Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Did you read the post at all?
    Then don't do them. If you can't handle 45 dailies per week, then just don't. If you are worried about your guild forcing you, just say "Drat, got a bag of gold again." Not that I think anyone will actually ask you. And you should end up with a stockpile of coins at the start anyway; I think I have over 500 of the lesser coins at this point. So you can taper off your daily questing if you want to.

In fact, I did just that. For the first week or more I was doing EVERY daily quest. But I talked myself into slowing and not worrying about it so much. I'll get exalted with everything soon enough, I still have way more Lesser Charms than i need. So if I miss some dailies some day, no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've a feeling subsequent patches will introduce more ways to gather the charms; leaving you to do the dailies only you find most interesting, most fun, or most rewarding if still tied to a reputation you want to level.

5.1 already has a PTR incoming, so that does give an indication for how quick they wanna introduce more content.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

At the moment, I am sitting at roughly 360ish lesser charms...after turning in both weeks so far, not including this week. You can only max the tokens at 10 so there will be a point when you will go "hmm this boss doesn't drop anything I want at all" and you will just keep the token. The tokens for the first month or 2 will be needed but with vaults having what 6 bosses? and heart of fear having another 6, at worst you might need half those tokens? play it smart and you won't need to use the tokens on every single boss.
    Plus more gear=faster grind. I'm not even wearing any gear piece above 476 except legs and mobs die decently fast already. At say 30 dailies for 3 days you get at least 1 lesser token, that's nothing compared to a raid lasting easily a couple hours a few days a week.

Deleted
    Because I got dared...
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...yd-d4b9k05.png

Aaand edited because of GIANT picture D:

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Lol. Honestly I didn't, I just read the title and fired the rage cannons.

However, having read your post, I still don't agree with it. It takes something along the lines of 6 dailies a day (2 coins per daily) to get the 3 gold coins per week. This, combined with the pretty fucking big amount of potential dailies (farming, fishing, grinding mobs, arch etc) really invalidates your point. It's pretty much just being rewarded for playing the game. I see it as Blizzard trying to convince those who have nothing else to do when raids are dead to go back out into the world and, you know, play the game. 6 dailies a day is such a small number, especially considering how easy some of them are. For example, that anglers daily where you fish up and kill one mob, or the tillers daily where you kill one bird and cook its leg. If you really hated dailies that much, you could put together a small list of the fastest dailies and just do those. It wouldnt take more than 5 minutes.
    But that isn't what it is, What about people like me that can't log in to do dailies every single day? I still want to raid my 2-3 days a week, but now I won't have enough 'extra rolls' to keep my gear competitive. If they added a system such as buying them for JP then it would give people that can't play every single day a chance to earn these items during the times when we can put a few hours into the game.

It isn't fair that just because you can be on every single day, you get more loot from the same bosses.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2012-10-09 at 01:00 PM.

I don't know about you. but I have 4 Charms. and enough lessers for 3 weeks of more...

you don't have to do anywhere near all of them to get your full quota of charms for the week, and you can stockpile them. Since you cap at 10 Charms..... once your fully geared you'll just save up some for the next raid teir whenever you have time to kill. and i've already got 3 bosses who drop nothing for me on normal, one never did and got the loot off the other 2 first week... (great luck i know) but by no means will you have to "do these dailys 'forever'"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    'you barely noticed you were even doing it'

Yeah, that sounds like an utterly awful design to me. Choosing how to progress your character = good. Just getting all rewards for doing the same content every single week = boring. 'Barely noticing' the rewards you're getting... You can't really be working for that, can you? It's just falling into your lap. 'Well I'm here for loot and VP, oh and look here's some reputation too, cool I guess'

With MoP, I can either run heroics to get gear, or do dailies for elder charms/VP/gold, or do scenarios for VP/gear, or farm spirits of harmony to craft gear/get gold... There's options. It's not all just grinding 7 random dungeons per week for everything.
    Are you nuts? thats amazing. It's perfect synergy and perfectly rewarding for people. Why do you want to do stupid painful rep grinds? I mean as it stands now you don't have choice how you progress your character. If you don't raid you run dailies and at some point pray you'll get to spend your vp in like 2 months. I don't see how running dungeons is any more or less work than running dailies, in fact it isn't. It's the same fucking thing. The only difference is that the process for grinding those reps is the least painful in dungeons because it's something you would already be doing anyway. Now you kinda have to go out of your way to do this bs and dungeons themselves are simply less rewarding. Their aren't options man. I know you want to follow the party line but their simply isn't. If they put a tabard in the game then we get options. As it stands now VP is WORTHLESS without running dailies. The choice ends the minute I have every piece of gear I need from the heroic dungeon. Actually it really ends before that. Now I only need like specific bosses from specific dungeons so the "choice" i have is to que for those dudes then leave. JP is worthless and VP is likewise without doing the dailies.Then the choice becomes log on once a week for lfr assuming I can get a group that will kill it. We went from raid or die in cata to dailies or die.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 12:59 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    I think they didn't. Infact I can think they can go even more extreme and I would be happier when I get to the end.
    I don't feel any accomplishment by doing the same thing every day, just for 2 months and then achieving something.
    I would feel accomplishment when I did something challenging and in the end won something by beating the challenge.

There is a difference there; I hope you see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as an attempt to cast a line, as it were. It is practically impossible to FORCE people to stay in the world unless they want too. I see the 6 dailies a day thing as trying to hook players into just randomly playing. Look at it this way, you are off smashing GL dailies in Vale, you see an arch spot near by, you go hit the arch spot for shits, and you end up just fucking doing arch for 3 hours. Sure, it wont work for everyone, hell, it might barely work for anyone, but it is blizzard trying something new in design choice, and new direction in design choice is seriously what we needed after Cata.

(Also, you can do Tillers, anglers and cloud serpents off the bat, not just Klax and GL. Although those 3 arnt really raid required. Just saying, the choice for variety in coin obtaining is there.)

That said, I think a good way of aleviating this problem without removing the coin system all together would be to do something along the lines of giving 2 coins per random heroic boss kill, or something of the like. Basically just add more ways to get the bloody things.
    It's not impossible, you just have to come up with a better system to get people out there and keep them there. Dailies are a terrible idea for doing that because by their very nature they are job like. You do them every day when you log in just like you get up and go to work every day. Morning sam. Morning Ralph. THen you come back home to org. And afk in org.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 12:59 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's a terrible design and I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks dailies are awesome or something. The rep grind in cataclysm was so pain free because it just synergized with dungeon gearing and you barely noticed you were even doing it. This rep grind is basically fire lands but on crack.
    i think that blizzard stated that the reason why they changed it was because they didnt want people just chucking on a shirt and earning rep, they wanted us to feel more involved with the factions (dont quote me on that tho) hence having to do dailys to earn the rep

Deleted
    It's a terrible design and I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks dailies are awesome or something. The rep grind in cataclysm was so pain free because it just synergized with dungeon gearing and you barely noticed you were even doing it. This rep grind is basically fire lands but on crack.
    Cataclysm was hardly pain free, being "forced" to farm up rep with all the factions asap after hitting 85 by mindlessly farming dungeons over and over, I would say that's far more painful than just spending and hour or two doing a couple of dailies per day. But we have already had this conversation, haven't we? =)

Look it doesn't take that long to get the rep, you only need revered with pretty much all factions, exalted only has vanity stuff. I even got revered with golden lotus today, which is two weeks after the release. That is hardly weeks and weeks of farming. It also didn't take that much time at all if you only look at the time it took to do the golden lotus daily quests.

If you really, really don't want to do it you got LFR coming up tomorrow.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 02:58 PM ----------

It's not impossible, you just have to come up with a better system to get people out there and keep them there. Dailies are a terrible idea for doing that because by their very nature they are job like. You do them every day when you log in just like you get up and go to work every day.
    And farming dungeons over and over to hit exalted asap doesn't feel like a job at all? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    But that isn't what it is, What about people like me that can't log in to do dailies every single day? I still want to raid my 2-3 days a week, but now I won't have enough 'extra rolls' to keep my gear competitive. If they added a system such as buying them for JP then it would give people that can't play every single day a chance to earn these items during the times when we can put a few hours into the game.
    Then just bloody lie when your GM asks you how your extra roll went. It takes such in infintesmal amount of time to do 6 dailies a day, and if you miss 4 days of those 6, just spend a day doing all the dailies. It is an issue of commitment, you dont HAVE to get the golden coins each week, but if you want an extra shot at getting more loot, its available too you. I don't think it would be likely that guild leaders would start tracking members and ensuring they are getting their coins per week apart from the most cutting edge of prog guilds. Even then, as a previous poster said, just say you got a bag o' gold if you cant find a small pocket of time each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I personally hated the tabards, as nice as they were, the dungeons got boring too fast in cata, the current way with dailies you spend maybe an hour for ALL the dailies and the only time its bad is during peak hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    And farming dungeons over and over to hit exalted asap doesn't feel like a job at all? =)
    No because it went right along with something I was doing naturally anyway. Farming dungeons for gear and for valor points and justice points. It was great. In fact it was to rewarding they had to change it. They went a tad bit overboard and I don't see why they couldn't still give you rep in dungeons with a cap but they've basically said that's not going to happen and we should just learn to live with the status quo. PLAYING IT MY WAY WITH CHOICE IN MOP!

Like I don't see why were in favor of them destroying a system that had such great synergy and was so richly rewarding to the players. I see why Blizzard want's to do it makes total sense to me. I don't see why the players go along with it though.
    The hammer comes down:

Then just bloody lie when your GM asks you how your extra roll went. It takes such in infintesmal amount of time to do 6 dailies a day, and if you miss 4 days of those 6, just spend a day doing all the dailies. It is an issue of commitment, you dont HAVE to get the golden coins each week, but if you want an extra shot at getting more loot, its available too you. I don't think it would be likely that guild leaders would start tracking members and ensuring they are getting their coins per week apart from the most cutting edge of prog guilds. Even then, as a previous poster said, just say you got a bag o' gold if you cant find a small pocket of time each day.
    Plus most cutting edge prog guilds would have members willing to do them even if they feel forced. Most spend alot of the beginning leveling alts just for raiding so they know and are probably used to the grinds. Imagine leveling 85-90 on say just 3 toons and then add on gearing all 3 up enough to push for raid progression and all that within the first week or 2.

Deleted
    But why dailies? Why one of the most universally hated activities, with no alternatives? I don't mind doing work. I'd tank a bunch of instances every week to get them. Seems like a much better situation than my doing some mindless, annoying dailies and making that process even more irritating for the people who are doing it for actual reputation. Like I said, a lot of competitive guilds are going to require that their members use their quota of tokens. For others, the opportunity cost of not doing it is so big that the incentive is killed. Anybody would enjoy their job less if they suddenly took a -20% pay cut. The same principle applies here. Dailies are a soulcrushing exercise in tedium and frustration, especially with the way they're currently designed to make the presence of other players hinders your own progress (good job taking zero lessons from more modern games, Blizzard).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilan89 View Post
    Plus most cutting edge prog guilds would have members willing to do them even if they feel forced. Most spend alot of the beginning leveling alts just for raiding so they know and are probably used to the grinds. Imagine leveling 85-90 on say just 3 toons and then add on gearing all 3 up enough to push for raid progression and all that within the first week or 2.
    Exactly. I OT for a decent enough guild (4/6), and I feel the collection of coins is a matter of prime character progression. I know I cant speak for anyone but myself, but the feeling of building onto your main, making them stronger, is to me extremely rewarding and is one of the main reasons I play WoW outside of raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    They've done so much creative work this expansion. So many progressive things and added so much diversity to the game. But dailies tied to rep gain and valor gear sticks out like an sore thumb. It is such an old and regressive design. It shows such a fundamental lack of creativity on their part and it's not even successful at keeping people out in the world. They just go back to org and afk because the other content (re DUNGEONS) isn't as rewarding. Seriously when LFR comes out I'll only be doing two things unless I find a decent raid pug. That's lfr and whatever dailies I have left. Then when im revered or exalted if I can stomach that much daily bs I won't even need to do dailies anymore. Just once a week for lfr. No need to run dungeons anymore they suck.
    The hammer comes down:

I thought blizzard wanted players to have a choice how to play this game?
    it all seems about dailies now; great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I feel like I'm facing a future of perpetual daily quest grinds. Yeah, you can opt not to do it, but everything is dependent on the damned things. It's bad enough getting to revered/exalted with a bunch of them when dailies are the only way to gain rep, it'll take weeks and weeks, but it seems I'll have to keep doing them forever if I want fortune charms.

Who will ever want to be a raider without getting the most out of it? To most players, raiding without their weekly quota of charms is out of the question. It certainly would taint the incentive for me, knowing I'm missing out on probably several raid drops per month just because I'm not grinding freakin' dailies. I expect most guilds will require that their members keep topped up on charms -- why bring a member who isn't getting the most out of the raid if you could bring someone who gets the extra upgrades and thus improves progression? You wouldn't bring someone who doesn't enchant his gear.

The problem is that these dailies are terrible. It's not only a grind, it's an exercise in frustration to try and do the same quest as fifty other players. It's a mob-tagging, ninja-clicking competition. I don't know how I'd be able to do that forever with no end in sight, every day, just so I don't miss out on gear upgrades from an entirely unrelated part of the game.

I think we'll need alternative ways to get these charms. They should be obtainable with VP and/or CP. I don't feel like I should have to do 45 dailies a week every week for the rest of the time I play WoW. It's just as reasonable to expect people to do dungeons or PvP -- those activities are certainly no less related to the act of raiding, and I expect most players would be a little more enthusiastic about those things than dailies. Whatever the case, I feel like alternatives will be necessary. I certainly will not be doing 45 dailies every week - and more if I want to raid with alts as well - forever. The "for as long as I play WoW" part might just get cut very short if that's how it has to be.
    So you have to do 45 dailies to get your week's quota? That's what 2 days worth of Golden Lotus + Klaxxi, maybe 90 mins total time spent per week? If you want the extra perks then put in the time for them. Don't expect everything to be handed on a silver platter.