Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Wait what? you missed the point. The dungeon system was changed so that you could do all 7 whenever you wanted. 7 a week. They reversed that change. Go look at it now. It's back to you may receive this reward once a day. Now if their going to make dailies go to a similar 7 a day system but for rep then why the hell did they make the change to the dungeon daily? Furthermore with that system your encouraging people to put off doing their dailies till the last day. And then just soak it all in one shot. Meaning they aren't out in the world as often. That's the problem with dailies they aren't very flexible and attempting to give them flexibility just gives the whole thing more holes in it.

It's such a fucking ridiculous system. Before I would afk in org because i was bored. Now I afk in org because I'm bored because the two groups of dailies I can do that potentially will lead me to progression are finished. Christ the dungeon grind lasted longer than this and it wasn't as transparent. This is sooo fucking obvious. Everything else is genuinely optional, even talents. They could have say given pvp players an honor weapon but they KNOW what will happen. Soooooo why do daily quests have such a good reward? IT'S SOOOOOO OBVIOUS.... and it's so transparent.
    Hold on...

Shado Pan, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus all lead to valor point gear and all combined they take more than 30 minutes, so I can't see you sitting in Org after 30 minutes with nothing to do.

And by my calculations, IF you're correct then you're saying 30 minutes of dailies followed by 13 random heroics a day is bad, but endless heroics a day is good.

Golden lotus, which has two other factions locked behind it, starts at 90.
    Order of the cloud serpent starts at 90/.
    August celestials/shadow pan starts after golden lotus is at revered (gl starts at 90)

One can get some rep for shadow pan while leveling... but it isn't much.

As a raid leader I honestly wouldn't care if someone wasn't using charms, just like I wouldn't hold it against them for not spamming LFR for Sigil's once they no longer need the gear drops. Sure they aren't bringing their 100% absolute best in a sense, but I wouldn't tell a warlock to go retrain out of mining either. Unless you are in an unreasonably min-max or very hardcore guild you have to appreciate that people only have so much time on their hands.

Aside from that 3 CHANCES per week at random loot isn't really game breaking. I've used 5 charms so far and gotten nothing but a little gold for my trouble, and even if I did get something there is a decent chance it would be a duplicate of loot I already have.

Also, you can effectively buy up to 10 lesser charms per day with the tiller friendship cooking dailies, at least until you max those reps (22 hand ins if you don't get any rep by other means). Expensive certainly, but if you want the free roll without the effort there it is.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Golden lotus, which has two other factions locked behind it, starts at 90.
    This is just another example of artificial gating, which only serves to prolong their 'content'. I know they have *some* good intentions over there, but a system like this is only to prevent you from finishing it as quickly as possible.

That may be fine in other games, but we all know they have failed to deliver actual content in a timely manner so it really is just a road block. I'm not sure why people marvel like this game is the 9th Wonder of the World.

"Oh wow, look at all the dailies I get to do. Oh man, when I finally max out Golden Lotus I get two more sets of dailies I get to do. And each one of these has one piece of gear I get at exalted, that is awesome! I can totally gear out my character over the next year from questing every day for 3 hours at a time like I'm leveling all over again. This is revolutionary!"

There are 300ish daily quests. You have to do about 6 of them every day. That is NOT a grind.

But the big thing is, if you were a normal player, you would have done a ton of them the first two weeks, which means you would be far ahead on your coins. Most players can take a break from dailies for a few weeks ALREADY. The other important thing.. in a few weeks, our gear will be much better, which will make those 6 dailies like cutting through butter.

really? 6 quests a day? too much?? You are obviously a new player and don´t remember Vanilla where you had to farm mats for 10 hours a week just to make pots to raid... but but.. 6 pots per day.. it is soooo much..

it is artificial yeah and it sucks. This is their way of solving the "lack of content" issue or the "i have nothing to do" issue.
    Just make everything last longer... and by everything, i mean everything. Even killing a mob takes more time.

So doctor i have pain in my left arm, can you help me?
    Sure, says the doctor and he picks up something and smashes it on the right arm of the patient.
    Doctor, my right arm is hurting like hell.
    Doctor says: but you aren't thinking of your left arm anymore, is it?

And there are people here on mmo who defend this?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    There are 300ish daily quests. You have to do about 6 of them every day. That is NOT a grind.
    Okay, maybe I am not doing it right then.
    I am working on Klaxxi and golden lotus.
    Are you saying I will do about 6 dailies every day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Hold on...

Shado Pan, Klaxxi, Golden Lotus all lead to valor point gear and all combined they take more than 30 minutes, so I can't see you sitting in Org after 30 minutes with nothing to do.

And by my calculations, IF you're correct then you're saying 30 minutes of dailies followed by 13 random heroics a day is bad, but endless heroics a day is good.
    Except I can't do shado pan or celestial until I'm REVERED with lotus. So for now I'm stuck doing Klaxxi and lotus which takes all 30 minutes. Hell even if I had shado pan and celestials it would take me what an hour? Okay that's still only an hour.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that the current system of getting people out in the world is poor because not only is it tied to the liimt that you can only do the dailies ONCE a day but also because it's far to task oriented. I get out into the world but I may as well be instanced because I make a beeline for that quest area and then that's it I'm done. Is it better than being in org for que? Sure. Is it a real solution to keeping people in the world? No not really. Eventually they'll be exalted with those factions and furthermore people aren't really paying attention to the world or stopping to smell the roses. They just go and kill what they need to. Asap.

What I don't get and what bugs me the most about this whole thing is why can't dungeons be more rewarding? What is the problem with dungeons being rewarding? I just don't get it Blizzard. You took all the reward from dungeons and threw it to dailies because dungeons were to rewarding. But now you've made dailies to rewarding. Is it because dailies have an artificial limit?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-10 at 11:49 PM.

I think the daily quests would be fine if they were supplemental to the actual story line. Something about showing up for 30 minutes, killing a few mobs and then flying back to town doesn't really seem all that engaging in terms of a conflict.

"Sorry the mantids are banging on the door, I've done my quests for today, see you all tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Kilan89 View Post
    I personally hated the tabards, as nice as they were, the dungeons got boring too fast in cata, the current way with dailies you spend maybe an hour for ALL the dailies and the only time its bad is during peak hours.
    I am only asking for a choice in how to get my rep... cap rep earned per week but let people get it however they want.. grinding dailies, putting on a tabard and running dungeons. whatever. give us a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aim View Post
    To a certain extent, I agree. And you know what? I much prefer those first couple of weeks of Cataclysm 5 mans that were enteraining than I do these 15 minute mindless AOE fest ones they have now. I actually really liked the Cataclysm 5 mans before all the forum dwelling goblin low lives whinged non-stop, so incessantly that they nerfed them.[COLOR="red"]
    Yea I didn't think they were very hard either but what are you gonna do. I much prefer the "challenge" of cataclysm to the "challenge" of mists. The virtual sweat of my brow not withstanding. What are you gonna do right? Unsub I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    A
    2) Improve currency rewards for dungeoning, even if slightly.
    I could stomach dailies if this happened and it was a moderate improvement. Not just slightly.