Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PvE warr dmg low?

currrent stats: hit-7.74%, expertise:7%, crit:20.30% ilvl462 TG fury, also tried arms but doesn't make that much of a difference. Out of 17 dps im finishing last most of the time with around 45-47k. Duno how other warrs are doing in their raids but i feel like my dmg is really low compared to other classes atm.

I assume you'll want to get hit and Exp cap for a start, other than that you'll have to provide logs and armory.

Deleted
    more or less hit and expertise capped already. //eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Gordon/simple and .worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-juwr7ym5yjuc1cvb/analyze/dd/source/

just type www infront of the links since i can't post links atm
    Last edited by mmoc753839e9f4; 2012-10-04 at 07:49 PM.

Reforge your boots. Check the fury warrior guide for proper gems and enchants, you have a lot of weak gems, for example... and lol haste enchant on gloves, haste is our worst stat by far. I'd also recommend you get a second axe so that you can utilize the orc racial.

I prefer other talents that you have chosen (juggernaut/enraged regen), but that's down to preference and doesn't have very much to do with your damage, after all.

Deleted
    yes i know enchants/gems aren't ideal, but it can't be the reason why im 6-7k behind everyone else on the dps

Gems and enchants, no sockets in bracers/gloves, straight strength red instead of some form of crit gem. Gemmed for hit in shoulders over the cap. Hit on cloak instead of crit. +20 to stats instead of +80. 410 Ilvl trinket from heroic DS (lol?). Reforged out of crit on shoulders instead of hit despite being over cap. There is probably more but yes, all of these things would add up to you being that far behind.

Oh yeah, and avatar instead of bloodbath. I believe bloodbath is superior in dps. At least I see more dps out of it than avatar for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely feel where you are coming from I out geared the majority of my raid and I was still out dps'd by 10-15k on zeng I finished 14th in dps and on Gara'jal I finished 8th which was a stand still dps fight. heres the logs

I also ranked 72nd and 34th on those 2 yet I was 10-15k lower then the rest fo the dps. Bad balancing IMO

Rokugan:

72nd ranking

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/9r2sc...?s=6246&e=6725

34th Ranking

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/9r2sc...?s=8339&e=8706

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokugan View Post
    I completely feel where you are coming from I out geared the majority of my raid and I was still out dps'd by 10-15k on zeng I finished 14th in dps and on Gara'jal I finished 8th which was a stand still dps fight. heres the logs

I also ranked 72nd and 34th on those 2 yet I was 10-15k lower then the rest fo the dps. Bad balancing IMO

Rokugan:

72nd ranking

34th Ranking

Maybe switch to fury, I seem to be doing fine as fury
    Stone guard (rank 8)
    Feng (rank 51)
    Gara (rank 8)

Deleted
    I would have to say that warriors in terms of DPS are currently in the middle of the pile, having said that it may just be due to some bosses just being totally melee unfriendly

Deleted
    Arms is doing fine and looking at logs fury seem to be doing just as good so i don't think it's a problem with the class.

Gara spirit binder (rank 1) 64k with half decent gear is good enough at these gear levels and i doubt any other class pulls a ton more.

Deleted
    maybe im doing something really wrong then, i've updated my gear and fixed some gems/enchants/reforges and also switched glyph of heroic leap for raging wind
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Gordon/simple again just put www infront

Deleted
    I sport SMF myself, and am quite low on the charts, especially with some of the bosses favoring casters.
    I'd try MS/TG, but I've seen literally 0 2h weapons drop from heroic dungeons, not to mention raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Maybe switch to fury, I seem to be doing fine as fury
    Stone guard (rank 8)
    Feng (rank 51)
    Gara (rank 8)
    I too have gone Fury and I'm performing quite well.
    Stone Guard (Rank 5)
    Feng (Rank 2)
    The Spirit Kings (Rank 8)

And none of those logs are from my perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i myself am going for Crit>hit>str>haste>mastery and it works fine for me. Enrage uptime is patetic atm so i am not bothered with mastery.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Not sure how you guys are getting such high damage.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alvin/advanced

Feng
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=716&e=1128

It's like no matter what I do the damage just isn't there.
    A good analogy would be I'm the guy sweating their ass off while the other guy is cool and dry and I'm trailing behind by miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokugan View Post

Rokugan:

72nd ranking

34th Ranking

I actually had the #1 parse on that fight as arms but I can't link it unfortunately since our logs are always made private.

I went over your logs and noticed a few things:

1. You clipped your Enrage with Berserker Rage a couple times, nothing too big but just thought I'd point it out.

2. Your opener and CD usage is quite bad. You should be opening with: (Battle Stance) Shout > Charge> Skull Banner > MS > Avatar/Bloodbath + Synapse Springs > Dragon Roar > Reck > CS+IR > OP... You don't seem to be stacking your cooldowns for that first initial Dragon Roar and you also placed it inside of a CS window which is wasting a GCD since DR passively bypasses armor anyway.

3. You glyph for Death From Above, yet you don't use Heroic Leap a single time. If you're using it properly throughout a fight, it will make up a pretty decent amount of damage. Try working it in.

4. Maybe its WoL but it seems like you were in Berserker Stance the whole time. Stay in Battle the majority of the time then switch to Berserker for
    Epicenter casts, Arcane Resonance phases and for the final burn phase when the boss has stacks and is doing mass AoE.

5. Your CD usage close to 20% is a little off. You used Bloodbath 16sec before your first Execute meaning you didn't get as much damage out of the BB dot as you possibly could have. Also during Execute phase, you wasted a GCD of Reck on Dragon Roar. Just before 20% save up a CS, and all your damage CDs and start pooling rage to the point just below capping. once 19.9% hits, hit CS, pop all CDs and empty your rage bar with execute, only pausing to reapply CS or MS/OP for more rage. When you use that second Reck for execute phase, use potions and Skull Banner with it too.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 02:50 PM ----------

Also @Gordon your Logs look ok but I know your damage would be much much higher if you weren't using BLF on that fight lol :P Idk if that was an oversight but you have 645k damage from Whirling Maw on your damage breakdown lol.

Things you need to look at in your rotation though:

1. You used Skull Banner after you used Dragon Roar which gives it 20% less damage than it could have been doing AND you used it inside of a CS.

2. I noticed that you're using Heroic Leap, but it seems like you forgot about it after the second use lol. Try to use it in your initial opener after a CS as well as trying to line it up with CS every time its off cooldown if you can.

3. You're glyphed for Raging Wind but no Whirlwind damage was in the log.

4. Last thing was that you didn't save any CDs for Execute phase pool that rage and blow them CDs!!
    Last edited by Rustynip; 2012-10-05 at 06:51 PM.

Hey Rustynip would u mind telling me a good opening CD-usage as fury,im new to warrior and im pretty much blow everything at start after BT-CS , and i fell im doing something very wrong thanks

Same I'd like to know why my dps is such crap as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone asked the same question on my guide on the last page. Here's what I have for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    Opening rotation is key. You want to pump out the most damage in that first few seconds while you have all your procs up. The way I do mine is: (Battle Stance) charge> Skull Banner > BT > Avatar/Bloodbath > Dragon Roar > Reck if 0 RB stacks > CS+IR > Reck if 1+ RB stacks > BT...

The reason I check to see my RB stacks before I hit reck is because you don't want to overproc by getting a CS crit and a BT crit when you've already got one stack. BT during reck is guaranteed to proc RB so you don't have to worry about it being unusable.

Another good habit to get into is pre planning your encounters. Look at previous kill times, guilds similar to your's kill times and figure out how many times you're going to be able to use your CDs. For example, my elegon kill is going to be around 9:20-9:45 so that means that reck can only be used twice so you should use it in the beginning then save it for execute phase, avatar can potentially be used 3 times but around the 3 minute mark you're generally on conduit/add phase so it might be a waste but you have to be the judge. Last use should be saved for reck. Continue doing this for all of your offensive and defensive CDs and tailor them around certain aspects of each fight and you'll notice a substantial dps increase.

Quick things to look for would include burn phases, increases boss damage taken phases, saving defensive CDs for points of massive raid damage, etc.

One thing that a lot of people overlook is stance dancing. Yes, it's still alive and well in MoP! Whenever you're in a period of sustained aoe damage or whenever you know you're about to take a decent size chunk of damage, preemptively hope into berserker stance and use it to your advantage. Same applies to defensive stance when you know that the incoming damageight possibly kill you. Just be wary of your threat while in defensive and get out of that stance as soon as you can.

Ill add more and go over your logs later when I get home.

Hope this helped

Thats what I did with feng, but if I was the only warrior in that raid. Wouldn't I have to save my skull banner for heroism? If heroism is used less than 3min into the fight.
    With feng its a little tricky cause after 10secs or less he moves to get fists, and then I'm just chasing. Has anyone had better results to pop all their stuff after he moves to get fists?

I'm not sure if he's out of range of skull banner after he moves or not.