[Shadow] Best weapon Enchant question

I heard that the windsong proc doesnt go off for our channled spells or dots, so if thats true (and we dont have access to jade spirit) which enchant comes out on top? Anyone know about this more?

Deleted
    Power torrent sadly, affliction has the same issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phus View Post
    I heard that the windsong proc doesnt go off for our channled spells or dots, so if thats true (and we dont have access to jade spirit) which enchant comes out on top? Anyone know about this more?
    Doesn't matter even if true, proc chance is pretty decent. You'll be limited by the internal cooldown just like everyone else. It'll still proc off of Mind Blast, Halo, Mind Spike (if specced), SW:P application, and DP application. The next best would be Power Torrent, but trust me when I say that it not proccing off Mind Flay does not make up for the difference in proc magnitude.

yeah a lock told me that... LAME! I assume this is true then?

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:45 AM ----------

theres also the fact that it doesnt proc off of dot ticks. hmm ill dummy it out

AFter like 3 mins, i never proced, I used halo once, and it procced it but i dont use halo on dummies cuz it always hits other targest as well. Its pretty clear that its not good for spriests as well.
    Last edited by phus; 2012-10-09 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Doesn't matter even if true, proc chance is pretty decent. You'll be limited by the internal cooldown just like everyone else. It'll still proc off of Mind Blast, Halo, Mind Spike (if specced), SW:P application, and DP application. The next best would be Power Torrent, but trust me when I say that it not proccing off Mind Flay does not make up for the difference in proc magnitude.
    I don't know where you get this from, but I've had only 2 procs in a 6 minute fight and I'm using FDCL. It's rubbish compared to melee procs. At least Blizzard is workjng on a fix I believe.

Deleted
    It doesn't work at all - only works for melee hits (try on a dummy - you will get all three proc's at the same time..) or heal. Tested on a dummy - no proc from 30 MB, 60 MSp's. Hope Blizz will fix it this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    You're wrong. Power Torrent is currently superior to Windsong's ~4% proc rate.. and that's even IF it decides to proc at all.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    Last raid my windsong was up 1.1% of the time (by comparison my alchemy trinket was up 12.5%), some pulls I didn't get a proc at all, and these were 6 minute fights... seems like I need to get a power torrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    You're wrong. Power Torrent is currently superior to Windsong's ~4% proc rate.. and that's even IF it decides to proc at all.
    I had 19 procs on my Feng the Accursed kill. Not sure what's up, but I don't even think the claim that it fails to proc on DoTs is true. I've even had multiple Windsong procs of different stats overlap.

Edit: d'oh. I was Disc on Feng. Derp. Yeah, on my Shadow kills I got about 1 proc per minute instead of 3-4, for about 17% uptime. Well damn. I don't really wanna have to switch enchants every fight too. =|
    Last edited by espoire; 2012-10-09 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Last raid for us was 19 pulls of Gara'jal. I managed 11 procs all night. Our holy priest got 85, dps warrior had over 240. Something is really broken with dps caster proc rates.

Yep thx guys, back to cata enchants for us i guess till we have the jade spirit one.

Deleted
    I was reading the warlocks forums earlier today and many ppl there said windsong fixed and they have great uptime even as afli...anyone tested it to see if is truth?

Deleted
    @eviltouch
    I've just checked our logs for last night. We ran two shadow priests, one with power torrent and one with windsong.

On the Feng kill:
    Windsong procced once. 1.3% uptime.
    Power torrent procced 11 times. 25.2% uptime.

So as of last night (Weds - 10/10/12) it wasn't fixed for shadow priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come and it's fixed for locks and not SP it's the dot that matters the fix should be applied in both, i don't get it.

Deleted
    Thank you and I was happy when I saw the posts about it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:27 PM ----------

I was in a training dummy right now and i had many procs from windsong,not so many like in beta was the proc rate was good seems that they fixed it!

Deleted
    Be interested to see what sort of uptime it's giving now - to equal power torrent windsong needs around 17% uptime, I'm not sure even a fixed version would be that high.

Windsong is fixed for SP now. When I checked my logs yesterday, throughout all heroic SG and Feng I only got ~2 procs per fight, but tonight during Elegon I got all 3 version of the buffs (100 Mastery, 85 Haste and 82 Crit procs to be exact), with a 12.5%, 11% & 10% uptime respectively.
    An interesting point I saw in thrash was that I noticed all 3 buffs were up a few times, and even sometimes a buff would reset its own duration. So WS procs don't seem to be sharing an icd, or have an icd for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windsong is fixed, about the proc rate here is some info on it.

Windsong: 1PPM on melee damage, or non-periodic spell damage/healing, with a 1-second cooldown.

Source - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...436?page=8#154 - Crithto

Edit - Some more info with my testing on raid dummies it seems very weird on its procs, at times I can cast 2 dots and have it proc 2 buffs. Other times I can be multi dotting and get 0 procs for a good span and others get all 3 up and 2 up most of the time, regardless tho I think this has to beat out power torrent (specially on aoe fights like spritbinder and stone guard) but I have no sims or logs to compare since the fix, so just an imo. Mainly since 1500 of any of the 3 stats is better than 500 int.
    Last edited by Tripleblack; 2012-10-11 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    I put windsong back on for tonight's raid, proc rates were variable to say the least. I had 80% uptime on the Gara'jal kill, but only 25% on Spirit Kings. Average uptime across all kills was 52%. Seems to be quite a lot better than power torrent now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    An interesting point I saw in thrash was that I noticed all 3 buffs were up a few times, and even sometimes a buff would reset its own duration. So WS procs don't seem to be sharing an icd, or have an icd for that matter.
    Yes i can confirm that, it seems that they not sharing an icd and you could have all 3 up at the same time or even refresh their own duration if stars are aligned.