10+ Year Old Account

Elegon and Will of the Emperor advice

So, last night one of the better guilds on my server asked me to fill in for them on Elegon and Will of the Emperor. So, I go in, they briefly explain the fight and then pull. I'll be quite honest, I didn't really know what I was doing, and hadn't seen the Elegon video for a couple weeks. We kill Elegon on the third try and I ended up doing 77k. Granted my bow broke when Elegon was around 90% and I had to get jeeves out of my bags and repair, so I lost around 5-10 seconds of dps time, but I still figure that was maybe 3k dps lost if that. I looked at the logs and saw some of the top hunters pulling 130k, which concerns me considering that I was a little over 50k dps behind them.

Then we went over to Will of the Emperor with an hour left in raid time and we had a few ~30% wipes, but we weren't able to kill him. I was in last place on that fight, but I attribute that to the fact that the raid consisted of a Spriest, Afflic lock, and 2 fire mages, so they were multi dotting the bosses and adds up, but I still feel like there is room for improvement. Also, my pet was just going absolutely wonky on that fight as well. I'd be dpsing an add and I'd see my pet sitting over there dpsing the boss, when I never even attacked the boss.

Here are the logs for last night: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/k96b71i100hdrzlp/

Thanks in advance.

Elegon - hunters over 100k+ have more time on the boss. If you're in 10 man 80-100k is fine depending on gear. I'm in 10 man and my dps was at 90k. I would be higher if I had better gear.

Will - We lose dps because of target swapping. Caster classes go up when there are more, we go down. That's just really how it is. Don't use serpent sting on the adds because they die fast. If you're BM you can use BW for the 2nd strength and have it back up for the gas phase.

As for Will in general. Try 2 healing with 6 dps if you're having trouble. Unless you're an all star team, keep all DPS off the boss until the gas phase. We did it like this and only had 3 gas phases. Make sure your tanks understand opp strike and how to avoid damage. If your tanks take a ton of damage you will have to 3 heal.

Elegon all depends on how many waves you do per phase. I've seen groups like Origin (in 10 man) do 4 per for 8 waves, and I've seen groups do 6 per for 12 waves, which is 80% more damage vs. the boss in execute vs. 120% more damage against the boss during execute.

Depending on your group comp, that's where the variety can come in. In 25 man, hunters don't have to switch as much, either, which leads to higher DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we did 3 per for 6 waves total. Also, apparently my guildie knew of a spot where you only had to jump to drop your stacks, but didn't tell me until just now >.<

Deleted
    Will of the emperor = Either keep your pet on one of the bosses. Or switch to survival. Since there is quite alot of target swapping. Which really is a weak spot for Bm.

Elegon, make sure you have a petattack macro for the sparks that spawns. Kripparian had some cool trick when it's time for the conducts that you can use masters call to quickly get your pet to you/the pillar.

If you are running surv on Will of the Emperor:

*fixed* When the big add spawn ( The one wich does the aoe damage on floor). Put your pet on it and tell NO ONE to touch it.
    This will lead to your pet getting aggro of the mob, and it can be solotanked with the pet as every time he starts to do the AoE on the floor your pet will run behind the mob and taking 0 damage.

Only con about this is that you ofc. will have some dps loss during add phases, and if there is ANY damage on the mob other than the pet, the source of that damage will get aggro no matter what.

The mob is not tauntable or Misdirectable. He attacks whatever attacks him. *fixed*

I felt this was great for when we had big add + 2x small adds at the same time as my pet was juggling the big one as we bursted down the smaller adds.

EDIT: The pet aggro is fixed today / yesterday depending on where you live. Ignore that part. !!
    Last edited by Naaw; 2012-10-10 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Granted my bow broke when Elegon was around 90% and I had to get jeeves out of my bags and repair

Then we went over to Will of the Emperor with an hour left in raid time and we had a few ~30% wipes, but we weren't able to kill him. I was in last place on that fight, but I attribute that to the fact that the raid consisted of a Spriest, Afflic lock, and 2 fire mages, so they were multi dotting the bosses and adds up, but I still feel like there is room for improvement. Also, my pet was just going absolutely wonky on that fight as well. I'd be dpsing an add and I'd see my pet sitting over there dpsing the boss, when I never even attacked the boss.

Here are the logs for last night: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/k96b71i100hdrzlp/

Thanks in advance.
    First - might I suggest that you keep a back up bow in your bag at all times - it's easier than dealing with Jeeves mid fight. We have 2 hunters total in my 25 man guild and after we both get a bow, we just ask for it as a back up item next time it drops.

We killed Emp last night (25 man guild) and both myself and the other hunter went SV - we both finished middle of the pack in DPS but parsed top 50 US for hunters. I spec'd MoC and parked my pet on the boss as soon as they came out and left him there all night - he's really ineffective against the ads and it's just easier to leave him there and forget about him. I used MoC because I didn't want to mess with blink strike and having my pet move off the boss. When MoC was up I just quickly targeted the boss and used it and then back to adds (even better I would readiness and the MoC the other boss).

Here's what myself and the other hunter did regarding adds. Spec into binding shot - use it, frost trap, explosive trap on the adds. I would target the strengths and cobra up to 80 focus or so and then switch to the rages and fire off my multishots and then repeat. Kill shot the rages as often as you can. Disengage back and use speedy run you get from that to be on top of the Courage when it spawns. Use Glaive Toss to keep it slowed. I tried a lot of things with regard to CD usage and found that it was best to use them early into the fight - I started using mine when the first strengths came out. You should be able to get 3 Stampedes in. If you're close to a Toxic Gas phase hold onto the CDs and use them on the boss. The biggest thing to remember is that you're spec'd SV to deal with the adds so multi shot as much as possible. When all hell breaks loose at the end and there are mobs everywhere remember to FD as soon as that starts happening. If the tank goes down you dont want to be next on the aggro list because he will do this magnetic armor thing and keep yanking you to him. Keep a binding shot at your feet or at the healers feet to keep the adds away. It gets really nuts at the end.

I tried BM and couldn't get that spec to work - way too much pet movement and not very effective with all the target switching and pet movement.

This fight obviously isn't going to be "glory days" for hunters - target switching sucks, but we do our job - which in this case is AOEing the adds down quickly (the other hunter and I were 3rd and 4th in damage done to them).