Could you give me some hand on Affliction?

I don't know what's up but afflclition dps it's very low, dunno if it's a gear problem. Yesterday after the raid I won a new trinket( Vision of the Predator) and the chest from tailoring. I replaced the trinket for that one from Brewfest boss, it a good replace even?

But this logs makes me wonder if I lost my skills with my warlock, I believe so :´(

Feng: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1440&e=1915

Elegon: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-khcx1rn6vegehxwu/

On Elegon was a completly joke )=, first time on my wow live that I said " I can't push more". I was doing the normal rotation, without letting fade the dots. Aligning cooldown's and proc's, etc...

I believe i'm doing something wrong with reforge or gems.My haste rating it's around 5-6.% You can check armory to check some flaws( if you don't mind): Vort,Warlock 90. Can't link it.

All the Feng and Elegon tries were awful... If someone can help i REALLY appreciate. Because I'm tired to improve and I'm not seeing any results.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-10-09 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the latest posts of the sticky affliction topic here, there are many pointers to be found on how to play optimally.

On Elegon some ideas (didn't do it yet, but this is my theory on how I will perform at the maximum potential):

1) During the first phase, make sure you have very high Overcharge/Touch the Titans buff uptime, only go out like 2 seconds before Total Annihilation, then go back in asap.

2) SB: SS the protectors, and SS them to the boss when his dots are about to fall off. Use Kil'jaeden's cunning while moving and casting Drain Soul on the add while it casts Total Annihilation to get shards back, use Haunts on the boss, like a boss. Rinse and Repeat.

3) On the second phase, cast a SB: Seed of Corruption 2-3 seconds before his Draw Power cast wears off. Because he takes extra damage, it will explode really soon, and maybe you can cast 1 or 2 normal Seeds on the boss to do some extra damage on all the sparks, after you have hopefully spread Corruption on everything with the first SB: Seed. Use SB:SS and Haunts if you have enough shards on your spark. Use Drain Soul for a few seconds and refresh dots on boss after sparks are dead to get 1-2 shards back to repeat the whole process.

4) Make sure you dot everything in the in-between phase. Use SB: Seed and Seed on all the adds while they are gathered up. Drain Soul adds that are about to die to get shards back when boss is vulnerable again, spam Haunts, you know the drill.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2012-10-09 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If you read the latest posts the sticky affliction topic here, there are many pointers to be found on how to play optimally.

On Elegon some ideas (didn't do it yet, but this is my theory on how I will perform at the maximum potential):

1) During the first phase, make sure you have very high Overcharge/Touch the Titans buff uptime, only go out like 2 seconds before Total Annihilation, then go back in asap.

2) SB: SS the protectors, and SS them to the boss when his dots are about to fall off. Use Kil'jaeden's cunning while moving and casting Drain Soul on the add while it casts Total Annihilation to get shards back, use Haunts on the boss, like a boss. Rinse and Repeat.

3) On the second phase, cast a SB: Seed of Corruption 2-3 seconds before his Draw Power cast wears off. Because he takes extra damage, it will explode really soon, and maybe you can cast 1 or 2 normal Seeds on the boss to do some extra damage on all the sparks, after you have hopefully spread Corruption on everything with the first SB: Seed. Use SB:SS and Haunts if you have enough shards on your spark. Use Drain Soul for a few seconds and refresh dots on boss after sparks are dead to get 1-2 shards back to repeat the whole process.

4) Make sure you dot everything in the in-between phase. Use SB: Seed and Seed on all the adds while they are gathered up. Drain Soul adds that are about to die to get shards back when boss is vulnerable again, spam Haunts, you know the drill.

It seems this boss have alot of tricks...

1) If you let that happen your stacks will be very high close to 12 tbh.

2) On our tactic ranged aren't dpsing the protectors, we stay full time on boss. On 1º add comes I'm without shards I can multi-dot true but I will lost 2-3 sec on boss. Hummm Kil'jaeden's cunning I was using Archimonde Vengeance for when adds explode, but tbh isn't doing so much damage. I was casting on boss tho since it's a boss ability but it seems I'm not using this spell correctly. I tried Drain Soul but I need to wait that add explode before I recover all my shards back, will cost me more 2-3 sec on him.

3) Again or I save a shard for this phase or I pray for a nightfall proc, I will do SOC before draw of power, on "charge" adds, I'm not sure if I'm doing the correct rotation since they die pretty fast. I'm casting UA, Agony and spamming Malefic Grasp and when he reach <20% i switch for Drain Soul, but on 1-3 wave they are dying so fast that i almost don't have to time cast anything, I wonder if dotting them it's the correct way.

4) At spark adds I'm using tab target SOC, tab target SOC, tab SoC and ROF to the seeds explode fast.

About Feng only problem that I see it's the earthquake phase, however my dps it's very low. Top 8º on meters it's awful. I really thing isn't about my skill coz I thing I'm doing all good, I bet can be something with my gear, enchants, reforge, not skill.

I'm really really confused with all this process...

Oh and thanks Hellmaster, you give me some lights, but like I write it seems I'm doing exactly what you wrote, expect the Soul Swap protector, since no shards at that time.

I really appreciate more people leave some post here, I don't mind if you put some criticism, DO IT! Only this way I will improve, since now I'm kinda dissapointed with myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If you read the latest posts of the sticky affliction topic here, there are many pointers to be found on how to play optimally.

Thank you for the advice in regards of Kil`jaeden`s cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnmlstc View Post
    Thank you for the advice in regards of Kil`jaeden`s cunning.

good idea. i wonder if its better to use archi's venj, save it till the end so you get the passive all fight, then pop it during the final phase when the damage is enormous.