Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the alternative is to not do it. chances are you're not good enough for it to really matter. 90% of people won't benefit if they minmax because they are the weakest link so worrying about maximizing raid gear is a waste of time.
    To be fair, a lot of people really enjoy min/maxing. Even if the actual effectiveness is negligible, they still enjoy the aspect of "being all they can be". So when they hit a roadblock to being all they can be, they will react with passion (and there is no shortage of passion for WoW....which is a good sign that the game is still cared about by a lot of people).

Deleted
    I already hate those dailies :/

They should let you do something with the excess charms. I have enough on my main character to stop doing dailies for a month and still complete that weekly quest. I'm going to have to start deleting them soon as I run out of bag space.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Same old story. Last expansion people complained there wasnt enough to do and everyone sat in SW and Org. Now they are bitching there is too much to do and they have to be out in the world...
    That's really not the issue. The problem is that progress is throttled, and if you happen to miss/skip a day of progress, you will never be able to get it back. Being required to do daily quests for items other than vanity pieces is bad game design, leave the mounts/titles/pets for the grinds and leave the gear/recipes and stuff places that are obtainable without making the game a part time job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

That's really not the issue. The problem is that progress is throttled, and if you happen to miss/skip a day of progress, you will never be able to get it back. Being required to do daily quests for items other than vanity pieces is bad game design, leave the mounts/titles/pets for the grinds and leave the gear/recipes and stuff places that are obtainable without making the game a part time job.
    OHHHHHHHH THATS A BINGO. Colonel Hans Landa would approve. I think we all agree that progress has to be throttled some extent, I just don't think it has to be this much or in this fashion.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 05:11 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

This change is the best thing ever. All i see if wrath babies and cata babies QQ, they just want their free epics and be afk in SW again.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Suggesting we make the dumb tokens purchasable for VPs... like, a lot of VPs.

Like, 1000 VPs for 3 Gold Tokens.... so basically people who don't need VPs cause they actually have raid gear have something to use their VPs on, getting more rolls at heroic raid gear.

Obviously open to suggestions, but the current implementation is retarded, since eventually I will no longer need to do dailies for reputation, but will be forced to keep doing them for more raiding tokens, especially when a new content patch hits (assuming content patches will have raids, a thing that was missing from their 5.1 preview).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    This change is the best thing ever. All i see if wrath babies and cata babies QQ, they just want their free epics and be afk in SW again.
    As opposed to now where i finish my 10 minutes worth of dailies and then afk in org and stormwing anyway
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Say I want elder charms. What are my options?
    Dunno why this is so hard. You want elder charms, do dailies. You want raid gear, go raid. You want arena gear, go arena. How hard is it to do something specific if you want something specific?

well... i got 6 elder charms waiting in my currency tab, and 300 lesser charms sittign in my bag.. if i wanted i could stop doing dailys for 3 weeks, and still get my elder charms, since you can only obtain 3 elder charms a week. and i don't even do the tillers dailys, and still not at the shado-pan and augustial celestrials or whatever they are called.

but i agree, the daily grind is a bit too much.
    20 minutes on order of the cloud serpent
    10 minutes on the angelers
    20-30 on klaxxi
    30-40 on golden lotus

thats 1½+ hour a day grinding non stop, + travel time, smoke break, other IRL stuff that i need to take care of, in the end i can maybe do dailys and a hc dungeon or 2, and thats it.

but then again, the charms doesn't give you werry good gear in raids, or atleast have a werry small chance of providing raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They should let you do something with the excess charms. I have enough on my main character to stop doing dailies for a month and still complete that weekly quest. I'm going to have to start deleting them soon as I run out of bag space.
    I would love to see being able to purchase items that increase your reputation with a faction using the excess charms, oh and make them BoA (!!). And why would they make Charm of Good Fortune be a currency, but the Lesser Charm of Good Fortune not? That's just dumb. At least they stack to 180 now, but even so, I still have four bag slots being taken up already. It'll only get worse when I unlock August Celestials and Shado-Pan, and I'm not even doing Cloud Serpent at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    The expansion has been out for two weeks. Assuming at least two days to get to 90 (which is optimistic), you've had at most 12 days to do daily quests. At 2 charms per quest and 6 coins (540 charms) plus 516 loose charms, you claim to have obtained roughly 525 daily quests worth of charms. That's over 40 daily quests per day. There's only a total of 48 daily quests in MoP, many of which require various reputation levels to unlock, so you didn't even have 40 daily quests available from the start. That's a best-case scenario. I don't need to express my skepticism any further.

Why do I not want to do this? Because at a generous estimate of 5 minutes per quest (in reality it's often much more on a high-pop server) and 45 quests per week, that's 3.75 hours per week. In reality it's more like 5 hours a week, potentially more depending on what time of day you play -- if you try to do dailies at 6pm on Draenor, there's usually fifty to a hundred players at each quest spot. Playing approximately 3 hours per day, these daily quests take up something similar to 25% of my time, and I think I play enough to qualify as a fairly active player. Since I can't do them on the days I raid, it's actually more like 40% of my unscheduled time. And that's just the minimum to get my elder charms which, as I've previously explained, are not really optional for a competitive raider (unless you also consider things like flasks, gems and enchants optional). Can you see why I'd like alternative ways to accomplish this?

With JP being largely useless, this seems like an excellent alternate source of charms. It'll put many more tanks and healers back into dungeon queues, which is just good for everyone. Blizzard missed a golden opportunity to fix a problem there. It'd also take some stress off of the overcrowded daily quest areas, which is sorely needed.
    You doubt my word? Fine, I will have to prove it then:

You don't want to do the dailies? Fine, but don't come to me complaining you don't have enough charms for the elder coins, they are bonus rewards for those who do have the time.

Edit: took away a couple of names from the first screen shot.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-10-09 at 05:42 PM.

well, i have 6 elder charms, and 536 lesser ones (could have more, but im already exalted with cloud serpent, so i dont do their dialies anymore), means i could have about 15 elder charms. not bad after 2 weeks of expansion.

I have something to the effect of 700 charms in my bags. So I'm pretty sure I could skip a week or two of dailies and be alright.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    well, i have 6 elder charms, and 536 lesser ones (could have more, but im already exalted with cloud serpent, so i dont do their dialies anymore), means i could have about 15 elder charms. not bad after 2 weeks of expansion.
    Indeed, there are apparently some however who doesn't think that's possible...

And no noselacri, I cannot understand why you would want another option to get the charms... It's an optional bonus reward for those with the time... And you knew what you got yourself into when you chose a high/full populated realm didn't you?

I just reallized, that I enjoy doing the dishes more than doing Golden Lotus dailies. That makes a quality game.

On the bright side, when a boss is not dropping anything relevant for you, you don't need to spend a charm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Or make scenarios give rep. Lot's of ways to go about it but apparently dungeons are just fine and rewarding now.

I mean theirs a theoretical maximum rep you can get with each faction every day. Those dailies only go once a day right. So you figure how much that is, the sum total of all the daily quests you can do in one day for that faction and then set that number as the rep you can farm inside the dungeon with that tabard. I expect my pay cheque in the mail Blizzard.
    The problem with having max rep per day is that it kills things like egg farming for Netherwing and Cloud Serpents, rep for killing creatures (like for Black Prince rep), and the hiddenish dailies that are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Lol. Honestly I didn't, I just read the title and fired the rage cannons.
    I think I may have just found my new quote haha!

I understand some of the point people are trying to make about the dailies, however, the main point behind removing the cap and adding in tons of dailies, was to add variety. It was not put there to try and increase the work load of players. For one, it is to allow someone with only a day or two to play, the same availability of things, as someone that could do a few per day. You don't have to do every single quest every single day.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2012-10-09 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehBlkMage View Post
    The problem with having max rep per day is that it kills things like egg farming for Netherwing and Cloud Serpents, rep for killing creatures (like for Black Prince rep), and the hiddenish dailies that are available.
    How? Your not making EVERY faction have a max rep gain only the ones with tabards. Don't give cloud serpents a tabard then. They don't have any gear so I could really give a fuck less.
    The hammer comes down:

Completely optional suggests that choosing not to do it will grant you equal benefit or choosing to do something else will grant you the same benefit. This is clearly not the case. You guys are getting hung up on the fact that people think they need this gear. Obviously they don't. nobody needs anything in warcraft. However if the options aren't equal and one grants more reward than the other then it's clearly not a choice. I mean think about how crazy that is. Who the fuck would PURPOSELY slow themselves down and purposely refuse to take an avenue that's been made available to them? Of course they feel forced the other choices suck balls.
    Well, I was specifically referring to the token of good fortune with that statement. It's not required, but yeah people will go get it. Have you argued that there need to be alternate ways to get herbs for potions and food for cooking back in BC and Wrath? Because the token of good fortune is basically the replacement for having to grind mats for raid boosts.

First of all that just goes to the argument that really nobody likes daily content or at least very few people do. The only reason they do it is because theirs a reward for it and a pretty good one so that they all just feel like they have to. I mean let's say dungeons granted you faster rep but dailies still granted you the rep they give you now. YOU COULD STILL RUN DAILIES WHAT HAPPENED GUYS? no of course you would all flock to the fucking dungoens or at least the vast majority of you would. Being forced to do something isn't about having literally no other options, it's about having no other options that are as good an as rewarding.

Second of all okay make it all even then. I'm not sure how you think dungeons in general require less effort, their both pretty much the same so let's just make the gain you could get with a tabard equal to what you'd get out doing dailes. And then see how many people still do dailies.
    The same can be said about PvP. People claim it's fun and the fact that it's more challenging than PvE due to unpredictable factors, but they want to zerg AV for efficient grinding rather than engage in PvP.

Which in my opinion goes back to the source. People think they should be able to quickly and efficiently complete what they want and have no restrictions to whatever they want. I blame Blizzard over the years for allowing this mentality to seep into the genre, but it's also what got them to 12 million players at one point. Genie's out of the bottle and the genre is going to suffer for it.

If you took the MoP model and put it in Classic or BC, players would see it as they will take longer to get there, but they'll get there eventually. Now some will complain it's slow and inefficient. :/
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-09 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    I think I may have just found my new quote haha!

I understand some of the point people are trying to make about the dailies, however, the main point behind removing the cap and adding in tons of dailies, was to add variety. It was not put there to try and increase the work load of players. For one, it is to allow someone with only a day or two to play, the same availability of things, as someone that could do a few per day. You don't have to do every single quest every single day. Then of course, Blizzard also doesn't want you jumping to defeat Bowser on hard mode during week 1, they want you to work through all the various things to get more capable and get there.
    Sadly while that may have been their intent it didn't work. I still do the same thing I did in cataclysm, only now instead of grinding a dungeon I spend that same 30 minutes doing the same thing everday and going afk in storm/org.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, I was specifically referring to the token of good fortune with that statement. It's not required, but yeah people will go get it. Have you argued that there need to be alternate ways to get herbs for potions and food for cooking back in BC and Wrath? Because the token of good fortune is basically the replacement for having to grind mats for raid boosts.
    Cooking is balls anyway so I don't really care. Herbs are a different matter entirely. That's a primary profession or alchemy is and potions and such may very well have to much benefit. I recall them moving away from thjings like that as well, mandatory or required raid consumables.
    The hammer comes down: