Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    an online test said 117, but I think I might be a bit lower, then again I never rate myself very highly in anything :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    How many people ever actually get a real IQ test? I mean ya lots of people have taken those free online ones, but do those really count?
    Well, I doubt it will be as useful as an actual test done by professionals.

There are quite a few online IQ tests that will likely put you in the ballpark.

If you aren't familiar with the scoring, 100 is average, 152 is MENSA qualification, and mid-130's is borderline genius.

IQ is a lot like horsepower. It is a measure of pure intellectual processing power(ignoring potential biases in the test). So, if you identify gifted children early, you can potentially develop their abilities fully. Our education systems are designed to the average, so if you think about it that way, about 16% of the kids in school are undeserved with respect to their capabilities.

That said,I think the reason so many brilliant people waste their lives is that they rightly find school boring, the daily grind to be tedious to the point of being intolerable, etc. the worst thing about the human condition is being painfully aware that you are soaking in it.

I agree, though, that the effort you put in is more important, at the end of the day, than pure intelligence. But a hard working person who is also intelligent can typically find better, more efficient ways of doing things, that another person might not think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, I doubt it will be as useful as an actual test done by professionals.
    Of course, it can always help with an inflated sense of self-importance! It's good for that at least, I took one of those free online IQ tests when I was like 14 or something and I think it said 120 something, I haven't put much stock into that number lol
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    You will only see a real one if you pay for it or if you have to do one for university / work.

Onlinetests are ridiculous.
    I didn't pay anything for mine, was done at the psychiatric unit in my town with a psychologist, did a bit more than just an iq test though(Was part of the testing), all in all everything took about 3 weeks to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Of course, it can always help with an inflated sense of self-importance! It's good for that at least, I took one of those free online IQ tests when I was like 14 or something and I think it said 120 something, I haven't put much stock into that number lol
    One thing I noticed with those tests is that your score can increase quite a lot by doing problems/questions of similar fashion. I once saw my sisters and father try out a mathematical test on some website and I just observed a bit of what they did. None of them scored 100% on it, but after they tried it a couple of times they got close. I, on the other hand, had never really done a similar test before, but by just observing their attempts a bit, I managed to score the highest score possible on my first try.

I already knew beforehand that my mathematical capabilities were pretty decent, but I still would not have got that score unless I had observed some of the problem they got during the test. Depending on how much you are used to something and by having right kind of knowledge before doing those tests, it will affect the score quite a bit.

My interest in online tests was piqued and I found this:
    http://www.mensa.org/workout.php

Not actually an IQ test but I thought it was interesting.

Got 29/30... I spelt banalities wrong >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I see many people here writing 135-160 which are probably liars. I took an actual iq test, a real one, not online and my iq is 127.
    They are, no one wants to 'look' stupid. The IQ test itself is intended to see how well a person does in an educational setting. It has no bearing on how smart a person really is, which can be defined in many ways (money management, 'street smarts', common sense, etc). 95% of the populace is within 2 std deviations of the mean (100) which means that 98% of the populace is below 131. But, since we all know that mmo champers do not lie and the internet always holds the truth, we've proven completely higher minds than ourselves, wrong. Given my new theory of internet revelation, there is no point to give out my actual (or is it fake) IQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    They are, no one wants to 'look' stupid. The IQ test itself is intended to see how well a person does in an educational setting. It has no bearing on how smart a person really is, which can be defined in many ways (money management, 'street smarts', common sense, etc). 95% of the populace is within 2 std deviations of the mean (100) which means that 98% of the populace is below 131. But, since we all know that mmo champers do not lie and the internet always holds the truth, we've proven completely higher minds than ourselves, wrong. Given my new theory of internet revelation, there is no point to give out my actual (or is it fake) IQ.
    An IQ test measures a persons capability of thinking logically, which is something that broadly affects a persons general intelligence. There are many types of intelligence, true, but logical thinking is a big part of many of them. It is rather given that a person with an IQ of 160 will be, generally, "smarter" than your average Joe.

So it does indeed have a bearing on how smart someone is, just not in the way most people think it would.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    this. I rarely see anybody post a number below 120 on the internet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did mine 14 years ago, it was 137 I think

Of coarse now I'm 21 so its a lot less (damn alcohol and drugs)

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    How can we know that you're not lying and you only got 95?
    Why would i lie about something insignificant as that? We all get an iq test here in elementary.

Mine was 128 or 126. Got checked by a psychologist after i nearly killed my older brother at 15. I feel stupid all the times anyway. Also my memory is failing me often, i forget my own age and im still in my 20`s

Deleted
    140, because i could not be arsed to try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I keep hearing people talking about their IQs or IQ levels in general, and there's one thing that bothers me... I don't know mine. I've never taken an IQ test, and I find it bothersome to go out of my way and take one, but enough about me. What is your IQ level?
    109 or something like that, I can't recall. Average.
    IQ means little in the grand scheme of things. You can have a high IQ and still be stupid. IQ only measures certain functions and abilities.

Deleted
    146, took it at age 18, now i´m 36 and there are probably 7203679237623 joints and equal amount of beers that would effect the outcome now, so i´ll say around 50.

I scored 144 iirc, when I was little, maybe 9 or 10? These days, after a teenage life of moderate marijuana use (recent lengthy study suggests teenage marijuana use lowers IQ), and some other dumb stuff I did, maybe my IQ is lower.

I don't think it's the end-all of determining factors, of course.

Deleted
    123 which is well above average. My brother scored 124 and my brother in law 122. An IQ test only measures your ability to think logically, piecing stuff together, finding hidden patterns. That's all it does

(Also, the majority of posters in this thread are full of crap, the average IQ is 90-110, and the range covers about 50% of the human race)

Deleted
    I did some IQ test when I was 14 and it said 148.

I don't know what I am now, 4 years on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    146, took it at age 18, now i´m 36 and there are probably 7203679237623 joints and equal amount of beers that would effect the outcome now, so i´ll say around 50.
    So basically, you were classified as genius and then threw it away ? veri genyous. Personally, I don't buy it (as I don't believe any other 141+ posts, but maybe it's just greed), but if you're saying the truth, shame on you.

Normally, I don't brag with it unless I'm asked and since nobody knows me here, and the question was asked..

I took an IQ test, after my entrance exams for the private high school I wanted to attend (got accepted few hours later), it was a test created by our school's psychologist and the result, (which I found out week later) was.. 137 (near the genius level) and it was the highest IQ measured in my year (most of the classmates and people from others classes had 90-120, which is absolutely fine)

only one other guy had the same result, as faith would have it, we ended up being best friends after 4 years spent in high school and we go to the same college now