Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The New Ret Makes Me Want to Reroll... Paladin

After I did everything I could do for the week/day on my 466 (spent like 50k+ on MoP gear and same on xmog if not more during late Cata) Fury Warr main I decided to level my bad Ret pala that I don't know how to play all that well for herbing/alch, and WOW, after buying the 372 vendor gear, a 415 weapon and the mats for the 450 Alch trinket I was chainpulling more mobs than I did at release on my 400 ilvl Warr, and Ret is very fluid/fun now and honestly more enjoyable than Fury.

However, I have put a lot of gold and time into gearing/enchanting and getting xmog for my warr so as tempted as I am to reroll for fun factor, I won't. Also, I hear that on progress Ret isn't the greatest, and Warrs are pretty damn good right now in PvP and PvE. I think I know my new "main alt" for this expansion.

Anyone else feel that Ret is really fun now and has tempted you to reroll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Personally, I'm feeling like my hunter is OP as shit! Only class I've never leveled to 70, so I thought I'd make one my main this expac...lvl 87 atm and its been a blast since lvl 1 as my first alt this expac though I'm gonna try monk

The only other class I've taken into the Mists so far (Ret, Fury, Guardian) that can compare to the ease of grinding my Paladin had, is my Guardian Druid. Fury is just so damned twitchy, now, though I do like that Fury's AoE got improved. Considering taking my Enhance Shammy over next, just to see what that's like compared to the other three; I need my farmers leveled up pretty quick, but Fury's no fun and my Guardian doesn't herb. >_<
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, I get the urge to play my Paladin again when I'm on any of my other characters.

Hell, I want to play my Paladin or reroll another Paladin. It got so bad that I had (by level 80) accumulated over the years 8+ level 60+ Paladins, and about 15+ Paladins on my account of various levels. I gave away a bunch and have cut back, but it truly got out of hand. I'm so close to relapsing.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-10-10 at 04:30 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Step into some arenas as Ret, you'll lose the sensation.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    I have 6 85s: warrior, dk, paladin, hunter, mage and rogue.
    I first leveled my hunter up to 89 where I got utterly bored as the damage outside cds is piss. Then I started the warrior, got bored in 20 minutes after coming to Pandaria. Dk next, bored around level 87. Playing my ret pala now...

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    It's funny, I get the urge to play my Paladin again when I'm on any of my other characters.

Hell, I want to play my Paladin or reroll another Paladin. It got so bad that I had (at level 80) 8+ level 60+ Paladins, and about 15+ Paladins on my account of various levels. I gave away a bunch and have cut back, but it truly got out of hand. I'm so close to relapsing.
    ...Y'know, I'm half tempted to jump on that boat, man. Why did I not think of it before?! LOL
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

I rerolled from WW Monk to Ret, mostly cuz of PvP.
    I love Ret atm

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    I miss BC ret, but it's pretty decent right now

Deleted
    People always underestimate the "boredom" effect.

People no matter how in love they are with their class, they will always get burned out sooner or later. When they experience a new class a lot of times they feel its fresh, awesome and realy fun. Ret is OK atm, but i've re-rolled OUT of it simply because i was playing paladin for 3 years now.

I'm playing a SV hunter and everything seems fresh, interesting and fun. I try to avoid the hunter forums because everyone and their mom is there complaining about everything and i'm trying not to get disheartened

Deleted
    I rerolled holy to make our 10m roster stronger, but ret is quite fun now. All ret needs to be perfect is one more skill to hit, because they still have gaps in the prio "rotation" with just white hits, which makes it a bit clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did reroll, and I regret it.. Only PvPing atm because I can't raid and Ret is shit without cds, it's like once every 3 minutes you're decent and after that you're useless.

isn't ret the worst raiding dps spec

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I rerolled holy to make our 10m roster stronger, but ret is quite fun now. All ret needs to be perfect is one more skill to hit, because they still have gaps in the prio "rotation" with just white hits, which makes it a bit clunky.
    As haste goes up, this becomes less of an issue.

To poster above me: simcraft has hunters and balance druids at the bottom, where on normals the difference between bottom and top is 20k dps. (30k dps in heroic)

Simcraft's numbers are probably not perfect yet. Retri's in the middle of the pack in both cases, where Affliction, and all three mage specs are on top.

http://simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html
    Last edited by blackblade; 2012-10-10 at 04:10 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I did reroll, and I regret it.. Only PvPing atm because I can't raid and Ret is shit without cds, it's like once every 3 minutes you're decent and after that you're useless.
    Not sure if we're playing the same class. In my experience it's more like "We're godly with our CDs and above average without them."

Ret has a ton of survivability and offhealing but that's about it. Our damage is awful.

I was doing dailies last night and my fiancee's monk in WW spec was doing the damage I usually do with my 3min CD macro popped all the time. Just made me sad.

I love the class as a tank though, but our ability to kill stuff right now is just junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I love the class as a tank though, but our ability to kill stuff right now is just junk.
    That's my experience - having leveled up as prot and off ret. Granted, I'm not a primary paladin player - I went holy for WotLK, but after hitting 85 in Cata, mothballed him. But leveling in MoP, I found I was doing a lot better as prot and running in against 5+ mobs than I was as ret and taking on one or two.

If I wasn't so busy farming on my druid, I'd be leveling my monk. Personally, I think the monk abilities mesh better with the idea of paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Not sure if we're playing the same class. In my experience it's more like "We're godly with our CDs and above average without them."
    Aye, godly with cds and shite without them. I get completely dominated without them 1 on 1 with pretty much any class, the damage just isn't there. Mind you I could be mistaken, I've been slacking on farming the PvP gear so I might be getting outgeared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    isn't ret the worst raiding dps spec
    No, by far no.They'r extremely useful in heroic raiding atm.Raid cooldown, a tank cooldown on 30 seconds cd, good survivablity and a the damage is just good if played properly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Ret has a ton of survivability and offhealing but that's about it. Our damage is awful.
    Nonsense.

http://imgur.com/dTO3r

Feng 25 heroic skada, me on 7th place ( i have 6 less ilvl then the rogue, and 10 less ilvl then one of the dps dk's ).Tank on 1 and 3.In this fight you also use a Hand of purity on the tanks every 30 seconds (tank damage is insane here..), you use your LoH's, you use your devo aura and throw out random's FoL.Sorry but we are far from awful...
    Last edited by mmoc143b07d653; 2012-10-10 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    The way I see it, Ret is a -support- spec that can pump out some pretty damn big numbers in bursts rather then be sustained but has plenty of ways to stay alive and also help your team. At least In PvP.