Deleted

Maximizing your dps on Elegon?

Hello warlocks,

I felt terrible on this fight yesterday. We got the boss, but my dps was awful.

How you are doing on this fight in terms of DPS? I am playing affliction and only the big adds are giving me shards upon dead. The sparks, that the boss is spawning (the one you kill for dmg increase) are not giving shards. The pillars are not giving shards too. It is really hard do multi-dot the 3 pillars and to instantly apply the dots each time on the sparks, so you can get them down ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

I am hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnmlstc View Post
    Hello warlocks,

I felt terrible on this fight yesterday. We got the boss, but my dps was awful.

How you are doing on this fight in terms of DPS? I am playing affliction and only the big adds are giving me shards upon dead. The sparks, that the boss is spawning (the one you kill for dmg increase) are not giving shards. The pillars are not giving shards too. It is really hard do multi-dot the 3 pillars and to instantly apply the dots each time on the sparks, so you can get them down ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

I am hit capped.
    on my best attempts i was pushing about 100k dps. 466 i level with an alchemy trinket.

really have to maximize using MG during haunt debuff on Elegon. especially as the fight goes on this will be your damage money-maker. SBSS the celestial protector, my guild is lazy so i have to do quite a bit of damage to him. i usually haunt him once. right before he dies sbss the boss, then drain soul the add to regain ss. then haunt the boss and MG. keep damaging the boss in between phases (except when he's immune). your not ganna have great damage on the ghost adds unless you a)save your soul shards for them, or b) have the perfectly grouped up so you can actually aoe. regain ss from adds. if you can spam haunt on boss and regain more ss thats a dps increase (im pretty sure)

last phase use all cds, including archimode's vengeance. id be curious to see your gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the operator View Post
    on my best attempts i was pushing about 100k dps. 466 i level with an alchemy trinket.

really have to maximize using MG during haunt debuff on Elegon. especially as the fight goes on this will be your damage money-maker. SBSS the celestial protector, my guild is lazy so i have to do quite a bit of damage to him. i usually haunt him once. right before he dies sbss the boss, then drain soul the add to regain ss. then haunt the boss and MG. keep damaging the boss in between phases (except when he's immune). your not ganna have great damage on the ghost adds unless you a)save your soul shards for them, or b) have the perfectly grouped up so you can actually aoe. regain ss from adds. if you can spam haunt on boss and regain more ss thats a dps increase (im pretty sure)

last phase use all cds, including archimode's vengeance. id be curious to see your gear.
    Thank you for the swift reply! I was thinking to have KJ`s cunning so I can move while channelling DS on the protector to regain shards.

//eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodfeather/Mnmlsm/simple

make sure to use archimondes vengeance when theres alot of dmg going out, and definitely for the last phase. i keep haunt up on the boss while my darksoul is active, after that i blow all haunts as they come, soulswap the add, and drain soul it right before it dies. you should have 4 shards now, now you just blow them all for huge burst(getting to the next phase during or after 2 adds is key). i usually dont have to help on orbs but if i do i just soulswap and stay on the boss, dot up all pillars on ur side and focus on 1 for mg. at around 20% i drainsoul, should start at 25% that way you should have 2-3 shards back before the pillar goes down(wont get max shards because it doesnt "die"). i dont bother aoeing the adds, i just put corruption on everything i can before the boss comes back up which should give me my 4 shards back then repeat.

the key is being on the edge of the platform so u can just dip in and out when resetting ur stacks instead of running in and out from a distance. try to keep ur dots up on elegon while doing other stuff(dont be afraid to use fel flame here as ur killing other adds etc)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Is windsong a good enchant for affliction? I thought it only procced off of direct damage and healing, and not dots n hots?
    RETH

You can DS boss between sparks if you run out of shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Is windsong a good enchant for affliction? I thought it only procced off of direct damage and healing, and not dots n hots?
    What other options I have... Jade`s spirit?

WINDSONG IS STILL BUGGED AS OF 13 HRS AGO

unless they fixed it today. i will be checking every day until they fix it or jade's spirit is available to purchase.

use power torrent until they a)fix windsong or b) jade's spirit is available

10+ Year Old Account
    The key to that fight is having a plan for every stage, how much your going to toss out on the Big adds, what spells you need to use on sparks to kill them on each individual wave. If you know that ahead of time you will be allot more efficient and thus do more damage (more boss up time helps too). I only use drain soul on the last big add before transition phases for full shards. then just use SB:SS on the first 2 sparks, haunt+ SB:SS on 3rd then roll full cd's and Haunt+SB:SS on the remaining.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by the operator View Post
    WINDSONG IS STILL BUGGED AS OF 13 HRS AGO

unless they fixed it today. i will be checking every day until they fix it or jade's spirit is available to purchase.

use power torrent until they a)fix windsong or b) jade's spirit is available
    Just curious, what is the bug with Windsong? And is it just Locks?

Two things:

1. It doesn't proc off of DoTs/HoTs. This is the 'bug' part of it, and especially for Affliction makes it useless.
    2. The other problem with it is design-related. Windsong doesn't have an ICD to limit the effect (well, it does, but it's 1s), but instead it is designed to occur at the rate of 1 PPM. PPM scales then off of Weapon Speed (and I'm not sure, but I think cast time as well). Look at Affliction - with our DD spells (Haunt/Fel Flame) approaching a 1s cast time, it has a 1/60 chance or roughly 1.7% of proccing. This explains why in a whole night, I had 291 Haunts, 105 Fel Flames, and I got 6 Windsong procs (396 total casts / 60 = 6.6). Conversely, for Rogues, it procs on all manners of dual wielding things, doesn't seem to account for Main Gauche, etc. This is also probably a bug.

I really don't understand why they don't just have a strict ICD. PPM sounds like a ton of work, and as we can see, it's has a stupid number of corner cases.