Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Help! my pc died :(

Ok, my pc is an AMD 635 with a 750w psu, 8 gigs of ram, and an MSI 560 ti twin frozr. This had worked fine untill tonight. I was do horribly stupid to change the bios setting from safe torecommended. Now the only thing my pc does, is start the fans, and then quiet them down. I have no clue what happened.

Please advice.

Unplug your desktop and keep it unplugged, pull your CMOS battery (looks like a big watch battery), wait 10 minutes or so and put it back in. See if that helps.

If not, the only way to reverse a BIOS mishap is through flashing it. The process varies greatly from board to board.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Unplug your desktop and keep it unplugged, pull your CMOS battery (looks like a big watch battery), wait 10 minutes or so and put it back in. See if that helps.

If not, the only way to reverse a BIOS mishap is through flashing it. The process varies greatly from board to board.
    This. Also you can try clearing the cmos using the jumper (see the motherboard manual or get it from online).

Although it's weird, I recon it would boot up normally even with recommended settings.

Either way I don't think your pc is dead and your motherboard should still be functioning.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least your mobo is delivering power to your fans, meaning it's not fried. Try the steps mentioned above and/or look up the mobo manual at the manufacturer's website.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for being so late with responding...
    I pulled the CMOS battery out (feeling stupid for not thinking about that...) and everything booted.
    First time booting i had a black screen though, so i booted into safe mode, and everything turned out fine.
    Anyhow, thanks for your insanely quick replies

P.S. I'm planning to get a completely new PC and just keep the current GPU i've got as a second one for i.e. NVIDIA physics. Becouse the CPU i've got atm is insanely slow (doesnt even have an L3 cache -,-) and fo the other parts, got a small 16mb cache HD, so gonna upgrade all the rest.

Thanks again.

User was infracted for advertising.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-10-10 at 12:18 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the thing is friend, you said you'd like to share your view on this topic, but the only thing you did is advertice about your company....