage them for longer than a couple of seconds. Good Rogues tend to keep you locked down and make you feel violated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    I don't give a flying pork about the people hate on a class. I care about what blizzard is doing. It looks like blizzard hates some spec since a long time.
    Well you look like you're in the thread then, it's clearly discussing the hate expressed by players toward warriors as opposed to Blizzard hating a particular class (especially the comment that you seem upset about).

*EDIT*

Oh and to the guy below, dragonroar? Seriously?
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-10-10 at 03:04 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    you are kidding me right?

warriors have had a total of three, count them, THREE, bad seasons. EVER. they've had about as many BAD seasons as ret paladins have had GOOD seasons.

in BC the only way i could beat WLD was if their druid was a brain dead retard and couldn't get their warrior out of snares or i could abuse the Z axis. in wolk i spent the entire match kiting because if i let a warrior get near me he would bladestorm on my face and either, I, or my pet would DIE. If at any time during S9 i was thrown down, i would DIE.

i'm happy warriors are optimal in 3v3 again, but i am getting sick to death or all these warriors chest beating about great it is to be good in pvp when they forget their long and illustrious history of success in arena.

just because you've had a few bad seasons doesn't entitle you to be mongo for the next one. by that reasoning enhance shamans have about 10 seasons worth of OP saved up.
    Your a warlock? Do you know that you haven't had a single bad season? Are you really that silly to complain about warriors, who have had quite a few bad seasons, when warlocks have had none?

I look forward to dragonroaring your green warlock butt.

you are kidding me right?

warriors have had a total of three, count them, THREE, bad seasons. EVER. they've had about as many BAD seasons as ret paladins have had GOOD seasons.

in BC the only way i could beat WLD was if their druid was a brain dead retard and couldn't get their warrior out of snares or i could abuse the Z axis. in wolk i spent the entire match kiting because if i let a warrior get near me he would bladestorm on my face and either, I, or my pet would DIE. If at any time during S9 i was thrown down, i would DIE.

i'm happy warriors are optimal in 3v3 again, but i am getting sick to death or all these warriors chest beating about great it is to be good in pvp when they forget their long and illustrious history of success in arena.

just because you've had a few bad seasons doesn't entitle you to be mongo for the next one. by that reasoning enhance shamans have about 10 seasons worth of OP saved up.
    not even knowing that druids didnt have magic dispell up to wotlk shows that u are a very bad arena player. pls stop commenting, as u dont even know how the classes u suppose to be op work. Its really sadl that people that have no clue have the same right to speak like people that actually know what they are talking about. And more sad, is that other not so clueful people might believe what people like the quoted one write.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    You mean the same way Rogues offered constructive ways to tune the class rather than saying "l2p", or whine about how they were bad for a while and thus deserve to be too strong?

I'll get right on that.

I would have paid to see a Rogue bitch that they needed to be nerfed as much as players of other classes expressed that they needed to be. I really don't think that any of them were crying that they were ruining the game.

These threads are useless, I do not know why people post them or reply to them. All it is, is a bunch of kids who are mad that they are not on top anymore, masquerading as a crowd of people who pretend to give two flying fucks about game balance, when in reality, all they really want is to be a ret paladin with a little bit more burst so they can 1v1 every fucking retard in the game, or just regularly express that they want every other class in the game to be just weak enough so that they will never have to face losing a fight as a realistic possibility.

The irony in your post is quite hilarious. If you don't see the point of these threads why did you post? If they are full kids why did you post the most childish reply in the thread? You obviously don't care for balance and have nothing constructive to say, so why post?

Warriors need to be tuned, this is universally known by the player base. With the exception of the Warriors out there that truly think that they suddenly got good at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... Warriors. Warriors are easily snared, thats about it. A warrior paired with a class that can break snares off of other friendlies (a lot of classes can do that these days) means Warrior is about to smash your face in.

But why are they smashing faces so hard to begin with? For one executes damage is way to over the top. As a Ret, my execute (Hammer of Wrath) crits for about 45-55k with every CD possible in use, including external ones such as a battleground zerker buff. Warriors 150k+ when all of their CD's are popped. And their executes hit for about as much as my HoW does when all my CD's are up and none of their's are.

The problem is Warrior's sustained damage is REALLY GOOD, but they also have really good burst now thanks to Avatar. (Do PvP warriors even pick the other 2 talents?) They also got increased mobility thanks to War Banners/Safeguard. They gained all these benefits, but lost nothing in return. Lets add it up real quick:

Warriors:

Pros
    ------------
    -Increased Mobility (War Banners)
    -Increased Burst (Avatar)
    -Increased Sustained Damage (??)
    -Increased Execution Damage (WTFM8)
    -Almost immune to fears (Zerker Rage thing)
    -Self-Healing that requires no up keep by the Warriors (Second Wind)
    -Other methods of Self-Healing (Victory Rush, bloody bandage glyph)
    -Awesome survival cooldowns (Shield Wall, Mass Spell Reflect, Rallying Cry, etc.)
    -Plenty of CC to push out (AoE/Cone Stun, AoE fear, ranged silence/interrupt, Pummel, charge stuns/interrupts)

Cons
    ----------
    -Easily(?) snared/rooted
    -???

The problem is pretty obvious. You can disagree with me on the points above, but all remain true. I will admit there probably are some cons that I'm missing, but that list of pro's is why Warrior is now almost the most represented class in PvP. Just out of fun, I'll list my class that I play and list it's pro's and cons for comparison. (I will try my best to not be biased.)

Ret Paladins:

Pros
    ----------
    Practically immune to snares/roots (clemency/freedom/emancipation)
    High burst damage (Wings/Guardian)
    Good Self-Healing (WoG/Selfless Healer/Flash of Light)
    Decent mobility (thanks to first tier talents)
    Good utility (freedom,protection,sacrifice)
    "Second Chance" (Bubble/Lay on Hands)

Cons
    ---------
    -Easily blanketed/interrupted/silenced (to prevent freedom, WoG, Flash of Light, emancipation, protection, etc. basically half of our abilities)
    -Easily purged/spell stolen/dispelled
    -Can be mass dispelled by Warriors/Priests to remove one of our 'second chances'
    -Weak CC (Repentence/BL can easily be broken, FoJ is the only decent CC we own)
    -WEAK sustained damage (virtually no threat during downtime on wings/guardian/trinket)
    -Weak execution style ability (See in above post about my HoW's)
    -No natural CC breaker other than bubble. (Example would be mages blink to get out of stuns, warriors zerker rage thing to get out of fear, etc.)
    -Lack of a 'good' gap closer (Running at your target at 35% increased movement speed doesn't even compare to instantly charging into your opponent, regardless if you get stunned in the middle of doing it or not)
    -Can be mana burned (you may laugh at this one, but being mana burned really does hurt us)

The problem is that Warriors have this huge list of really good pros, but a very short list (Even if I added more it wouldn't be that long of a list) of cons.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2012-10-10 at 03:40 PM.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Well you look like you're in the thread then, it's clearly discussing the hate expressed by players toward warriors as opposed to Blizzard hating a particular class (especially the comment that you seem upset about).

*EDIT*

Oh and to the guy below, dragonroar? Seriously?
    Well... I clearly see what people are talking about here. Whinning about war, who whinned about mage, who whinned about rogue...
    I just wanted to put the finger on what I think is the main problem. with my bad anglish, my grain of salt and my French touche.
    What about balance between war, rogues and mage if other spec/classes are left in their usual shit?
    I see people put the blames on players, calling names etc... but players dont tweeks the game. Blizzard did. 1v1 exemple, pvp répercussion on pve... People just cant see further than their own nose! They a+b=win, think they are skilled and their classe is fine! And come here to see how many people agree with them.

But go on!! Continue arguing with your pros and cons on your pointless "players hate" and whatever else. For sure it will be very constructive, and the end of this will be good!! Lol
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-10-10 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Massively biased pros/cons list
    Seriously?

If your going to make a list of pros/cons and compare classes at least ATTEMPT to be objective. You mention bloody healing glyph for warrior healing as a pro, I pray your joking. Yet you make no mention of rets ungodly offhealing abilities to teammates where in 3s rets often are near the healers on total healing.

"No natural cc breaker other than bubble" as a con for ret, yet you have 2 hand of sacrifices, and apparently wars have ways to get out of cc like poly because thats not a con for them..

Im not defending wars here, we are slightly overpowered but mostly from cd stacking and a too short cd on shockwave. Still, in the order of overpowered classes, we are still only 3rd at best.

Oh, and lol mana burn..

Quote Originally Posted by Skezix View Post
    Hey guys!

I've been playing warrior since vanilla, and tbh most of the time we have been shit in pvp. We have had our times, but briefly for a patch.
    I've always loved warriors, buuut I've hated them even more and now the first expansion when we might be viable in arena, every single class in the game is now QQ-ing about us! So please, let us have the moment before we get destroyed by the nerf bat as every...single...expansion.
    Well first of all Warriors have been good almost every single season.
    And even if they had been complete useless shit for every single previous season that doesnt justify them being overpowered right now.

Nothing would ever be balanced if you decided nerfs/buffs on who was op/weak the previous seasons.
    Thats just common sense and you Warriors have to stop being dumb and find better excuses to try and dodge the nerfbat.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Seriously?

If your going to make a list of pros/cons and compare classes at least ATTEMPT to be objective. You mention bloody healing glyph for warrior healing as a pro, I pray your joking. Yet you make no mention of rets ungodly offhealing abilities to teammates where in 3s rets often are near the healers on total healing.

"No natural cc breaker other than bubble" as a con for ret, yet you have 2 hand of sacrifices, and apparently wars have ways to get out of cc like poly because thats not a con for them..

Im not defending wars here, we are slightly overpowered but mostly from cd stacking and a too short cd on shockwave. Still, in the order of overpowered classes, we are still only 3rd at best.

Oh, and lol mana burn..
    "Slightly overpowered" xD
    Last edited by Nyon; 2012-10-10 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Your a warlock? Do you know that you haven't had a single bad season? Are you really that silly to complain about warriors, who have had quite a few bad seasons, when warlocks have had none?

I look forward to dragonroaring your green warlock butt.
    actually i'm a ret paladin. i played a warlock in BC due to raid comp needs and the fact that ret paladins were kind of crappy.

why would you spec dragonroar? its vastly inferior to shockwave.

not even knowing that druids didnt have magic dispell up to wotlk shows that u are a very bad arena player. pls stop commenting, as u dont even know how the classes u suppose to be op work. Its really sadl that people that have no clue have the same right to speak like people that actually know what they are talking about. And more sad, is that other not so clueful people might believe what people like the quoted one write.
    i'm pretty sure druids can dispel curses bro.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Warriors only good seasons were 6/7(That is if you weren't playing some piece of shit cleaveteam with a DK or Enh sham). Everytime outside of those was when warriors were stupidly overpowered to the point where some idiot who rerolled fotm in 3 days could get gladiator with no knowledge of the class other than knowing which DPS cooldowns to pop and who to train all while getting freedom from their pally-pocket.

Cata S9 is one of those seasons as is S8(ArP heroes much?) and S3(which was moreso skillherald).

Then you have the benched seasons like S5 where nobody but pallys and DKs could compete, unless you were a hard counter, and the last 2 seasons of Cata.

I don't play anymore, but I'll just assume warrior damage is retarded high right now and then once the season is over Blizzard is just going shit on the class for PvP and shove it back into PvE as they did in Cata. I still can't believe people haven't caught on that Blizzard gives 0 shit about PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

If you think that's bad, try going against the immortal juggernaut that is the Blood DK and their uncapped Vengeance. They're like the fucking Hulk, hitting them only makes them hit you harder and heal for more.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Did you try to jump one while he was questing or something? Players don't generate vengeance for tank specs anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Besides that, rogues didn't "ruin the game"
    Yes, they did.

Ultimate Pussy Class gets some of the best defensive cooldowns in the game, maintains one of the strongest offenses in the game, and could leave a fight whenever the hell they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGITSDOT View Post
    You obviously don't care for balance and have nothing constructive to say, so why post?
    At least I'm the only one in the thread who can admit it.

Instead of all of you who use so many words to introduce nothing new to this "discussion".

Warriors need to be tuned, this is universally known by the player base. With the exception of the Warriors out there that truly think that they suddenly got good at the game.
    Bads need to stop crying, and spend more time playing the game. So that I can make your butthurt bigger.

I've never cared about game balance. Didn't care last season, or the season before and I played a Warrior. Why should I? Do your tears have magical properties that suddenly just get classes nerfed? Can I get some of that? Because them Hunters are really pissing me off with Double Deterrence.

What's that, they dont? Well, shucks.

...so you're just sitting here, "contributing" to a thread by incessantly bitching at people and trying to make them feel bad for having fun, because you think your rating in arena or gladiator title makes your $15 worth more than someone else's $15.

If you want to make a consolidated list of things that should be changed, which would obviously need to be posted by an experienced player of the Warrior class to prevent being a list of full retard class-breaking changes, that would be fine. But this? This is just a whine thread.

wat? seriously? no. rets have had 2-3 really strong seasons, a couple of average seasons, and a lot of really bad seasons. most of their strong seasons have relied on silly gimmicks like double defensive dispels, offhealing and seal/windfury interaction.
    Arena is obviously the only platform of PvP in the game.

in open world pvp/bgs, Ret has been one of the strongest, sturdiest specs since the Wrath prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Did you try to jump one while he was questing or something? Players don't generate vengeance for tank specs anymore.

Oh, no?

Then, What's This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWD-mSUtrU
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    You are calling people retarded when you listed pally bubble as a defensive cool down against a warrior and misspelled every other word in your last post. And btw bear form was nerfed for all specs of druid but guardian as well. Heroic leap doesn't work properly? I think that is an issue with you.
    You're a pretty terrible pally if you can't maximize bubble usage against any warrior 1v1 or any warrior comp in any PvP setup in this game.

Nevermind that rets STILL eat warriors alive.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:49 PM ----------

If only Warriors would offer constructive ways to tune the class rather than saying "l2p", or whine about how they were bad for a while and thus deserve to be too strong.

No one hates Warriors, they hate imbalance. Same story different season. This happens all the time and people always forget the last time it happened when it is their class that is too strong.
    A ton of warriors have been giving amazing feedback since the beginning of beta on how to tune warriors to be BALANCED. See: all the freaking Consolidated lists of warrior issues in the beta forums. Hell, I think I gave some pretty solid ideas on how to nerf/tune warriors in pvp earlier in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15