Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Metagross is a bit too slow for my taste to be honest. Most of my favourites are dragons anyway such as Garchomp (my fav), Hydreigon, Haxorus, Salamence.
    Yea, I tough about using an agillity build. With 1 aggility used, it can out-speed most things, but setting up even in-game can be abit annoying

One thing thats a plus is how easy it is to build, just go to move tutor that renember moves for heart scales and you're done Well Earthquake is a TM, and I want that for it later on.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Yea, I tough about using an agillity build. With 1 aggility used, it can out-speed most things, but setting up even in-game can be abit annoying

One thing thats a plus is how easy it is to build, just go to move tutor that renember moves for heart scales and you're done Well Earthquake is a TM, and I want that for it later on.
    Did they change it back to where TMs can only be used once again? Unless they changed it, you can use a TM as many times as you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    White 2 has electivire, getting white 2

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    White 2 has electivire, getting white 2
    Oh crap, I totally forgot about that. Oh well, there are other bad-ass ones in Black 2 I guess ._.

Also, how the hell did you people learn so much about the game? Such as which abilities are best to use, which nature they should have, how to min/max etc. I think it's complicated as hell.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's surprisingly complicated for a game. Annoys me when people look at it and think it is so simple.

Edit: I've also found that this time around with my game I am getting very lucky with natures. As opposed to having an Modest Sawk >.>
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2012-10-16 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Oh crap, I totally forgot about that. Oh well, there are other bad-ass ones in Black 2 I guess ._.

Also, how the hell did you people learn so much about the game? Such as which abilities are best to use, which nature they should have, how to min/max etc. I think it's complicated as hell.
    Go to Serebii and check out game mechanics, theres quite a lot of them to learn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Did they change it back to where TMs can only be used once again? Unless they changed it, you can use a TM as many times as you wish.
    You can use TMs as many times as you wish, but of course if you teach a TM, it will have less PP until taken to the pokemon center or an ether/elixir is used on it so as to not exploit them and use TMs as PP regains

Also, as to what Nazrark said. I totally agree. I have a friend of mine who just calls it silly and childish but he doesn't even understand how complicated and in-depth it is...Oh, and he thinks that the most powerful pokemon is Pikachu because that's what Ash, being the protagonist in the anime, uses.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 10:50 AM ----------

Also, fire types can sweep the hell out of metagross. Its sp def isn't that great so a Flamethrower or Fire Blast can take care of him by the time he sets up an agility. Whereas, I find opponents with dragons being pretty rare and if they have an ice pokemon, they're probably squishy and I already have set moves to counter those specific pokemon. Furthermore, there are a lot of powerful dragons (with 600 base stats) which is why I go with them as my favourite.
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-10-16 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post

First of all, electivire requires trading, witch is a downer (I have my younger sisters DS I could borrow, but thats not the case for everyone!), so yea...

And on you're question. Its extremly easy to get a good grasp off pokemon. I suggest you see this one movie off a Hydreigon setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWKgYl1mFU

In pokemon there are 4 things that matters:

1. The moves the pokemon have. Say you got a Hydreigon.

Hydreigon has more Speciel attack than attack inn its stats. So you DONT wanna use physical moves like Tackle or Quick attack on it (For an example). Also since its dragon/dark, you dont wanna use moves that aint dragon/dark SPECIEL type. So its best attacks to learn for straight-damage are Dark pulse/Dragon pulse and Draco Meter etc.

2. Egg-moves: Basicly if you breed sertain pokemons together, you can make them learn moves they dont get by lvling. Dark pulse is pretty much a must-have on Hydreigon, so you wanna get that for it.

3. Nature's, EV's, and IV's.

24 natures exsist in-game. Say you got again Hydreigon. If you wanted the best damage-nature for it, you would want Modest for it. With modest you get 10% more stats (like 50 more at best?) into Speciel attack, and loss 10% on attack state.

EV's are something "hidden inn the background". Sadly, if you wanna min-max it means once you completed the game and gotten all the EV-training Hold items like Macro bracer etc, you trash your current team, and catch new once. Then you kill speciel mobs over and over again with the hold item of you're choice that learns the speed you want. Takes about 1 hour at most to fully EV train a pokemon. Basicly you can costumize you're pokemons, its pretty damn cool. Only problem is its hard the first times etc, but then you learn it quick enough.

IV's are something you really shouldent worry about, unless you are absolute hard-core on online battling, or wanna have a very maxed in-game team. Basicly its like natures. Open you're pokemon list, and look on 1st page. You're pokemon maybe has like a little text that could say "Quick to Flee" or "Likes to trash about". Sertain textes just gives slight more stats, and lower inn other things.

4. Coverage, and team building (Have an idea and straegy of how you're team works). There are tons of strategy off pokemon, its not just a kiddie game online (Trust me, try play online once, like 75% off the players you meet with the in-game Nintendo Wifi are some crazy Japanees players with over 500 battles played w/e, that will fucking ruin you're day ), where the strongest hitting pokemon wins. Again go on youtube and see people battle online if you fancy that.

Do you guys play Pokemon really competetively lol? I mean, all this EV hassle and such, I never bothered with that. Are you guys doing that for the game or just to have a nice Pokemon lineup or do you actually enter Pokemon tournaments and play other players?

10+ Year Old Account
    May save up money to get a new ds (even if it is one of the older modles of it) as seeing as mine has this black line on the top screen... So can't say I've played the newer B/W game yet
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Do you guys play Pokemon really competetively lol? I mean, all this EV hassle and such, I never bothered with that. Are you guys doing that for the game or just to have a nice Pokemon lineup or do you actually enter Pokemon tournaments and play other players?
    Oh, nah never did that. I just enjoy min-maxing in most games I play And a few online battles, and the hard train thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    May save up money to get a new ds (even if it is one of the older modles of it) as seeing as mine has this black line on the top screen... So can't say I've played the newer B/W game yet
    Actually my parents got me a 3DS for my birthday but I decided not to keep it, I'm gonna let them return it. Besides a paper mario coming up and maybe a zelda game there'd be nothing to play on it.

Oh, nah never did that. I just enjoy min-maxing in most games I play And a few online battles, and the hard train thing.
    Oh I see.

wtb wiggly tuff builds

Deleted
    Holy cow, just got myself a therian forme Tornadus with modest nature via Dream Radar.
    I'll just let it rot in PC for now, I don't want to ruin my game by using some overpowered Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    wtb wiggly tuff builds

I think there aren't any viable ones if you're planning on competitive battling.
    But I would go for something like this.
    Wigglytuff with Leftovers
    -Wish (you'll have to breed it)
    -Thunder Wave
    -Hyper Voice
    -Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

10+ Year Old Account
    I get paid this week, so hopefully I'll pick it up.

I'm getting Black 2, Bro is getting White 2.

My (intended) team is:

or

-Escavalier because I can't have Heracross/Scizor.
    -Braviary because Unfezant sucks.
    -Electivire because I love my Electabuzz in XD and want to give one a shot in the handhelds.
    -Krookodile because I can't have Feraligatr.
    -Wailord and Walrein because I love those two in looks and talent.
    -Emboar because I need the typing and he's my favorite of the largely bad Gen 5 starters.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

i haven't even beaten the first ones yet. i'm getting around to it now so i was wondering... are the pixels still crappy in b/w2? it's not a game breaker or anything for me... just don't know how they can go from the way it looked in heart gold to blocky looking :/

10+ Year Old Account
    My current team is:

Kyurem will be replaced with and Tornadus with
    Also looking for trades, FC is 0390-6657-5277.
    Be kind to those less fortunate.
    Favor the road traveled by few.

Okay, so how did one unlock hard mode. Now that I beat the gym (In about 40 hours gameplay completely maxing/explored everything but seasonal changed areas..wee:P) I only got easy mode. Will it come the next time?

...Not that I need hard mode trough. Not to say spoiler, but when I go trough the game I useally try renember possible end-game things.

So there is an NPC in Humilau City that says "Go win gamez so I can brag you were here for business". Anywho I went back, and ended up talked with a coupple inn a house.

They ask you to ring the Bell in Celestial Tower...Bring you're game-face. For the first time so far I used a max revive, fun small end-game challenges.

If you guys know other hidden thing's do share
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-16 at 04:20 PM.

So I'm sure this is gonna make me sound like a noob but how do I trade for a pokemon online?
    I remember in Gen IV there was the GTS but now there is just so much stuff and I'm so confused. There's the Entralink, the union room, the geotracker, all that C-gear crap, the pokemon center stuff. I feel overwhelmed by all these features that I know nothging about >.< How can I trade for pokemon with other (online) players?

Thanks
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-10-16 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go upstairs in a Pokemon Center and talk to the person on the right.
    Be kind to those less fortunate.
    Favor the road traveled by few.