Deleted

WeakAura - Totems?

Hello, since PowerAura's have changed so much, I've decided to go and use WeakAura's. I've found them fairly simple to use so far, untill I begin to make Searing Totem one. I've search and searched but there is no option for Totems, or at least that I can see, so I was wondering if it's possible to use them for a totem.

What I want if for a simple progress bar to show how long I have left on my Searing Totem, till it expires. I done this for Flame Shock with ease, but I can't seem to find what I need to enter to trigger it.

Thanks any help would be appreciated and also if someone could please point me to some kinda of decent guide on a tutorial about weakaura's it would be lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trigger type; Status - Totem - Fire. If you want it to ONLY track Searing Totem (that, by default, will also track other Fire totems like FET and Magma Totem), add the totem name in the text box that asks for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Trigger type; Status - Totem - Fire. If you want it to ONLY track Searing Totem (that, by default, will also track other Fire totems like FET and Magma Totem), add the totem name in the text box that asks for it.
    Wow, can't believe I was so stupid and missed it. Thanks loads mate.

P.S Do you know any good tutorials to learn how to do more complex stuff with WeakAura's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegss View Post
    Wow, can't believe I was so stupid and missed it. Thanks loads mate.

P.S Do you know any good tutorials to learn how to do more complex stuff with WeakAura's?
    Not outside the few there are on the WeakAuras webpage. The best way to get started is to start monkeying with it and seeing what you can do. When I first uploaded my auras, I'd just started using WeakAuras, now I'm using custom LUA code triggers and other fancy stuff.

Deleted
    Endus, wonder if you could lend a hand. Posted in this thread as it is the most relevant and no need to start up another.

I want to set up a WeakAura that displays a warning (in the form of an icon) when there are < 5s left on my Healing Stream Totem (to remind me to Totemic Recall). That being said, it could just be for Water Totems in general and that would be fine.

I can see how to use the Status - Totem - Water as a trigger, but I can only seem to be able to find a yes/no functionality. Is there any way of checking for the duration left and then only trigger when below a certain value?

Endus, wonder if you could lend a hand. Posted in this thread as it is the most relevant and no need to start up another.

I want to set up a WeakAura that displays a warning (in the form of an icon) when there are < 5s left on my Healing Stream Totem (to remind me to Totemic Recall). That being said, it could just be for Water Totems in general and that would be fine.

I can see how to use the Status - Totem - Water as a trigger, but I can only seem to be able to find a yes/no functionality. Is there any way of checking for the duration left and then only trigger when below a certain value?
    Hi, I helped someone with this exact problem by messages on mmo so il copy and paste the message that i sent him. Im pretty new to weakauras myself so if theres a quicker way of doing this, please someone let me know

--

Hey,alright so I have basically set weak auras up to show my healing stream come up in a small icon in the middle of the screen when healing stream has less than 5 second duration left so I can basically recall it when this icon pops and gain the mana back.
    So anyway to do this first open up the weak aura config page with /wa, next create a new icon. under the display tab, make sure cooldown is checked, and i usually change the text to %p as this allows me to see the remaining duration. anyway after go onto the trigger tab, change the type to status and change the status to totem, then the totem type to water and the name to healing stream totem, now you can test this, if you put down a healing stream totem an icon will come up with the full duration in the middle of ur screen. Anyway as I sed before i only have it show when 5 or less seconds remain on the totem, so go back into your setup for the healing stream totem and under the trigger tab click add trigger. This allows us to create another trigger. Then under type click status again. and under status change it to cooldown progress (spell). After change the spell name to healing stream totem. Then scroll down and change the remaining time (with the operator as a < sign) to 20. What this is doing is making the healing stream icon show only if its active and the healing stream cooldown is less than 20, as 20 seconds means the totem has 5 second duration left it works pretty well. Well I hope this has helped to track healing stream totem. If you want to move or resize the icon just move the weak aura options off the icon and then you can drag the icon where you want, clicking in the corners of the icon allows for easy resizing too.
    Anyway im not quite finished with customizing my icon. I also only want it to show when im in my resto spec as its pointless to have it in my ele spec tbh so click on the load tab and change the player class to shaman and talent spec to resto.
    I usually have the icon glow too to make it more noticeable on the screen. Click the actions tab and click the button glow, change the glow action to show. The click on choose, next to the frame text box and after click on your newly created icon.

--

Hope this helped in anyway
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-10 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Hi, I helped someone with this exact problem by messages on mmo so il copy and paste the message that i sent him. Im pretty new to weakauras myself so if theres a quicker way of doing this, please someone let me know
    Many thanks Delaxes, I'll give it a try later

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not outside the few there are on the WeakAuras webpage.
    WeakAuras webpage? I just googled for it and don't see anything. What's the URL?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    WeakAuras webpage? I just googled for it and don't see anything. What's the URL?
    Google harder. It was the second link down. :-)

http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/