Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Change color of energy bar?

Hmmm.. i think that monks and rogues are a bit similar, especially in pvp, just had an idea to change the colour of the bar, maybe to a little more yellowish orange.

EDIT: On brewmaster monks.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-10 at 06:22 AM.

well its the same resource such as rage used by both warriors and bears ! or mana used by many classes , the resources are same but the way they are used are different so I don't see the point of changing it, if they were to change the color then they have to name it something other than energy
    come to think of it only dks have an exclusive color for their runic power and hunters
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Deleted
    It's the same energy that rogues have so I don't see why it should have a different color.

You can always change the color of your bar with addons such as shadowuf.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk it'd be a pretty pointless change since mana and rage dont change color according to class
    also this
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    You can always change the color of your bar with addons such as shadowuf.

I great idea but I think it's best to keep things simple, if every class had different colours it would get a little messy.

If monks used something else other than energy then it would definitely warrant a new colour, I suggest JADE GREEN!

Deleted
    Yeah im going to try finding an addon for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    focus is a different color, why not monk energy? lets make is Mauve or Chartreuse, or maybe Puce.

While focus is mechanically energy in that it regenerates from 1 to 100 on its own, it regenerates much slower and the hunter has to actively generate focus using steady/cobra shot to maintain their priority. That's why it's a different color, because it plays differently. Rogue and monk energy, on the other hand, regenerates at the same base speed and is used identically.

Of course if you want to change the color go ahead, make your UI pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think "Energy" bars are all the same colors. Monks, Cats and Rogues all use them. They work in that the bar is consistently filling up with the resource at a rapid rate.

The DKs use Runic bars, they are cyan. Their bars can only be filled up by certain attacks.

Hunters use Focus bars, they are orangey-brownish. It is much like energy, but it fills up much slower. They rely on certain attacks to help fill it up faster (cobra shot, steady shot)

Warriors/Bears use Rage bars, they are red. They fill up auto attacking and being attacked and now certain attack abilities fill it up as well.

Casters use mana bars, they are blue. Well you get the idea.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Mana is the same color from class to class, so I''m not sure why Energy would need to be changed. People don't seem to complain about telling mana-users apart, and Monks and Rogues are using the exact same resource.

Kitty energy is the same color as well, and bear rage is the same color as warrior rage...

Deleted
    Cat form and rogues for example are similar. They have great dodges, takes great damage and look much different.

But yeah, good point on mana users. Priests and mages look the same.

I forgot to say that i only want brewmaster monks to have a slightly different shaded color, but thats just me being lazy to watch what class im up against.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-10 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Obviously i know what energy is..

Im too lazy to check classes sometimes while pvping, thinking im fighting a rogue and it turns out to be a brewmaster monk. Difference between cat form and rogue, bear form and warrior and ofcourse mage and priest is not that much cause they act the same at the beggining.
    Definitely get an unitframe addon then. The power bars (energy, mana, rage...) matches the class color for me.
    Your problem is not with energy anyway, your problem is that you want to distinguish Monk and Rogue aparts. That seems a job for addons to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably moddable indeed, but yea energy is yellow, like rage is red and mana blue :P

I dont see any problem in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Definitely get an unitframe addon then. The power bars (energy, mana, rage...) matches the class color for me.
    Your problem is not with energy anyway, your problem is that you want to distinguish Monk and Rogue aparts. That seems a job for addons to me.
    I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Probably moddable indeed, but yea energy is yellow, like rage is red and mana blue :P

I dont see any problem in it.
    The only minor problem when im lazy is that i think im hitting a rogue and it turns out to be a brewmaster, nothing special.

Look for weapons. Pvp rogues will probably have daggers. Monks will not.

That or get shadowed unit frames. I believe there's an option to make their health bar match class color.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    focus is a different color, why not monk energy?
    In terms of how you generate and use it, focus has more in common with combo points than it does with energy. While it does tick in on its own (very slowly), the general mechanic is that your basic attacks generate focus while your special "finishers" spend it.

In contrast, all the energy-based classes have some kind of combo point-like system on top, using energy to limit how often they can use their basic attacks, which build up a separate resource that you spend on special attacks.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Mana is the same color from class to class, so I''m not sure why Energy would need to be changed. People don't seem to complain about telling mana-users apart, and Monks and Rogues are using the exact same resource.

Kitty energy is the same color as well, and bear rage is the same color as warrior rage...
    People have gotten used to telling mana-users apart. We're also used to yellow bars = rogues. Red bars = warriors, Bear = Bear, Cat = Cat.

Bottom line, we'll all get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    Im used to belivie that a cloth wearer is not a tank, but i guess ill get used to this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Im used to belivie that a cloth wearer is not a tank, but i guess ill get used to this.
    Not cloth, leather.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest