Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Always does, im atheist and the sheer ignorance towards whole groups based on the actions of few, while turning a blind eye to the actions of their own religion disgusts me.
    Christian and zion fanatics are just as bad, they just dont show up as much on the news.
    Or do people truly believe that anyone who is islamic is "evil"? that is... narrow.
    The US government is secular and has killed 240,000 Iraqis.

I don't think atheists are any better.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post

Here we go again.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Here we go again.
    Just ending the "religion is bad cos of deathsssss" argument you see from narrow-minded posters.

Let's focus on the OP and the fact that some militant patriarchs are subhuman scum.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Is it? I like to think there's a pretty big difference between unintentionally killing non-combatants and trying to assassinate a 14 year old girl.
    Its amazing people cant see the difference. Dead little girl is the same as a suicide bomber on paper.

"The US government is secular and has killed 240,000 Iraqis."

How many iraqi's did iraq kill? Time to put things in perspective

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Ahhh, the religion of peace.
    I don't know if you're stupid or acting stupid most of Muslims DO consider what the Talibans do as terror attacks.

Is it? I like to think there's a pretty big difference between unintentionally killing non-combatants and trying to assassinate a 14 year old girl.
    no... there isnt, death is death, intention doesnt matter.
    It is lack of caring that kills collateral victims in most cases, it is guilty he who does something bad, as is the one who did nothing to stop it.
    Not to speak that the whole situation has been created by the west for the last 60 years...

15+ Year Old Account
    banning the playing of music in cars.
    OH, now it is personal!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Good lord almighty, US government secular?! i believe this text box isnt large enough to contain all the "haha"'s needed to describe how hilarious that statement is :'(

Also, i know, never said atheists are bett... wtf? i am defending religion you silly thing, even being atheist, im saying religion isnt the reason, at best an excuse.

Deleted
    And you people criticize the US soldiers...

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Yes just because some guy shot his wife we shouldnt criticize the guy who only beats her...

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I criticize all who commit atrocities, one being worst doesnt make the other right.
    All that prison crap US soldiers did was deplorable, one thing is to kill someone who you dislike, another is to torture, rob of dignity and humilate people.
    One requires simple hatred, it is a war after all, the other... is malice and perversion.

Aaand that is why there is a big difference between different types of murder, the "cold blooded, calculated" being the worst.
    It is beyond emotion.

To those of you who keep asking "How many children have died of Western Military Activity."

Yes, the NATO forces have had collateral damage. But....

Do you know how many little children are kidnapped from their parents and used as suicide bombers or militants? More than you'd like to think. I've seen a video of a man pushing a child in front of a convoy and detonating a vest. (That video in particular was taken by my best friend while he was deployed. He has PTSD from his experiences.) Most Marines and Soldiers I know who have been in combat have fought against boys who are as little as 12 years old. Kidnapped from their families and forced to fight or be killed by the Taliban. I'm so glad I never got deployed, because I don't know how I would live with myself if I had to make that decision about a child.

It's easy to sit here on forums and be smug and ask questions like that. But you have NO IDEA how hard it is to make some of these decisions.

Yes, we demonize the Taliban. But they are to be demonized. They are evil. They give a bad name to Islam, and the human race in general. If you only knew the atrocities committed that never make it back to the states. Like seeing the bodies of "infidels" hanging naked from a bridge, and they turn out to be the guy who went on patrol just before you did. Or the little girl who comes up to get candy from you every day. She's not around one day, only to find her with a suicide vest walking towards you. It's not a pretty picture, and I hope you never have to experience it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    To those of you who keep asking "How many children have died of Western Military Activity."

Yes, the NATO forces have had collateral damage. But....

Do you know how many little children are kidnapped from their parents and used as suicide bombers or militants? More than you'd like to think. I've seen a video of a man pushing a child in front of a convoy and detonating a vest. (That video in particular was taken by my best friend while he was deployed. He has PTSD from his experiences.) Most Marines and Soldiers I know who have been in combat have fought against boys who are as little as 12 years old. Kidnapped from their families and forced to fight or be killed by the Taliban. I'm so glad I never got deployed, because I don't know how I would live with myself if I had to make that decision about a child.

It's easy to sit here on forums and be smug and ask questions like that. But you have NO IDEA how hard it is to make some of these decisions.

Yes, we demonize the Taliban. But they are to be demonized. They are evil. They give a bad name to Islam, and the human race in general. If you only knew the atrocities committed that never make it back to the states. Like seeing the bodies of "infidels" hanging naked from a bridge, and they turn out to be the guy who went on patrol just before you did. Or the little girl who comes up to get candy from you every day. She's not around one day, only to find her with a suicide vest walking towards you. It's not a pretty picture, and I hope you never have to experience it.
    Completely agree especially with the last paragraph.

The US is not secular. It tries to though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19882799

What really disgusts me about the whole thing is how the Taliban is flat out bragging that they did it. There's a complete lack of remorse that they critically wounded a child and that she shouldn't be spared because of her age or sex.

I probably shouldn't be surprised by Taliban brutality at this point but it still astounds me.
    As much as I dislike Islam, I know that it's forbidden for a muslim to kill another muslim. The Taliban aren't simply ignorant and violent, they're anti-islamic.
    Reminds me of a speech I saw an Afghan commander give to some ANA troops, where he says that the taliban are an offense to islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    And how many kids have died due to western military activity?
    Christ it didn't take long for the apologists to come out did it?

Why bring "western military activity" into the conversation? the article had to do with the horrible assualt on a child by a taliban foot soldier because they DARED advocate education for women.....THE HORROR.

The taliban are perfectly happy with killing men and women for.......listening to music, dancing, or being raped (women).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yes just because some guy shot his wife we shouldnt criticize the guy who only beats her...
    ISAF has Danish forces. Would you be so cavalier as to make that comparison to their faces?
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Of course this is terrible; I don't think any decent person would think otherwise.

Sadly since this is MMO Champion, its already turned into ignorant US bashing which seems to be silently approved of around here. So much for the vaunted intelligence people around here boast that they have.

Deleted

You say atheist without knowing the meaning of it, or that the US government is far from atheistic.
    Even if it was, being atheist is not being part of a faith or anything like that, making a statement like yours mute. Atheism is the lack of belief, not a belief vs another belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Always does, im atheist and the sheer ignorance towards whole groups based on the actions of few, while turning a blind eye to the actions of their own religion disgusts me.
    Christian and zion fanatics are just as bad, they just dont show up as much on the news.
    Or do people truly believe that anyone who is islamic is "evil"? that is... narrow.
    Problem is that there aren't many "christian" or "zionist" zealots killing people because they want there women to have more than a 3rd grade education, or for listening to music.

I guess we'll just keep ignoring the elephant in the room