Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Alchemy is dependant on herbalism
    Leatherworking is dependant on skinning
    Blacksmithing is dependant on mining/alchemy
    Jewelcrafting is dependant on mining
    Engineering is dependant on mining

Get over it and roll an alchemist, it really isnt that hard.
    Wow, cant even have a typo in my post and you guys just flame me...

Of course I know Leatherworkers cant get skin of mobs without skinning. DUH.
    It was just a typo.

The point is like you said

Leatherworking is dependant on skinning
    Blacksmithing is dependant on mining/alchemy
    Jewelcrafting is dependant on mining
    Engineering is dependant on mining

Can you see it now?

You guys are mistaking gathering proffesions with crafting ones.

That's what i'm trying to say...

ALCHEMISTS need HERBALISM to be mostly self-sufficient at max skill
    LEATHERWORKERS need SKINNING to be self-sufficient at max skill
    ENGINEERS need MINNING to be mostly self-sufficient at max skill
    JEWELCRAFTERS need MINNING to be mostly self-sufficient at max skill
    TAILORS need NOTHING(kill humanoids for cloth) to be self-sufficient at max skill
    BLACKSMITHERS need MINNING to level up to 600, but once there we need ALCHEMISTS or we cannot craft belt buckle / epic gear.

I think it's not that hard to get it...and see that there is a problem with BS.

Comments like "get a alt with alch" "buy off AH" are complete useless
    Last edited by Patife17; 2012-10-09 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HalseyUS View Post
    The last bit, I don't know if you're new to the game but thats called skinning
    It was a typo. I've played since Vanilla I'm not stupid...
    Of course you need a Gathering proffession to support your Crafting proffession...that's logic.
    The point is...Blacksmith needs one Gathering proffession, that's fine. But at 600 you need material from another Crafting proffession(alch) to be able to craft anything and epic gear. LW and Tailors don't have this problem...which is the same category: CRAFTERS.
    See the point?

Quote Originally Posted by HalseyUS View Post
    Leatherworkers DON'T get their own materials, Skinners get the mats needed for Leatherworkers, and honestly? Cloth is pretty common by everyone, Tailors just get a better drop rate for their cloth

Also Pro-Tip: Pick up mining
    You obviously did not read anything I wrote.
    I got minning DUH.
    Crafting+Gatherring proffession...

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    BLACKSMITHERS need MINNING to level up to 600, but once there we need ALCHEMISTS or we cannot craft belt buckle / epic gear.
    In Cata, you needed Truegold to make all the first released crafted blacksmith epics AND the 346 weapons. In Mists, they shifted the required transmute mat from the crafted weapons to belt buckles. If you ask me, that is a great shift.

Comments like "get a alt with alch" "buy off AH" are complete useless
    Buying your mats off AH is useless? Do you really farm for all of your mats when you craft? What server are you on?

It was a typo. I've played since Vanilla I'm not stupid...
    Of course you need a Gathering proffession to support your Crafting proffession...that's logic.
    The point is...Blacksmith needs one Gathering proffession, that's fine. But at 600 you need material from another Crafting proffession(alch) to be able to craft anything and epic gear. LW and Tailors don't have this problem...which is the same category: CRAFTERS.
    See the point?

You obviously did not read anything I wrote.
    I got minning DUH.
    Crafting+Gatherring proffession...
    Looks like you should have picked up alchemy instead and just bought the dirt cheap ghost iron from the AH.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    "Im an alchemist, I can't make flasks or pots nor transmutes without a gathering profession ONLY OBTAINABLE BY AH-PURCHASES. Buhuu Alchemy sucks."
    You must be stupid I think as he obiously stated that it was supposed to fit with mining, but since with mining you can only come to blue pvp crafted which is replaced by pvp vendors nowadays it's a huge flaw. please don't be so random.

How to fix - Give BS living steel on a shorter CD. I men living steel is like their bread and butter, they use it for crafting. Alchemy use it for what? Selling..

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:24 PM ----------

I am really upset now, it's almost like all of you don't care about it. It's like you say, okey, blacksmith is shit, who cares.

I wonder how I could use this in PVP, BM and Warrior is OP, who cares? roll a BM hunter or Warrior or stop whining? Exactly, that's your settings on the chat. Really silly and non constructive. I support OP with it, remove it for alchemy or give it to bs instead.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJoe View Post
    In Cata, you needed Truegold to make all the first released crafted blacksmith epics AND the 346 weapons. In Mists, they shifted the required transmute mat from the crafted weapons to belt buckles. If you ask me, that is a great shift.

Buying your mats off AH is useless? Do you really farm for all of your mats when you craft? What server are you on?
    Some people don't buy their stuff of the AH. It's silly and should be changed, alchemists are ripping off people with that, 3-4k on my server at release, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Some people don't buy their stuff of the AH. It's silly and should be changed, alchemists are ripping off people with that, 3-4k on my server at release, haha.
    What server are you on?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Looks like you should have picked up alchemy instead and just bought the dirt cheap ghost iron from the AH.
    I guess the Alchemist should've choosen Mining instead of herbalism so he could buy his cheap ass flowers off the AH and farm his trillium bars. Right? It's not optional. Mining has been bound with BS. ALWAYS.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJoe View Post
    What server are you on?
    Grim Batol. They're 800-1k atm. But if you read carefully and next time don't rush through stuff you migh've seen " AT RELEASE " (EU BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Grim Batol. They're 800-1k atm. But if you read carefully and next time don't rush through stuff you migh've seen " AT RELEASE " (EU BTW)
    So you are saying that since people charged a high price "At Release" Blizzard should change the mats for this item? Please.

NOT buying your items off the AH is what is silly and illogical.

Assuming you are alliance, an alchemist can earn about 500g per day on his/her transmute.
    https://eu.theunderminejournal.com/i...tol&item=72104

A blacksmith selling belt buckles can earn about 400g per item.
    https://eu.theunderminejournal.com/i...tol&item=90046

If you, for some reason, refuse to buy mats off the AH, you can earn a maximum of 900g per day as BS/Alch with your transmute you turned into a belt buckle.

If you are just a blacksmith and you buy your mats off the AH, you only need to sell 3 belt buckles to beat out the former. There is no reason for you not to buy your mats from the auction house.
    Last edited by JollyJoe; 2012-10-09 at 07:12 PM.

Glad out alchemists all gave the tanks the cds.

Deleted
    I've posted this in another thread of the sorts, quoting a post like "alchemy is only there to limit other professions":

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    We're speaking of transmute alchemists here, aren't we (everything else doesn't even gain a profit on Living Steel on most realms anymore, so I'm pretty sure most people are talking about transmute alchemy)? In that case, Alchemy with transmute mastery is there ONLY to feed other professions. What can a transmute alchemist produce? Gems: here to feed JCs. Bars: here to feed BSs.

Don't give me that bullcr*p of "but alchemists can create flasks and pots too". Yes, we can, but only at an extremely minor gain, or even at a loss if we haven't got the right mastery.
    This is transmute alchemy's purpose. To support other professions/make mats for said professions. This is the sole purpose of it and if you don't have an alchemist and don't understand the concept of the profession don't bitch about it.

I'll give you that, I also find it rather stupid that the belt socket is made by living steel. But the fact remains that BS has been like this since WotLK (except for the belt sockets obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    That BS is depending on 2 professions to make profit?
    I was not aware that was the only way to make a profit in BS.

Wait, people still level Blacksmithing?

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Requires Living Steel, yet nobody buys my Living Steel.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It kind of reminds me of vanilla (for some patterns) needed Enchanted Thorium. But then that was very limited on the items, and now miners can smelt enchanted thorium (but no procs...)

I agree with the OP that needing an alternative profession other than the main gathering profession is not a good idea.

Thats also the reason why in all my alts, i only have 1 BS.
    Black Dragonflight: Kalel (Paladin), Ramage (Death Knight), Liquidc (Warrior), Aerynsùn (Monk), Nahdar (Shaman), Tokare (Druid), Jenista (Priest), Anabolix (Rogue), Findecano (Hunter), Lohra (Mage), Luminya (Warlock)

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    How is being "dependent" of alchemy any different than being dependent of mining, skinning or herbalism?
    It's not just being dependent upon alchemy. It's being dependent upon alchemy AND mining. The point he's making is that it's stupid that he has to rely on two professions when every other crafting profession relies on just one.

You just need an alchemist, I have 4.

Deleted
    get epic recipies
    farm spirits of harmony
    sell epics for insane prices, people pay 2-3k per spirit

Quote Originally Posted by granpachook View Post
    Yeah, it pretty much sucks. I'll have to level my alchemy alt sooner than I would have liked to, but, whatever. I'm not going to get upset about it, that seems pointless to me.
    Actually you don't. You can get to 600 without leveling 85-90
    "Peace is a lie"

We saw a change happen with scribes today where you could trade inks that you couldn't before. It was an adjustment that blizz saw was needed. Maybe we just need to be patiend and we will see another adjustment soon.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It's not just being dependent upon alchemy. It's being dependent upon alchemy AND mining. The point he's making is that it's stupid that he has to rely on two professions when every other crafting profession relies on just one.
    Actually Alchmemy needs herbing and mining. You can't make living steel without ore
    "Peace is a lie"