Thread: Bloodbath

Bloodbath

Sitting away from home looking over the talents and I can't really figure out exactly how Bloodbath works. You pop it and then it says your special attacks do an additional 30% damage as a 6 second bleed. But does it stack up or how does it work since during 12 seconds you hit several special attacks. Or is it just that I hit a special attack and it starts the bleed and then i can get one more after seconds?

From what I've read, yet to try it out myself, each ability effectively creates its own bleed but the icons/tooltips are consolidated as if to look like one DoT. As you hit with more abilities it ticks harder but as each ability's 6-sec runs out, the ticks also drop.

Could be wrong, mind!

I think youre spot on Photo, it does indeed seem to be the case.

You use Bloodbath, and instantly use BT-> 30% of BT is then added as a Bloodbath Debuff, ticking over the next 6 secs. If you do nothing else for those comming globals, nothing will be reapplied, obviously. If you on the otherhand 1.5 sec later, add a RB, 30% of that damage will be added to the already running BB -> and push the timer back from 4.5->6, allthough now, theres only 4.5 secs left of the BT damage, so if nothing is then added after the RB - the last 1.5 secs of the BB will only be the 30%RB BB damage, no BT. That basically goes on for the entire duration of the buff prolonging the debuff, but not the actual damage done from the initial damage sauces, they will be long gone by the end of BB.

If that made any sense, even i seem to be semi confused by my own words. Ill try to put it differently.

BB+BT -> RB -> WW ->BT ->WSx3 ->BT ->RB -> RB -> BT

00 -> 1.5 -> 3.0 -> 4.5 -> 6 -> 9 ->10.5 ->12 ->13.5

BB debuff applied at 00 initial BT runs to 6.
    RB at 1.5 runs to 7.5 adding its damage to BB from BT.
    WW at 3 adds additional damage to the ongoing BB from both BT+RB
    BT at 4,5 adds more damage, nothing has been removed yet.
    WSx3 from 6->9 adds even more, but in that 2GCD spamfest, both the dot from initial BT and RB will run out, reducing BB damage with the corresponding amount

ect ect ect. For the remaining of the debuff.

Thank you this makes sense and will be trying this out for raid tonight instead of Avatar.