Poll: On a scale of 1-10, (10 being the most), how much do you like space?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Mind reading donuts from outer space!!! The questions. Part 3!

*music starts playing*
    * The hosts walk out from off screen.*

Announcer - Welcome back to another exciting episode of "The Questions!"

Nick and Oliva - Today, we have three topics, and boy, are they fun!

*music stops*

Nick - Our first topic for today is...
    * Nick reaches into his pocket, and pulls out three cards, briefly looking through them. *
    ...mind reading! You know it, and you may or may not love it, but it's a super power none the less!

Oliva - That's right, Nick, but why don't we ask our Champions, what they think? If you're wondering just what kind of mind reading it is, it would be entirely selective. So you only read somebodies mind if you want to read their mind.

Nick -But before you answer, ask yourselves, would you want to read your own mind?

*Music starts playing*
    Champions, jot down your answers!
    *music stops*

Nick - Well Champions, those are some mighty fine answers you've got there, but let's move on!

Oliva - Our next topic will be about donuts. I mean, who out there doesn't like donuts, right Nick?

Nick - I once knew a guy who didn't like donuts, he was the least happy fella I ever knew.

Oliva - Once?

Nick - He jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge.

Oliva - Oh god, that's awful!

Nick - And why you should like donuts, they make you happy! So Champions, what are your favorite kind of donuts? What do you eat them with? When, and where? Tell us all about your sick, donut related fantasies!

*music starts playing*
    *music stops*

* Nick and Oliva are eating donuts. *

Nick - I don't know about you Oliva, but I sure love these custard filled donuts. Nothing beats them.

Oliva - I don't know Nick, I think our next topic does!

Nick - You're right, and speaking of our next topic...

Oliva - It's out of this world!

Nick - That's because, it's space! So Champions, tell us, how much do you love space? On a scale from one to ten. Would you be alright with endlessly floating about the cosmos in a space ship?

Oliva - Or would you rather help colonize another planet?

Nick and Oliva - Tell us now!

*music starts playing*
    *music stops playing*

Nick - Well Champions, thanks for playing today, but we're just about out of time. Remember to tune in next time, for another exciting episode of...

Nick and Oliva - The Questions!

* Nick and Oliva wave at the camera. *

*fade out*
    *music starts playing*
    *credits roll*
    This episode of "The Questions" was brought to you by Xyli and Friends, Inc.
    *random other things nobody cares about*

I put way too much time into this.

Tl;dr questions - Would you want to have a selectively controlled mind reading? What are your favorite kind of donuts, and how/where/when did you eat them? On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like space? Would you rather be on a space ship or a progressing colony planet?
    Last edited by ghostkitteh; 2012-10-09 at 04:32 AM.

1.) Sure.
    2.) Glazed Donuts are the best, but I don't get them very often.
    3.) On a scale of 0-10 for space, I vote "SPAAAAAAAAAACE!"

You're very random.

1. No, I wouldn't want to read other peoples minds. Even though you mention it's selective, I can see myself using it on everyone all the time. I think I would go insane from that.

2. Toffee glazed donuts from Tim Hortons are the best donuts.

3. One, I've never been interested in space.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Whatever floats the boat.
    2. Any dunkin' donut is best donut. I'm a noob at amurrican stuff. When I was in New York I ate a lot of donuts.
    3. There is emptiness in space. I find that cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

1- Yes, though there are only a very few select times I'd use the ability to read minds, I could see it being insanely useful. Not to mention, you'd make one heck of a detective if you managed to book people that way.

2 - I love donuts. We have this place, Scotties. They make theirs fresh every morning. Usually get a donut from them every week.

3 - I love space. I'd totally be alright with floating around the cosmos aimlessly, as long as I had something to entertain me, be it books or music. Though, I think that'd give me a lot of free time to pick up a hobby, like painting. Being on a fresh colony planet would depend on civilization as a whole. It could either be terrible, or entirely fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. It would be cool. But I don't think I'd want to know most of what they're thinking. So.... probably not. If I had other cool psychic powers to go with it then sure.
    2. I don't actually like doughnuts.
    3. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! I'd go for the best of both worlds though. I would help colonise planets, then once they were established, go into stasis until a new planet was being colonised and do the same again. I'd stay awake for as much of the journey as I could too.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    :O i imagined i was in a TV show while reading this, it made me exited^^

1. I'd like to be able to read peoples minds aslong as i can turn it on and of as i wish.
    2. I've only eaten a doughnut once and i didn't realy like it I ate it when i visited the US with my brother and dad. Dunno were i ate it though, can't remember.
    3. The thought of an endless space with almost no way to find your way back if you get lost scares me. I rather just sit about on planet earth and eat chips and play video game.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    :O i imagined i was in a TV show while reading this, it made me exited^^
    Then the half hour of time I put into it was worth it, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Yes, absolutely. Selective meaning you can turn it on and off. Remember that TV show called something like "Average American Family" or something similar? Each member finds out they have superpowers, and the teenage girl goes crazy because she can't turn off her mind-reading (at least as far as I watched, and the show didn't last long). I couldn't deal with that. But I'm super paranoid about what people think about me, so it'd be nice to know.

2. Chocolate-covered crullers. No, I don't know why I like them over glazed doughnuts. Surface area means everything I guess in the texture. Regular doughnuts are great too though. Where? Um, at home, after I buy them from the store. Never been into a Dunkin' Donuts ever, and it didn't help there wasn't one near where I lived.

3. Nope, no, nope. I've mentioned this before, but I have this weird phobia of space. I'm fine watching TV shows when it's fake, and animated shows like Futurama are even easier. Real photos can be fine too, as long as they're relatively blank. But for some reason, when it comes to the really...colorful...things like galaxies and...quasars I think, my mind just...does something. I can't even explain it, but I absolutely have to turn away, close the page, something, to stop looking at it. So, if I were forced to go to space in real life, my brain would probably explode or something.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-10 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    1. Yes, absolutely. Selective meaning you can turn it on and off. Remember that TV show called something like "Average American Family" or something similar? Each member finds out they have superpowers, and the teenage girl goes crazy because she can't turn off her mind-reading (at least as far as I watched, and the show didn't last long). I couldn't deal with that. But I'm super paranoid about what people think about me, so it'd be nice to know.

2. Chocolate-covered crullers. No, I don't know why I like them over glazed doughnuts. Surface area means everything I guess in the texture. Regular doughnuts are great too though. Where? Um, at home, after I buy them from the store. Never been into a Dunkin' Donuts ever, and it didn't help there wasn't one near where I lived.

3. Nope, no, nope. I've mentioned this before, but I have this weird phobia of space. I'm fine watching TV shows when it's fake, and animated shows like Futurama are even easier. Real photos can be fine too, as long as they're relatively blank. But for some reason, when it comes to the really...colorful...things like galaxies and...quasars I think, my mind just...does something. I can't even explain it, but I absolutely have to turn away, close the page, something, to stop looking at it. So, if I were forced to go to space in real life, my brain would probably explode or something.
    Oh Pend, you and you're nice, detailed post.

The next thread probably wont be for a while. Doesn't really seem to be all that much interest in answering random questions. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I don't think I'd want the ability to read minds. Not only would it be a gross invasion of privacy, but life would get boring because conversations wouldn't actually be necessary. It'd be useful in some areas, but the mind belongs to the individual and everyone is entitled to their private thoughts.
    2. Due to food allergies, I can't eat my favorite food anymore (doughnuts). Long ago before I developed them, maple bars were my heaven. There is something about doughnuts that is just so right.
    3. I don't like space at all and would not enjoy floating in it. It's empty, it's cold, and it sounds pretty boring to me. I wouldn't really want to go to another planet either as Earth already has everything I need. If I had to choose whether I lived in a space ship or on another planet, I'd choose the planet.