Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    To those of your arguing whether Qur'an has violence in it; oh, of course, it has shit tons of it. On the other hand, the Bible does too. Equally disgusting violence and equally disgusting messages in certain parts. So this isn't at all about what certain religions teach, it's about what extremists take from it. A normal Muslim will ignore the violent messages of the Qur'an as much as a normal Christian will ignore the equivalent messages in the Bible.

So how about we stop condemning either group of people by the acts of extremists that call themselves the representatives of those groups yet are completely rejected by those groups and completely distort their true ideals? How about we stop the unnecessary bigotry and generalizations? It's something Americans should feel well irritated by and should understand, seeing what kind of comments you receive from Europe. It's something you should stop doing if you're really that irritated when it's done to you. Otherwise, it just makes you look like a bunch of hypocrits.
    This is true. Many people in this thread have a hard time understanding the difference between what religious texts say and how people actually practice their religions. There's no question that both texts depict and advocate things that no civilized nation would allow these days. When it really comes down to it, people pick and choose what they want to practice out of both the Bible and the Quran. That's actually a good thing. It's stupid to say either is a religion of violence if the majority of believers in those religions don't actually practice violence. People would like everything to be black or white/good or evil but many things in the world are simply grey.

On the original topic (which most aren't discussing), the Taliban are cowards and bastards. Who tries to assassinate a child for any reason, much less because they were being an advocate for education? This kind of insane behavior is unfortunately commonplace for the Taliban. It's a backwards, morally bankrupt regime that has stained Islam and darkened the world as a whole. I honestly wish the world would band together and decide to crush them for good.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post

The total amount of people protesting the anti-Islamic video a few months ago was less than the number of Muslims who sent letters of condolences to Amb. Stevens' family. Fact.
    I think this is an important fact that shouldn't be lost in the shit storm.

Deleted
    Too bad for her, now on with life and time for some liquorice.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    1. Fair enough don't link them but don't claim that they exist. I'll just say that in order to understand the verse you would need to understand the context, setting, and whole Sora sometimes. Just like any other book if taken out of context, it can mean anything you want it to mean.
    OMG someone speaks sense !!

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Is it? I like to think there's a pretty big difference between unintentionally killing non-combatants and trying to assassinate a 14 year old girl.
    There is a difference, but there are still dead kids at the end of the day.

On-topic: Can't say I'm at all surprised really. She's female, lives in Pakistan and spoke out. Nothing new from the Taliban really, they've done much worse than this to women trying to get an education.

Oh well. Caring less and less about the Middle East by the day.

To those of your arguing whether Qur'an has violence in it; oh, of course, it has shit tons of it. On the other hand, the Bible does too. Equally disgusting violence and equally disgusting messages in certain parts. So this isn't at all about what certain religions teach, it's about what extremists take from it. A normal Muslim will ignore the violent messages of the Qur'an as much as a normal Christian will ignore the equivalent messages in the Bible.

So how about we stop condemning either group of people by the acts of extremists that call themselves the representatives of those groups yet are completely rejected by those groups and completely distort their true ideals? How about we stop the unnecessary bigotry and generalizations? It's something Americans should feel well irritated by and should understand, seeing what kind of comments you receive from Europe. It's something you should stop doing if you're really that irritated when it's done to you. Otherwise, it just makes you look like a bunch of hypocrits.
    Well said.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Just a minor point. This was an incident by the "Pakistani Taliban", not the Afghanistan Taliban. Different people. The "Pakistani Taliban" is a group formed in 2007 inside Pakistan.

Do we really need to go through U.S history recent and old and list off how many corpses have piled up from people murdering other people over their twisted beliefs?

For ever morally reprehensible act the taliban commits, there is an American somewhere locked up or free that has done something just as bad.

*Hello its me 100 years from now on, we did it, there are no religion anymore!*

/Best worldEU.

No really, sad to hear exstremist goes this far, but with religon this happens every day. Im glad more and more in atleast developed countries starting to belive less inn this man made fiction with 0% facts that can be proven inn any way.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-11 at 05:00 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

yeah, this is pretty much it. I mean, look at the bible... that thing has been altered and redone to change some things inside of it, whereas the qur'ran hasn't been changed...at ALL. So you have these people, believing all of this incredibly old beliefs. I mean at some point, someone is going to read something like "Allah will decide who goes to heaven" and they think Oh, well time to kill people! and then it just starts and it never stopped.

You have this adorable little girl in a country without the ability to change themselves, change their beliefs, stop being extremist and what happens? she almost gets killed because of it, because she and probably many others see what so few people can't and I hope that people like this and this little girl show us and the people over there how while we only see the bad, there's still SO much opportunity for good. Not just her country, but the world.

I'm afraid afghanistan will degenerate once NATO and ISAF leaves, the Afghan Government is not very strong, afghan security forces are all "Insha'Allah", I think there is a real risk that the civil rights that the more peaceful regions and progressive afghans have enjoyed will disappear.

Will people like Sima Samar be able to continue her great work? I'm not so sure.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I don't really care the how or why, but shooting a 14 year old girl trying to kill her does NOT prove your point. At all. EVER.

There's a reason why most of the world still thinks Pakistan is nothing but a bunch of cavemen that only recently learned how to make tents. They are barbarians. They are savages. And once in a while when someone shows up to prove that Pakistan can be civilized, those in power in the region try to kill her.

Thus I'm more inclined to listen to the Pakistani people than the Pakistani government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    One stopped being topical in 1300, the other one is still acted upon this day. You cant really compare their influences in 2012.
    The Bible didn't lose its influence in 1300, that was just the last time something major was done in the name of what the book says. It lost its real influence later, and it happened because of capitalism and protestant values in Western Europe. Westerners aren't all tolerant (for the most part) because that's simply the nice way we are, it's because of culture. Westerners are equally brainwashed by culture into being tolerant as much as Muslims are into not being tolerant. In fact, Westerners are being intolerant for expecting Muslims to change their 1400 year old culture over night, when that didn't even happen over night and for no reason for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pakistan girl surgery 'a success'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19893309

Thanks god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Pakistan girl surgery 'a success'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19893309

Thanks god.
    Glad to hear it. It's a crazy world when people have to start asking how they can keep a 14 year old from being assassinated. I still fear for her safety, fanatics don't ever really stop.