Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Osmeric, I do know what you are saying, and yes, i COULD do that. The point I am TRYING to make is that, in my opinion, because tailors and leatherworkers do not have to, that blacksmiths should NOT have to either. IF all 3 armour producing professions had the same type of requirement, then I would not complain, even though I still would not like it.

Deleted
    I've easily made a couple hundred K by selling the 450 STR pvp plate, I've bought all 8 of those and all 8 of them tank recipes plus the 2 shield ones.
    That's about 18 different pieces which I've got 2 of each on AH at all times, selling for 800-1280g pp. As I'm almost the only BS on our realm doing this it's a nice monopoly. 45K worth of just this BS gear on AH earning 5-10k per day. I've got a transmute master but I'm not really bothering with belt buckles.

Save up your Spirits of Harmony, get them recipes and learn to use the TSM(Tradeskillmaster) addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It should also be pointed out that inorder for Alchemy to make said Living Steel they are dependent on Mining in addition to their regular Herbalist.
    That's absolutely wonderful, but there is NOTHING in alchemy that requires Living Steel as a component. May as well add that they need green gems to make blue ones while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Just wait till he finds out his belt buckles are useless without a jewel crafter.
    Oh, we know that. Our 'profession bonus' requires a JC in order to make use of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Arahir View Post
    The point I am TRYING to make is that, in my opinion, because tailors and leatherworkers do not have to, that blacksmiths should NOT have to either.
    I reject this. There is no reason the professions have to be symmetrical or equivalent.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    And you and him both miss the point. For blacksmiths, they require and alchemist to to make any of their good items. Weapon chain-requires living steel, Belt buckle-requires living steel, epic gear-also a ton of living steel

Leatherworkers and tailors do not have the issue. If you want to require 1-3 profession to relay so heavily on another crafting profession you need to make it equal.

Reread my post. At no point did I call him stupid.
    No, they DO NOT require an alchemist. They REQUIRE what an alchemist can make, the Living Steel. You can farm ore, sell the ore, make money and buy the LS off the AH. This is basic economics but given that some of you seem to think 'does' is spelled 'dose' and that calling people stupid is an actual argument I understand why the transitive property of money is beyond you. So, keep bitching about it here where nothing will change. Or... use something you CAN do, make money and buy something you need, then make the items you want.

PS: Yes, I'm well aware of the LS CD, thanks. You're confusing the fact that you want things RIGHT NOW with needing them RIGHT NOW. YOu can either wait a few days and feed a friendly alch mats each day and eventually end up with what you need or you can make money, buy the mats off the AH and have it sooner. It's called choice. But then, people here are mostly too immature to recognize that simply because they want something right now doesn't mean that actually have to have it right now. The term for this is 'delayed gratification.' Some of you might want to familiarize yourselves with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Can you even read?
    Alt char with alchemy is NOT THE SOLUTION

Tailors, Leatherworkers can gather all thier mats and make their own crafting gear including epic quality.
    Blacksmithers can't make living steel which is required by everything.
    JC's can mine nodes = free mats to cut gems(no metas but can make alot of profit from gems)
    Alch can gather herbs = free mats
    and so on.

Balance? I don't see it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 04:03 PM ----------

That's another problem.
    Low pop
    15% alliance 85% Horde
    I'm from Alliance...AH is completly dead.

But still, this is a proffession issue.
    no its a server issue. the proffesion it self is fine. so you need someone to help you out. so what its a MMO. if you want to do everyting your self. go play a sp game.

and if your o a low pop server. with a unbalance faction reroll server. it wil improve your gameplay alot.

so i just registered to call the OP a flaming < >.
    I bet you're like 13.
    I've made upwards of 200k from blacksmithing since my main hit 90. (It hit 90 as soon as PVP/Raids were open)
    all i see is "qq living steel" < > shut up. I bought 10x living steel for 10k as soon as i hit 90 and sold
    EVERY, LAST, BUCKLE, I made from that shit, for 2.5k each.
    Do the math < >, thats a flip and a half.
    Also get your lazy ass out of stormwind and go do klaxxi dailies nerd. You only need what? Honored? To get
    all the BS recipes.
    Smfh.
    You're < >.
    Sell the Masterwork Spiritblade Decapitators for 15k each.
    (It costs 400g + 5 SoH's to make)
    QQ CANT KILL MOBS TO GET DEM MOTES
    you can grow that shit, like out of the ground and stuff, < >.
    Tl;dr
    You're experiencing l2p issues and i feel bad for you son
    i got 99 problems and being a rich blacksmith isnt one

/flys away on my sexy ass onyx panther that I got from BS profits

Deleted
    I think BS is awesome. You get 2 extra sockets and yeah the items you need 2 craft are a bit stupid but still those 2 sockets are a huge boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    I think BS is awesome. You get 2 extra sockets and yeah the items you need 2 craft are a bit stupid but still those 2 sockets are a huge boost.
    Especially in PvP, where you can put in PvP Power gems. What other profession gives a PvP stat boost?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You can't win this arguement OP. The morons on MMO champ don't see a problem so there isn't one.
    you get responses like:
    "Level an alchemist"
    "Fine... don't level an alchemist, just make money and buy of AH."
    "Oh, you are on a low-pop server on the low-pop faction? Well that's why they have server changes and faction changes."
    These folks cannot see anything wrong Blizzard does - because Blizzard can do no wrong.
    But the honest truth here after years of playing wow, this will not change - so the thread is sadly nothing more than a complaining thread. Of all the nerfs and buffs and changes I've seen Blizzard make - I've never seen them change mats required in a situation like this. It's like written in stone - sealed with ghostcrawlers own piss.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    You can't win this arguement OP. The morons on MMO champ don't see a problem so there isn't one.
    you get responses like:
    "Level an alchemist"
    "Oh, you are on a low-pop server on the low-pop faction? Well that's why they have server changes and faction changes."
    These folks cannot see anything wrong Blizzard does - because Blizzard can do no wrong.
    But the honest truth here after years of playing wow, this will not change - so the thread is sadly nothing more than a complaining thread. Of all the nerfs and buffs and changes I've seen Blizzard make - I've never seen them change mats required in a situation like this. It's like written in stone - sealed with ghostcrawlers own piss.
    Lol, i do believe you just maxed out the level of complaining allowed per thread here.

15+ Year Old Account
    How dare Blizzard use profession synergy! This is clearly the first time in the history of the time game they've ever used such a mind blowing system and it's destroying the economy and affecting my religious beliefs!

I feel like some people just don't understand economics... Currently it requires a Living Steel(s) to craft certain Blacksmith items. This is based on an alchemist cooldown so they might be a bit rare. That makes them worth more, but as a direct result, it also makes what BSs craft more rare as well. If belt buckles, for example, aren't selling well, or just aren't selling for enough profit, then buying Living Steel and making them is a waste of money and time. If people don't make belt buckles because there's no profit, then Living Steels don't get bought and eventually their prices are driven down. Eventually an equilibrium is met and belt buckles are profitable again. Getting rid of the alchemist transmute, or providing one to blacksmiths wouldn't solve anything, it would just decrease the value of Living Steel, which would decrease the value of the belt buckle.

Basically, there is no point in worrying about where you get your mats from. If we could all just go around making unlimited Living Steels, there would be no value whatsoever in belt buckles - they'd be worth barely more than the ghost iron required. If the alchemist transmute is too much for you, don't buy it and don't make belt buckles. I, however, will continue to make belt buckles and continue to make profit. I mean, really, Living Steel is only selling well because they make us money in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking at my transmutes and I cant find the one that lets me make living steel without a miner or transmute gems without a jeweler. Its almost as if the trade skills are intended to be interdependent.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Blacksmithing has been dependent on alchemists from day one... you thought Arcanite was mined? Professions tying into other professions makes a strong economy, not to mention it adds flavour to things. I liked a sword taking hides, essences, mined metals and enchanted metals to craft. It gave it meaning and intrinsic value. I don't see why people have a problem with this. You're making a stink about a belt buckle; treat it as an expensive enchant, not something you put on a blue item you will throw out as soon as your rep hits revered with klaxxi

Deleted
    i agree with Constellation!

The road to self sufficiency ends with having at least one of every profession... this is by design. Playing more alts equals paying for your account longer equals increased profits for Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    you get responses like:
    "Level an alchemist"
    thx for calling me a moron. i hope you enjoy your infraction. ooh and i see if blizzard does someting wrong. but there not doing anyting wrong with bs.

have a nice day.

signed by a mmo champ moron.
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-10-23 at 08:16 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I reject this. There is no reason the professions have to be symmetrical or equivalent.
    No, they should not be absolutely symmetrical, but they should be close. Maybe have Alchemists do a transmute of Windwool into imperial silk, and the leather too.

and no, BS does not have to equivalent to JC or Enchanting, but it should be equivalent to Tailor and LW.
    Last edited by Arahir; 2012-10-24 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahir View Post
    No, they should not be absolutely symmetrical, but they should be close.
    Great. So when do Alchemists get to craft gear to sell? Or should they only be close to symmetrical when it comes to stuff you dont get?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-