Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's supposed to be......
    Well, I'm skeptical after T11. It started out with a ton of bosses, too. We all know how it went in patches. 7 bosses won't be enough to split in 4+ parts in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    It's LFR, It's free loot, has been since it got released in Cata, nothing new.
    Reason why I hate it..
    then don't do it. Jeesh, getting tired of people saying things like this. for example, I loath PVP in wow, I absolutely detest it with a passion. Guess what ? I dont PVP I don't have to deal with it. therefore it doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Isn't LFR only the first 3 bosses so far? Would've been a great idea if LFR Elegon was available.
    It is the first 3 bosses but the first 3 don't drop anything very noteworthy for me except Feng's cloak and my Feng bugged out and didn't even give me a cache, so... the LFR boots were a 300 dps difference over the best 5 man boots. lol, nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    then don't do it. Jeesh, getting tired of people saying things like this. for example, I loath PVP in wow, I absolutely detest it with a passion. Guess what ? I dont PVP I don't have to deal with it. therefore it doesn't bother me.
    Serious raiders have to do LFR to get gear.

The gear is 13 ilvls higher than heroic dungeon gear.

You cannot seriously say a hardcore raider is not forced to do LFR.

That being said, people are not forced to be hardcore raiders, that's a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Pretty much what is intended. Seeing as the VP gear is even higher ilvl than the LFR stuff, I don't see the big deal....you can nearly get a full set of 489 VP gear in time.

Regardless, it's pretty much the alternative stepping stone after getting maxed/nearly maxed out in heroic gear as opposed to the real raiding of normal and heroic, which definitely provide way better rewards for those with the dedication to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only difficulty in the first half of LFR this time around is finding 2 pug tanks that know how to taunt on Stone Guard. Or rather, getting 2 pug tanks to listen/understand how to taunt on Stone Guard after you yell at them 5 times. Feng/Gara'jal are a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    If you're silly enough to waste your tokens on bosses that drop 476 loot when you could be spending them on normals for 489s, I don't see why not.
    Not everybody raids. Some people only want to do LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post

You said it yourself, if you want to be a "hardcore" raider, then it is a choice. If someone is making you do something within a game which is something you do as a hobby, count me out.

I used to be into it back in TBC and such with being a MT / Raid leader and GM, but it burnt me out on the game. Now I am casual by all means, hell my guilds first official raid isn't until the 16th while we wait for people to get to 90 and geared for it.

DS LFR was being run with 10 to 15 ppl due to disconnects and kicks the first month or so. Sure many ppl were in full FL heroic gear then so that helped some, but still LFR has never been hard at all. The hardest thing in LFR is dealing with the idiots, its like trade chat on steroids most of the time. You put in your 30 minutes or so deal with idiots as a reward you get free loot.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zutroy View Post
    Queued as DPS the second it was available, got an insta-queue.
    To be fair, I queued as tank the moment it was available and also got an insta-queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    They'll be carried like they were in DS. Remember all the bads with no gems and no enchants doing 7k dps? Bosses still fell over and coughed up loot.

People called SWTOR content too easy, but their Story Mode (LFR) you actually had to do mechanics properly. LFR is not really seeing content as you can just ignore most of the mechanics and therefore the boss doesn't seem that interesting and therefore you are not actually seeing him properly.
    when i played back in the day swtor content was easy as fuck... 1 hard boss and that was SoA when those traps had around 250k hp

You have to consider who has a lvl 90 character and a sufficient ilvl right now : mostly good players and many of them know a few strats already.

Wait and see, noobs are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    They'll be carried like they were in DS. Remember all the bads with no gems and no enchants doing 7k dps? Bosses still fell over and coughed up loot.

People called SWTOR content too easy, but their Story Mode (LFR) you actually had to do mechanics properly. LFR is not really seeing content as you can just ignore most of the mechanics and therefore the boss doesn't seem that interesting and therefore you are not actually seeing him properly.
    That LFR system isn't anything like what WoW had. It would be like using dungeon finder to run a normal version of the raid. Even with that SW raids ops or whatever you want to call them are a joke all the way around. I haven't played the newest one but even hardmode Denova was a cake walk when it was current and it was far more difficult then the first 2 runs.

Having said that LFR in WoW is only slightly more challenging then watching a youtube video on boss fights. Actually it is about as hard as it would be to watch one of them with horrible music in the background and dealing with trade trolls at the same time. Then for putting in your time you get gold and maybe some loot.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The real hardcore raiders were 6/6 Normal coming in to this week and were on Stone Guard Heroic before LFR actually launched.

And that's why I won't be using LFR. Easy-peasy and saves me a lot of energy/rage which I can channel into more useful things. But, I foresee a lot of whinging in the coming days/weeks by "pro" players crying about this.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:34 AM ----------

No, they don't.

People THINKING they are serious raiders will want to run LFR because, guess what...the gear from it, makes encounters easier in normal mode!

Serious, properly pro raiders go in with 463 and perhaps crafter/bought epics. Serious, properly pro players got into raiding just fine before LFR was even planned.

LFR = for the people interested and seeing use for it, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't force anyone just by simply being available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    LFR = for the people interested and seeing use for it, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't force anyone just by simply being available.
    Serious raiders will do -ANYTHING- to improve their character. Anything at all. That includes LFR, heroics, PvP, arena, crafted gear, grinding dailies, absolutely anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Serious raiders will do -ANYTHING- to improve their character. Anything at all. That includes LFR, heroics, PvP, arena, crafted gear, grinding dailies, absolutely anything.
    Yes? So? They're still not being forced to do anything by anyone but themselves. I know a person in a guild wanting to think it's pro, yet they held off starting normal modes because they want to go in with more epix.

Those doing LFR today are hard core players who zoomed to 90 and know what they are doing. Many are raiders wanting to gear up. Give it a few weeks until everyone else gets in there. Then we'll know how it compares.

wtf is up with tank queues

waited literally an hour and gave up

queue as dps is instant

try tank again, wait 30 mins, give up

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was actually kind of shock at how easy it was. I went in with a group of guildies, one being the other tank. We basically just grouped the dog up and solo tanked them down with aoe.