Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ...What was the item level on that sucker again? I think I'm'na have to pester the wife to make me one to replace Coren's Coaster. LOL
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    ...What was the item level on that sucker again? I think I'm'na have to pester the wife to make me one to replace Coren's Coaster. LOL
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530

Item Level 450.

Those trinkets are straight upgarbage. Get a dragonling PRONTO. Gem it with a parry, dodge, and mastery cog. Or if you need hit, hit parry, mastery.

Then try and get the Heroic Iron Protector Talisman, or something else with a useful proc. The stam, no proc trinkets are throwbacks to when you could CTC (Block cap) and you only used them once you capped block.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    He should most certainly not gem parry and dodge in that socket. Hit expertise and mastery/haste is much more benefitial.

10+ Year Old Account
    What seal are you using? Insight is your go to for the hit/exp/haste/mast build for now. Your block seems really low. I'm in worse gear and have almost 32% using the same strat. Looks like you need more gear with mast/hit/exp vs dodge/parry. I didn't see any mention of you using SoTR in your initial rotation at all, you should be using that every chance you get unless you're in desperate need of a self heal. Not trying to be a dick but re-read our mastery, it's all about SoTR. Talent Sanc wrath pop it on CD. gives you most resource gen and increased heals during it. Majors should be Alabaster, Battle heal, and DP unless you're taking stupid amounts of magic damage. I'm on the fence about ES vs Prism. Your job isn't to heal the raid it's to keep them from needing heals and you're already taking Battle healer. Honestly your heals sound like shit and don't know dick about tanks. As far as your OT unless he's super pro and geared no way I'd take a guardian vs a block tank for first tier progression right now. If he cant keep threat though he's doing it wrong.

If you are pulling aggro from the OT then he is doing something wrong or its tricks or MD, its not you. Battlehealer is probably the best glyph you have now with seal of insight (you are using that arent you!?)

Along with that, use lights hammer as a talent. Throw it down where the healers or ranged are stacked. Its healing is nuts.

Also, make sure you consecrate lots, its damage is very good now.

However, you were talking about feeling squishy and its late so forgive me if I misread. Your rotation doesn't mention sotr. Thats probably the most important tool you have now. It reduces the damage you take by about 50% for 3 seconds and it should be your main HP dump. Use it, often!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    He should most certainly not gem parry and dodge in that socket. Hit expertise and mastery/haste is much more benefitial.
    yup hit/exp/mastery for the dragonling.

For normal gemming dont go hit/exp but rather mastery, mastery stam, and mastery parry (parry still about 2x better than dodge).

Also he's missing a meta unless armory is bugged. Stam + armor there.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you are pulling aggro from the OT then he is doing something wrong or its tricks or MD, its not you. Battlehealer is probably the best glyph you have now with seal of insight (you are using that arent you!?)

Along with that, use lights hammer as a talent. Throw it down where the healers or ranged are stacked. Its healing is nuts.

Also, make sure you consecrate lots, its damage is very good now.

However, you were talking about feeling squishy and its late so forgive me if I misread. Your rotation doesn't mention sotr. Thats probably the most important tool you have now. It reduces the damage you take by about 50% for 3 seconds and it should be your main HP dump. Use it, often!
    I'd argue against LH for the simple reason as a tank you shouldn't have a spare moment to be clicking on the ground. Also the reason I don't and won't take consc glyph.
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2012-10-13 at 02:38 AM.

Yes.

I'm using Holy Prism because last week we had the one that drops a void zone (so I had to keep moving).

My healers are saying it. I didn't mention SotR because it's not on GCD but ya I always use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    What seal are you using? Insight is your go to for the hit/exp/haste/mast build for now. Your block seems really low. I'm in worse gear and have almost 32% using the same strat. Looks like you need more gear with mast/hit/exp vs dodge/parry. I didn't see any mention of you using SoTR in your initial rotation at all, you should be using that every chance you get unless you're in desperate need of a self heal. Not trying to be a dick but re-read our mastery, it's all about SoTR. Talent Sanc wrath pop it on CD. gives you most resource gen and increased heals during it. Majors should be Alabaster, Battle heal, and DP unless you're taking stupid amounts of magic damage. I'm on the fence about ES vs Prism. Your job isn't to heal the raid it's to keep them from needing heals and you're already taking Battle healer. Honestly your heals sound like shit and don't know dick about tanks. As far as your OT unless he's super pro and geared no way I'd take a guardian vs a block tank for first tier progression right now. If he cant keep threat though he's doing it wrong.

I'm using Seal of Insight.

I use SotR all the time (unless my HP drops a lot then ya I use a WoG).

My armory is showing my glyphs that I use in heroics :P

I had to drop Battle Healer cuz the OT couldn't make his boss attack him (even tho I'd not touch it and I'm not JK about it).

I know I shouldn't worry about the raid heals but I'm used to do w/e I can just to kill the boss (I even throw WoGs at our OT).
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2012-10-13 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    /Sigh

Many guildies keep saying that hit cap and expertise cap are ONLY for ret.

I already linked a lot of threads, elitist jerks, sacred duty, many opinions from other protection paladins but they still say the same thing (hit and exp are for DPS or hold threat).

What should I do?
    I know you've got most of your questions answered by the helpful folks here, but I do want to bring up this point again. It's just another hurdle of ignorance you have to get through. Educate your guildies and whoever is giving you grief that tanking has changed drastically now.

I just started doing some heroics after gathering enough courage to tank in my ilevel 444 gear with quest greens. One of the friends I run with regularly also gave me the same incredulous response. He was playing a frost DK and, naturally, we are both in competition for dps gear. He was being passive aggressive the whole run about me rolling on dps gear, despite me telling him that it was blizzard's fault for making dps gear so attractive to us.

It's just a matter of time before a random heroic group decides that I'm a ninja and kick me because I rolled on gear that helps me become better.

My point is, you just have to keep educating your guildies, raid group, etc. Not much else you can do.

I'd argue against LH for the simple reason as a tank you shouldn't have a spare moment to be clicking on the ground.
    It doesn't happen often but every now and then a statement is made of such monumental stupidity that I have to pinch myself, rub my eyes and check if I was dreaming.

You're kidding right?

Lets weigh up "a spare moment to click on the ground" versus "millions of raid healing" Mine did over 4 mill healing in the feng normal fight.

Granted its situational, some fights you may not want it but discounting a talent because a "tank shouldnt have a spare moment to click on the ground"? Wtf dude?

I'd argue against LH for the simple reason as a tank you shouldn't have a spare moment to be clicking on the ground. Also the reason I don't and won't take consc glyph.
    Tell that to a Blood Death Knight, nub.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

If he is having issues with his healers in the gear he is in now, he will still be having issues in active mit gear. I'm thinking this guy is gonna need more passive avoidance.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Tell that to a Blood Death Knight, nub.
    Lmao... Pally tanks have A LOT of spare gcds. If you can't click on the ground, l2p, keybinds and not keyboard turning will help.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    If he is having issues with his healers in the gear he is in now, he will still be having issues in active mit gear. I'm thinking this guy is gonna need more passive avoidance.
    Actually I don't think the problem is me but the healers. Let me explain you why:

With Glyph of the Battle Healer I'm always top 3 healer (the difference between me and the 2nd is like 5-7% and we are running with 3 healers).

I'm the MT. I tank 2 of those 3 bosses. The OT (Guardian Druid) tanks the alone boss. He has a hard time out aggroing my Holy Prism (used on my bosses) + Seal of Insight + Glyph of the Battle Healer.

I normally take 28~29% of all damage in the raid while the OT (who is tanking 1 boss instead of 2) takes 25~26% of all damage (and the difference is actually lower because he ALWAYS dies before me so his boss comes to me and the healers keep healing me for more like 10-15 secs so it adds more damage taken by me).

But because I'm reforging/gemming hit cap and expertise cap everyone is complaining about me.

They keep saying that hit and expertise are DPS stats. I already linked them sacred duty, elitist jerks, some threads in mmo-champion and worldofwarcraft.com but they still say the same thing. It's really frustrating.

So I made this thread to see ideas of how to decrease my damage taken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    So I made this thread to see ideas of how to decrease my damage taken.
    Hit+exp reduces your damage taken, simple as that. Link them to this thread.

Hit+exp reduces your damage taken, simple as that. Link them to this thread.
    We are raiding tonight so I'll link it as soon as they begin to complain about me being a DPS tank.

Although you don't have the best enchants and whatnot, there is nothing wrong with your gear and/or setup. It seems like your healers may need to step up.