View Poll Results: Pat on the back or a fist to the face?

Voters
200. This poll is closed
  • Pat pat pat

167 83.50%
  • Smash Smash Smash

33 16.50%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This would probably be me.

Deleted
    I do not understand this need for the government to regulate the individual's sex life. Even if he was 12... if he did it willingly it should be his decision. Will he regret it later? Maybe, but then again fully grown adults also regret some relationships they get into!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    I see no problem with this.
    I'm kind of ignorant of the U.S. political system, but it's strange why the age of consent is defined differently by each state vs. done at the federal level. It really just makes for a big mess. Marriage rights, age of consent, etc, should all be federally controlled IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Ex-...173170801.html

I'd throw him a party.

So parents! Whats it gonna be?

Pat on the back!
    or a fist to the face? :@
    Yea abuser takes advantage of my child and I'll hit the child, makes sense.. Or not.
    Fair enough, he would be at the age where I feel he's ok to start having sex if he feels like it, but teachers shouldn't abuse positions of authority like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Honestly I'm just surprised. A few months ago there was a thread on mmo champ with a link to an article of a teacher who had sex with some of her high school students at her home when they were all over 18 at the time it happened. She was facing something like 20 years of prison time for this. Even on this board half the posters were supporting the sentence because she had "abused her authority". I remember it specifically because i had to post my shock that so many people thought somebody should be able to go to prison in america for having legal, overage, consensual sex. She should have been fired and lost her liccense for an ethical breach and thats the end of it. Meanwhile this teacher had illegal sex with an actual underage student and she is let off and people want to pat the boy on the back for getting laid. You would think the difference in sentences and social reactions between the two cases would be reversed.
    The case you are mentioning happened in Texas. That answer should be enough to explain everiything

10+ Year Old Account
    High Five!

I have no need to be involved in my sons sex life unless it was forced upon him.

Well, even if you're against it, he didn't do anything wrong, I don't think fist to the face of a 17 year old girl would be appropriate either.

But I'd be proud if my non-existent son would get her at 17.
    My daughters are very young now, and I'll reserve judgement for now. I probably would be very upset though.

But why do people say 'double standard' like it's a bad thing?
    There's nothing wrong with having different standards for different people.
    For example, if someone is smart, having them get anything besides an 'A' can be a disappointment.
    If someone is an idiot, passing the class is a good reason to give a gift.

Women and Men have different biological components, I can't understand why double standard is a bad thing.

if he is above the age of consent ( which i assume he is ) then i'd be totally fine with it, maybe give him a nod of approval or a high five. Its shouldn't really concern me though its his sex life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    It's pretty shitty that this is going to ruin her life forever. Was it inappropriate? Sure. But she doesn't deserve jail time, and worse yet she doesn't deserve to be labeled a sex offender for the rest of her life.

One-size-fits-all justice. Ammurica.
    But it would be ok if the genders were reversed?

Now why would it even be a problem?

Teenagers knows what sex is, hell, some of them are fucking around at the age of 12.
    If they are 17, then they are old enough to understand and enjoy it. Quite of their hair.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-10-09 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    if he is above the age of consent ( which i assume he is ) then i'd be totally fine with it, maybe give him a nod of approval or a high five. Its shouldn't really concern me though its his sex life
    Age of consent is 16 in Kentucky, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America

Except she was a teacher, so I guess this applies:
    Under KRS 510.110(1)(d), it is "sexual abuse in the first degree" for "a person in a position of authority or position of special trust" (as defined in KRS 532.045, including but not limited to parents, stepparents, foster parents, teachers, coaches, corrections personnel, religious leaders, and employers) to:

engage in sexual conduct with a person under 18, if the minor came into contact with the adult as a result of the adult's special position

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Age of consent is 16 in Kentucky, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of..._North_America

Except she was a teacher, so I guess this applies:
    Under KRS 510.110(1)(d), it is "sexual abuse in the first degree" for "a person in a position of authority or position of special trust" (as defined in KRS 532.045, including but not limited to parents, stepparents, foster parents, teachers, coaches, corrections personnel, religious leaders, and employers) to:

engage in sexual conduct with a person under 18, if the minor came into contact with the adult as a result of the adult's special position
    Maybe it's just this law alone. No other law regarding sexual contact could be found on Kentucky's own government site that supports the article's description of charges and crimes and could be used against her. Initially, I thought that some cronies in the court might have simply "made something illegal on the spot," which in of itself would be a disturbing event.

Now... if you anyone reads the article again, the level of transparency and quality of this so-called news site becomes quite apparent. NBC; tsk, tsk.

I think we're all missing the true positive from this story.

At least the teacher wasn't a dude.

/ducks

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post

/ducks
    It would be funny if a pairing of reversed genders got together and conspired to follow these documented events as closely as possible to try to prove a point. Same lawyers, too.

It would be like a science experiment, only the only lab explosion would be the craniums of society and media.

But hey, jail is scary and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already tell you right now that the relationship won't last long. But if I were his dad I'd be pretty proud of him because I would never have that chance. Although I find it kind of weird that a 27 year old is dating a 18 year old that's almost 10 years apart but whatever could be worse.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'd ask to borrow her on weekends.

I'm glad she got off (haha pun!) without any jail time, because that would have been nonsense, but wasn't there another thread about something very similar happening with kids who were 18 and she got, like, 20 years in jail?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Not sure if this was posted already or not, but she doesn't look nearly as hot in her current pics. Google.
    Useless reply, I know. The thread is, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Not sure if this was posted already or not, but she doesn't look nearly as hot in her current pics. Google.
    Useless reply, I know. The thread is, too.
    Well why would anyone post that she isnt really that hot? its a totally useless reply like you said!
    But i guess you've dated hotter girls cough

17 is an adult. A young adult, but an adult nonetheless. Ruining someone's life on a technicality would be ridiculous, so I say good for them as long as it's mutual. By the way, I would say the same thing were the genders reversed.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post

/ducks
    I know you're trying to be "funny", but it's a good point in that it shows another layer of double-standards that many people have. A young guy sleeping with an older female teacher is deemed as harmless, but people would be upset with 1) a young woman sleeping with an older guy, or 2) a young guy sleeping with an older guy. If nothing else I think it proves that we're still in a very conservative, heternormative society that expects people to fit very clear gender and sexuality roles.