Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    People are only QQing about 1v1..... this game is never going to be balanced about 1v1 so just stop the random OMFG I JUST GOT KILLED BY A HUNTER WHO POPPED ALL HIS COOLDOWNS!! I AM GOING TO THE FORUMS AND POST ABOUT IT NOW!! because it will only get you negative attention and wont solve shit. just move along and continue playing your game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    People are only QQing about 1v1..... this game is never going to be balanced about 1v1 so just stop the random OMFG I JUST GOT KILLED BY A HUNTER WHO POPPED ALL HIS COOLDOWNS!! I AM GOING TO THE FORUMS AND POST ABOUT IT NOW!! because it will only get you negative attention and wont solve shit. just move along and continue playing your game.
    If this was true, dks will have never been nerfed to the shit they were in cata and now in mop. Most of the QQ about dks came from scrubs who couldn't beat them in duels outside SW and OG, as dks never melted the arena ladders as to deserve a nerf, with the exception, ofc, of season 5 when both dks and rets were ridiculous (like how warriors are now, mind you).
    Also, what about protection specs in pvp ?! There were like 12 prots in the arena top 100 worldwide back in wotlk, so you can't say they were OP as fuck in the arena, but still they nerfed prots so hard than nowadays they're only good for flag carrying.

So yeah, the devs may claim they don't balance pvp on 1v1 but they DO, or at least take 1v1 very seriously when balancing pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    If this was true, dks will have never been nerfed to the shit they were in cata and now in mop. Most of the QQ about dks came from scrubs who couldn't beat them in duels outside SW and OG, as dks never melted the arena ladders as to deserve a nerf, with the exception, ofc, of season 5 when both dks and rets were ridiculous (like how warriors are now, mind you).
    Also, what about protection specs in pvp ?! There were like 12 prots in the arena top 100 worldwide back in wotlk, so you can't say they were OP as fuck in the arena, but still they nerfed prots so hard than nowadays they're only good for flag carrying.

So yeah, the devs may claim they don't balance pvp on 1v1 but they DO, or at least take 1v1 very seriously when balancing pvp.
    Prots where to viable because they had a shitload of cc and they had vengeance stacking way to high.
    The reason they nerfed that was because DKs couldnt get too 1800 rating solo (mionelol is an example) vengeance in pvp was just redicilious because of some other classes benefitting to much from it and thats why they got nerfed too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Only badies complain about BM hunters, because they don't know about the following:

- pets are ignoring resil and certain damage mitigation abilities/talents

- stampede is on a 5min CD, doesn't get reset by readiness and is the main, biggest burst

- hunters do almost no damage outside of their CDs, it's either blow their CDs, hope for the target to die or wait another 2mins or even 5mins - why else do you think they're one of those classes that can't kill a warrior with second wind unless they save/throw everything they have at them?

- the beast within doesn't give the hunter immunity to CC, but only the pet

- the majority of hunters will never be over 2k anyway, if you're looking a more 'fotm' class, you'll want to consider warriors/mages instead since they have just as good burst, but more sustained damage - there's no waiting 5mins to do some gamebreaking damage with these classes for example, shatter combos/frost bombs don't rely on 2min CDs, etc
    QFT, I can only add that a BM nerf would make hunters worthless since the other specs aren't very good right now. Also, there are other classes with good sustained damage and bursts on small CD's.

Only badies complain about BM hunters, because they don't know about the following:

- stampede is on a 5min CD, doesn't get reset by readiness and is the main, biggest burst

- hunters do almost no damage outside of their CDs, it's either blow their CDs, hope for the target to die or wait another 2mins or even 5mins - why else do you think they're one of those classes that can't kill a warrior with second wind unless they save/throw everything they have at them?

- the majority of hunters will never be over 2k anyway, if you're looking a more 'fotm' class, you'll want to consider warriors/mages instead since they have just as good burst, but more sustained damage - there's no waiting 5mins to do some gamebreaking damage with these classes for example, shatter combos/frost bombs don't rely on 2min CDs, etc
    /clap

this was the only post that has made any sense. And disarm says hello...

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Meh, I'd say they should move some damage from the ridiculous burst cds to the steady damage.
    *see survival and marksman specializations*

Enh/Fmage/Rdruid V Bm/hpal/war My druid opens up with a cyclone on healer the instant my healer comes out the hunter on the other team opens up on him hunter starts off with a pet stun and bursts. He died befor stun even came off.

Funny thing is, 1v1 is the most balanced thing in pvp atm.

Deleted
    I hope you agree with me on this.

I myself is not asking to make this game 100% balanced, more like, enjoyable. There is times when this game is NEARLY enjoyable except ONE class ruining the whole pvp experience. Yes, its THAT close. What a pity, but thats what you get for having Ghostcrawler.

The best tip i can give to players is, roll a fotm. Its actually enjoyable even if you dont have to use your brain at all. Be sure to level some alts time to time, and read PTR etc to make sure that guy is going to get OP. Blizzard does not give a damn about pvp balance at all, so dont worry if Blizzard might nerf a skill thats too good in pvp at the PTR cause it most likely wont happen.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-09 at 02:12 PM.

1. Slaying pets obviously still works, but you can't kill stampede which is basically the only broken aspect of the class anyway. You need the zoo to not be touching you or have a hard immunity.

2. And it's the main, biggest problem.

3. So like any other class? Even warriors don't actually do unreasonable damage outside of cooldowns, although it's probably a little more than most classes. Only class that fundamentally has clown burst is a frost mage tbh, but it's actually counterable in the majority of cases.

4. Nobody cares about the hunter anyway since he doesn't do any damage anyway. He's mostly just the silence/scatter/tarp bot.

5. Warriors rely on cooldowns in very much the same way as a hunter. You're actually surprisingly close to the same class. I won't deny that warriors have a lot more going for them and have better damage in general, but they're still a very similar design. The main difference is a mongo warrior can tunnel a healer and hard cc him while killing him for an unreasonably long time. Hunters only have a silencing shot to cover themselves if they wanted to try the same thing. As for mages, frost bomb and deep freeze are both dispellable, deep is trinketable, and you can cc over a deep to ruin it. Can't trinket a stampede, but anything that would work on

Hunters need to be fixed, not nerfed into the ground. Outside of one cooldown, they aren't really an exceptional class. I don't think they'd be hopeless either, but they're really just average. But stampede is unacceptably powerful--at least for BM--and it either has to go (from arena) or be changed significantly. Then, to go along with that, they can get some fixes. I'm sure you don't want to play a dribbler gimmick class whose only strength is a oneshot button either. I hear hunter PvE damage is pretty low, so maybe they could start by bringing that up to par. After that, maybe traps could finally become a regular cc? Trap-eating is kind of a slap in the face to hunters when most classes simply have control like that by default. Not really an expert on hunters (since most seasons there are so few), just spitballing here.

Deleted
    i guess just after warriors are nerfed :P

they dont really need nerfing, just a fix. the class is based so heavily around the burst and cooldowns its absurd. i only just started playing BM 2days ago, and it seems to rely on the burst damage too much without much sustainable damage. after stampede/lynxrush and beastial wrath are used up, the damage goes waaay down. imo the burst should be lowered but given more sustainable damage. thats my opinion anyway. i havnt spent a great deal of time on my hunter as BM as i find the spec pretty boring. thats just my take from a few BGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Enh/Fmage/Rdruid V Bm/hpal/war My druid opens up with a cyclone on healer the instant my healer comes out the hunter on the other team opens up on him hunter starts off with a pet stun and bursts. He died befor stun even came off.

Funny thing is, 1v1 is the most balanced thing in pvp atm.
    Wow dude! great you know which abilitys will be used in which order. Let one of your teammates eat the damn trap you scrub duuuuuuuuh please you clearly dont know how 2 pvp

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-09 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    4. Nobody cares about the hunter anyway since he doesn't do any damage anyway. He's mostly just the silence/scatter/tarp bot.
    Common misconception, if you cc the hunter he won't be able to KC and if you cc him for like atleast 2-3 seconds it is one less KC during BW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I love hearing casters qq about how their life is so hard.

try playing melee.

stun/root/snare fest..
    I hear you bro! My warrior is in such a bad spot right now. Cant do anything :/

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    after shadow priests
    After warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    5. Warriors rely on cooldowns in very much the same way as a hunter. You're actually surprisingly close to the same class. I won't deny that warriors have a lot more going for them and have better damage in general, but they're still a very similar design. The main difference is a mongo warrior can tunnel a healer and hard cc him while killing him for an unreasonably long time. Hunters only have a silencing shot to cover themselves if they wanted to try the same thing. As for mages, frost bomb and deep freeze are both dispellable, deep is trinketable, and you can cc over a deep to ruin it. Can't trinket a stampede, but anything that would work on

Hunters need to be fixed, not nerfed into the ground. Outside of one cooldown, they aren't really an exceptional class. I don't think they'd be hopeless either, but they're really just average. But stampede is unacceptably powerful--at least for BM--and it either has to go (from arena) or be changed significantly.
    I agree that Stampede is too powerful, but the truth is, things only 'happen' obviously when it's being popped, not any other hunter CD, so it's extremely dependent for when you want something to die quickly. You may as well rename the hunter class to 'Stampede class', which I think a lot less experienced people may be seeing it as atm.

If Stampede was to be nerfed or even unusable in areas, it is absolute guaranteed that blizzard will need to buff BM somehow elsewhere so that it isn't unintentionally hit in PvE.
    Lets not forget about SV and MM either, as those specs are not even viable right now, since BM is just superior right now. Those specs are definitely going to buffed eventually, which should also open up some more choices and gameplay for hunters, instead of just bringing in the 5min zoo.
    And yes, there's no reason why hunters need to be nerfed hard, as a few 'fixes' is all it takes to address some of the OP burst. Like I said, in some of the points I already raised, such as bugged pets that bypass resi, damage will automatically go down. That's not hard to work out.

But the funny thing is that people still don't realize how poor our sustained damage is right now, as they can only speak of the first 20secs or so of a fight, or when Stampede is used. As far as warriors go, I'd say they're superior to hunters right now since they're almost unkillable unless you'd be willing to burn some offensive CDs vs them. They've also got higher sustained damage, which I see as more important than a few secs of burst, as it's pressure that you want to be keeping up.
    But my point is, yeah ok, so some of us kind of expect a nerf to BM soon, but it'll most likely not just be a straight-up nerf across the board - hunters in PvE are nowhere near as OP as their PvP state for example, and as I said, we're forgetting about the other specs that aren't even in the picture.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-10-09 at 02:46 PM.

When they buff MM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Wow dude! great you know which abilitys will be used in which order. Let one of your teammates eat the damn trap you scrub duuuuuuuuh please you clearly dont know how 2 pvp
    It's ok Youwow, reading and comprehension must be hard for you. It's ok, perhaps you should stay in school? Not once was trap listed, it someone dying in the duration of pet intimidation stun. I love when baddies come on the forums to talk smack and look like more of a moron after posting. Thanks for make it clear to all of us!

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-09 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Common misconception, if you cc the hunter he won't be able to KC and if you cc him for like atleast 2-3 seconds it is one less KC during BW.
    Ok, I guess it's helpful to a degree, but BW just isn't that scary right now. Sadly enough, all it means to me is I may have to swiftmend instead of just /dancing while hots tick. It's more of a warning to watch out for real cooldowns happening at the same time. Still good to know though; I'm always happy to learn something.

I agree that Stampede is too powerful, but the truth is, things only 'happen' obviously when it's being popped, not any other hunter CD, so it's extremely dependent for when you want something to die quickly...

But the funny thing is that people still don't realize how poor our sustained damage is right now, as they can only speak of the first 20secs or so of a fight, or when Stampede is used. As far as warriors go, I'd say they're superior to hunters right now since they're almost unkillable unless you'd be willing to burn some offensive CDs vs them. They've also got higher sustained damage, which I see as more important than a few secs of burst, as it's pressure that you want to be keeping up.
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly. Hunters have the most broken single ability; warriors are a complete package. When you survive a stampede, there's nothing else to watch out for from the hunter for another 5 minutes. While most classes actually have pretty poor sustained damage right now, their cooldowns let them pressure a lot more regularly than a hunter. The only classes that seem to have some damage outside of cooldowns are warriors and deathknights (not saying they're broken, just that I see a fair bit of damage whenever they're on someone). Sliding some of their damage into to RF and BW would be helpful.

even if u cc the hunter, the pet solo kills u,hmm

Keep it civil
    i wasn't making a hypothetical situation, thats what actualy happened, apparently you not knowing how to read equates to me not knowing pvp. Makes sense i guess.

Deleted
    Threads complaining about this class or that class are getting pretty tiresome. There are always things that do not work as they should, even more so in the start of the first season of a new expansion but making different threads about every class is overpowered (or, if you're a rogue, underpowered) because x and y and z is not going to get you anywhere either.