[rbg] getting shafted

So any of you guys getting shafted for warriors? I just got shafted even though I'm performing just fine and even do more damage than most of the warriors I encounter.

EDIT: I was talking about RBG teams still viewing ret as not viable for rbgs. Sorry if I was unclear, I don't think ret is bad at all.
    Last edited by gildra; 2012-10-12 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    Same here... The cull beings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    So any of you guys getting shafted for warriors? I just got shafted even though I'm performing just fine and even do more damage than most of the warriors I encounter.
    Warriors have incredible low hp burst far higher than Ret Paladins have, I've been hit by Execute for 100K I have yet to see HoW hit a player for 100K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Hmm I'm 18-3 this season sitting at 2103.... Ret is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Cantbetouched View Post
    This, ret is fine if not great in rbgs.
    It's a shame I find rbgs too boring lol

I never said ret was not fine... I meant I got ditched for a warrior. I guess I can't complain, because during whole cata I couldn't get into even one rbg because people thought of ret as a bad option. About ret damage, I like it a lot, before I got ditched for a warrior I was solo capping stuff while warriors, hunters, fire mages, etc would get owned by the damage I can put out.

Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    I never said ret was not fine... I meant I got ditched for a warrior. I guess I can't complain, because during whole cata I couldn't get into even one rbg because people thought of ret as a bad option. About ret damage, I like it a lot, before I got ditched for a warrior I was solo capping stuff while warriors, hunters, fire mages, etc would get owned by the damage I can put out.
    So you created this thread not to complain about Rets performance in rbgs but to complain that you personally were removed from a group without ample reason in one specific instance?
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-10-12 at 05:10 AM.

i'm still fighting last seasons stigma of not bringing rets.

i hate holy, i don't want to spend another season healing just to do rbgs.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

He never said anything about rets being bad. He is referring to the general population that disregards rets as viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    So you created this thread not to complain about Rets performance in rbgs but to complain that you personally were removed from a group without ample reason in one specific instance?
    Yes, it appears he did. It's because of the way the majority view ret. It's actually an issue if you try to pug your way up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    The stigma from Cata is still there, ret is half decent. But if you join a guild they will make you respec to holy, no matter how skilled you are at playing ret or how hard you worked to get some half decent gear at start of expansion. So yeah, coming back to the point, i agree with the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i'm still fighting last seasons stigma of not bringing rets.

i hate holy, i don't want to spend another season healing just to do rbgs.
    I had that aswell, people always wanted me to bring my rogue or shaman

15+ Year Old Account
    One persons opinion with no link means very little, Maybe you are maybe you aren't no proof so imo your 1 person and out of all the people I know running 2500+ RBG's atm there are not any Rets. I'm not talking about Rank 1 Players getting in because they are rank 1 i'm talking about a solid team that is capable of the 2400 range. They are most definitely not covered in Rets.

They are however covered in Mages, Boomkins, SPriests and Warlocks so it's all about caster cleave again at least for now.

The Stigma has been with Ret since TBC and the spec will never lose that Stigma.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    One persons opinion with no link means very little, Maybe you are maybe you aren't no proof so imo your 1 person and out of all the people I know running 2500+ RBG's atm there are not any Rets. I'm not talking about Rank 1 Players getting in because they are rank 1 i'm talking about a solid team that is capable of the 2400 range. They are most definitely not covered in Rets.

They are however covered in Mages, Boomkins, SPriests and Warlocks so it's all about caster cleave again at least for now.

The Stigma has been with Ret since TBC and the spec will never lose that Stigma.
    To be fair it's very likely that he is, I would also bet his arena rating in the past is higher. That's the issue - It's extremely hard for rets to even get a chance to prove themselves. I mean unless they make HoW hit for like 150k + so people are like WTF OMG OP. It's going to be hard to get into an rbg group without knowing the leader or majority of players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    To be fair it's very likely that he is, I would also bet his arena rating in the past is higher. That's the issue - It's extremely hard for rets to even get a chance to prove themselves. I mean unless they make HoW hit for like 150k + so people are like WTF OMG OP. It's going to be hard to get into an rbg group without knowing the leader or majority of players.
    Maybe he is or isn't I agree it's not the question and he backs it with no proof so imo his post has no validity. I've been 2500+ in 3's multiple seasons and I struggle to get into RBG's as Ret if he provided a link he would be offering proof. That being said it will be far easier to get into an RBG as a caster than a melee let alone a Ret.

Im currently 2222 in rbgs as ret. Wouldn't let me post my armory but im Electrofunk at Windrunner.