View Poll Results: Pat on the back or a fist to the face?

Voters
200. This poll is closed
  • Pat pat pat

167 83.50%
  • Smash Smash Smash

33 16.50%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Wouldn't really care, what my son 16+ (theoretically) does with his sex life is his own business.
    Agreed, in Sweden you can have sex when you're 16 so i wouldnt care what he did.
    And he got a 27 year old cheerleader? That probably took some skills to pull off!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    lololololol
    That's pretty much how it goes. Haven't you ever heard of a guy going to jail for statutory rape even though it was completely consentual?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    That's pretty much how it goes. Haven't you ever heard of a guy going to jail for statutory rape even though it was completely consentual?
    Sadly happens all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    But of course if the genders were reversed, everyone would be absolutely disgusted. In addition, the teacher would receive years of jail time, whereas this female will probably just receive probation like the one out of Florida.
    Yup :-/

10char.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    The double standard here is pretty disgusting. If the genders were reversed there would be outrage and handwaving and fist shaking, with the teacher being branded a sexual predator and the student likely denounced as a slut.
    But of course in this case they boy gets a pat on the back and the silly tart who should have known better than to fuck one of her students gets a slap on the wrist and an admonishment. I wonder how differently the case would have been received if she was less physically attractive.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    The double standard here is pretty disgusting. If the genders were reversed there would be outrage and handwaving and fist shaking, with the teacher being branded a sexual predator and the student likely denounced as a slut.
    But of course in this case they boy gets a pat on the back and the silly tart who should have known better than to fuck one of her students gets a slap on the wrist and an admonishment. I wonder how differently the case would have been received if she was less physically attractive.
    Unless we're talking about a hambeast, I don't think it'd change much - maybe just a pat on the back instead of a wild party for the accomplishment, but it'd still be handled with the same double standard.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    I'd say 'nice' whilst nodding.
    /WIN! Love that southpark episode, perfect for this thread aswell.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't do anything, a non-mentally-handicapped 17 year-old knows what he's doing, whether or not it's against the law is completely irrelevant as laws only have power if you follow them and the event that took place didn't hurt anyone.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-10-10 at 08:52 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Depends on the situation. I wouldn't like to have my son (or daughter) being manipulated into sex by a older person, specially if it was unprotected sex.
    But it seems that wasn't the case, now.

Deleted
    yet again! kudos! ;D

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Depends on the situation. I wouldn't like to have my son (or daughter) being manipulated into sex by a older person, specially if it was unprotected sex.
    But it seems that wasn't the case, now.
    I think this thread just has lots of younger guys who imagine that their relationship with their son(s) would be like with their buddies. The dynamic tends not to work out that way in reality.

Gotta love double standards, I'd be patting him on the back. But if the genders were reversed he'd be in jail making friends in the shower for the rest of his life

Deleted
    Im curious to know how people would feel if it were the other way around, the male teacher with the female student.

This happened just recently in the UK with Megan Stammers - 15 and Jeremy Forrest. http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/megan%20stammers - not the best source granted but you can find a list of articles relating to that case here.

Someone else mentioned that the guy the female teacher was with was just under the legal limit anyways so its not a big deal, but do you feel the same about Megan? Our rules for sex (unsure weather the relationship was physical mind) is 16 is the age of consent . Granted this case took it a little bit further with the pair running away together unlawfully but the basic principle is the same.

Me personally, id go mad. I do understand that you cant help who you are attracted to etc but at the same time, he wasnt of legal age, even if he was close he is still a minor. That and she was in a trusted position of power, which I believe has been abused by having the relationship.

I do think there's an epic case of double standards though, that its alright for male students but not for female. Just interested in peoples views on this.

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    I know you're trying to be "funny", but it's a good point in that it shows another layer of double-standards that many people have. A young guy sleeping with an older female teacher is deemed as harmless, but people would be upset with 1) a young woman sleeping with an older guy, or 2) a young guy sleeping with an older guy. If nothing else I think it proves that we're still in a very conservative, heternormative society that expects people to fit very clear gender and sexuality roles.
    I should try to be funnier, since you apparently missed the joke entirely. Since the question was put to us in such a way, "what if it was your son?" I would imagine a conversation with my Son (future son maybe) would be significantly more complicated had his teacher been a dude. Has nothing to do with imposing roles...so cool your jets turbo.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-10-10 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male or female a relationship with a student is unethical because it represents a conflict of interest, much like a boss dating an employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    no pat no smash, but we would have a talk about what happened.

That REALLY sucks for her. I thought age of consent was 17 so the kid should have been old enough. But I guess what with the "position of authority" it's still questionable.

Idk what I'd do. I'd probably scold the kid as his father for his silliness but every now and then slip up and be like "damn son, you tapped that ass".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Everyone who's saying they'd act like a South Park episode... you guys DO realize that entire show is satire meant to poke fun at absurd social paradigms right?

YOU'RE THE PEOPLE PARKER AND STONE ARE MAKING FUN OF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Everyone who's saying they'd act like a South Park episode... you guys DO realize that entire show is satire meant to poke fun at absurd social paradigms right?

YOU'RE THE PEOPLE PARKER AND STONE ARE MAKING FUN OF.
    Hurray, finally a quotation that I'm not using for badness!