Structured Player vs. Player: The Iceberg

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s..._source=client

Pretty excited about the gems thing. I also know ill prolly never get that but the ability to win free gems and then sell for gold. I really like that.
    Also ppl have been begging for arena type matches (aka more control on number of players) I see alot of ppl using that feature to do 1v1 with who ever joins.

Pretty cool blog post. Cant wait to get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got chills.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 04:47 PM ----------

Omg, custom arenas is going to be HUGE!
    Valar morghulis

Not surprising. It's a fairly PVP orientated game in terms of long term play. Makes sense these are the things they target early on.

Deleted
    Very cool article, thank you for sharing.

Paying to "rent Custom Arenas" (dueling) kind has my face as a typical :-/ But, I suppose I'd probably get over it really quickly. That they've flat out finally acknowledged they're working on a spectator but it's not one of the first things we'll see, this is probably one of the things we needed to hear.

It's coming. That's all that needed to be said.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

This is pretty much how ANet gets stuff done. They release a game with TONS of content to keep you busy while all the while implementing update after update of incredible and REAL content. This game will go on for years like this, and it's gonna be epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Paying to "rent Custom Arenas" (dueling) kind has my face as a typical :-/ But, I suppose I'd probably get over it really quickly. That they've flat out finally acknowledged they're working on a spectator but it's not one of the first things we'll see, this is probably one of the things we needed to hear.

It's coming. That's all that needed to be said.
    It'd been silly to think spectator wouldn't be in game

Beyond silly

With statements made showcasing esport interest plus the fact they had spectator in gw1 even thinking "they won't have it" is a rather silly thing
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Coincidentally, I been playing a lot of GW1 lately. Was in the Dunes of Despair and browsed over to spectate some GvG battles almost instantly to kill a little time. I'm actually watching a GvG right now with Just Another Tale vs Keybaord Gangstas.

Spectator mode works so well in GW1. I'd be super surprised if we didn't at least get the same basic function of GW1 spectator mode.

Also Guild Wars 1 is not dead. Still people playing.

I don't understand why they're bothering with implementing this paid tournament feature when a ranking/matchmaking system would solve the problem of newbies getting stomped in a much more elegant way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by padrote View Post
    I don't understand why they're bothering with implementing this paid tournament feature when a ranking/matchmaking system would solve the problem of newbies getting stomped in a much more elegant way.
    It's comparable to paid tournys offered in other games.
    Valar morghulis

Currently having 2 issues in Spvp right now. One has been happening regularly (in limited play time) the past 2 weeks. (recently started pvping more cuz of school to hard to pve with any consistancy)

1st thing thats been happening that effects tournaments is sometimes when i die i get a permanent loading screen. It doesnt respawn my toon and i have to close and restart the client in order to get back into my match and by that time my team has been fighting 4v5 and lost any advantage we had or fallen further behind.

What ever this problem is, and other players are having it, it needs to be fixed asap. I cant see them doing well in the Esports scene when you have players being taken out of the game out of their control.

Another problem i had which i have never seen till today is characters not appearing. I was bunkering at henge on my ele and was helping kill Cheiftan. After he was dead i noticed someone was taking henge so i headed back up and saw no one but the icon was white now. I assummed he was stealthed standing on it and all of a sudden 2 theifs appeard. I switched earth attune and aoe stomped them then did big aoe. After this i was waiting for thief to unstealth while i finished off his minions. Thing is he never reappered. All of a sudden im getting blown up so i go through the usual CD's while trying to find where the damage was coming from. I eventually Pop mist form and pan my camera and see no one around me. I stand there letting him kill me and he still doesnt appear. After i die i called him a hacker but he said he was using CD which does stealth you but unstealths when you attack.

My team mates came to henge and i chose not to use the WP to wait and see when he would re appear. My teammates started a 2v2 with him and a mesmer. I noticed that they were attacking nothing (somthing i could not see) eventually he did re appear.

I know that when theirs alot of players on the screen it hides them and makes them appear late but it was 1v1 in a 5v5 tournament. That shouldnt be a problem.

At first i thought this was just a 1 time thing but 2 hours later im on my Ranger doing 8v8 and i see the same thing. An invisible toon running around but this time it had a red V on top of his head. 2 of my team mates were chasing him around the Docks and i was following the red V. This guy was invisible to me for a good 7-10 seconds.
    again he eventually appeared on my screen. I havent had this problem till today so maybe it was the patch that caused this.

anyone having the 2nd issue i was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    It'd been silly to think spectator wouldn't be in game

Beyond silly

With statements made showcasing esport interest plus the fact they had spectator in gw1 even thinking "they won't have it" is a rather silly thing
    It's not a "they won't have it" it's more of an "is it even a priority for them at this point, where does it sit on the list of important things to put up?"

Because we knew it was on the list, eventually, but the fact it hasn't been acknowledged as a necessity up until this point hasn't been... doing them favors, if you will.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    In all honesty I like this post better:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...OULD-have-been

They took too long showing us the blog, and people had higher expectations than they just stating features they have been marketing all the time.

Bugs are still an issue, lag issues in tournaments, loading screens issues, and overall profession balances. The main features.
    Other than that they could have thrown in another bone as well.

However, I like the reward system. Private servers are great as well. Unless they are too expensive, me and my friends can finally get a place where we can practice builds and meet up against eachother to tweak our gameplay. Entering an empty hotjoinserver is fine, until more people join =)

Hopefully things will start happening from now on though. They said they wanted updates in spvp as regular as LoL, but I dont know how often LoL is updated... anyone else do?=)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not surprising. It's a fairly PVP orientated game in terms of long term play. Makes sense these are the things they target early on.
    Imo it's also the things they need to address first.
    The problems in PvE and WvW are imo more leaning towards core design issues and are fairly hard to change.