Deleted

Trouble in the arena

Hi guys.. been playing mage sinds TBC.
    I did my BG farm this week and loving it. Its hard to target a mage in BG's whene they come for me i have block , instant invis and alter time rdy to get them off me.. So i can cc again and help nuke a focused target..

My problem is arena in MOP.. I am not liking it so much.. Its rly hard to get a bomb off.. Pll know whats coming whene i bomb and deep so they trinket that (if i do not get a CS whene i try to cast bomb , its the only spell you have the CS vs a frost mage). So i have to w8 30 befor i can try again.. Any other dmg is pretty low or non at all.. We just need that deep.. So thats how we do dmg now and i do not like it..

My biggest problem is the kiting.. We lost a snare with Cone of cold and its seems every meele has a extra gap closer or reflect or stun.. SO its -1 for us and +1 for the rest meaning i feel like a warlock with 1 or 2 meelee on me and it sux..

Try casting frost bomb with 2 meele on you .. Your not going to have a good time..

I am the only 1 with this problem? if so all tips are welcome becaus atm i am lost in arena..

Greetz Konoz

(ps: soz for the bad english )

i'm not a mage but a druid but have you tryed to take the first talent in the first tier of talents that makes your ability a instant?
    so you can use it to make frost bomb instant?
    i don't know if it works but you could give it a try or whenever you come out of stealth use the bomb first maybe and than deep.
    maybe take frostjaw aswell than it snares and silence the target
    Last edited by nightmarez; 2012-10-09 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    whene i come out of invis i can just cast it and deep.. pll trinket that becaus they know its the only dmg a mage can do so there i stand with only a bomb and no deep
    After 30sec ill do instant bomb and deep so i can get off some dmg but most of the time pll do not die if i can pull of 1 bomb/deep..

could you maybe tell me your team setup and if it's 2vs2 or 3vs3 ?

Deleted
    Not have a setup yet.. Just played with irl friends and randoms to get cap and test out mage in arena..

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to be in deep freeze for shatter to activate, you can time only frost nova or pet freeze a split second before the bomb goes off.

Deeps should be used as filler between polymorph cc's. use pet nova to activate shatters

any team that lets you cast bombs and shatters freely is bad. you just need practice and lots of play to start finding a way around people trying to stop you from casting frost bomb, just the way arena works.