Thread: Bommys nerft?

Bommys nerft?

Hello, i been playing on my boomkin for a while now. But after the release of mop i dont do anny dmg, i actualy did more dmg in lvl 85! will this change or will blizzard just keep boomkins nerft?. sry for bad English. Greetings from mrboomy

We haven't been nerfed in any major way worth mention.

Have you read the latest guides/kept up on things?
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    any1 knows what kind of numbers you should hit on a raiders training dummy to compete in raid dps? without cooldowns i get up 2 about 32-33k

Quote Originally Posted by diktatorjoel View Post
    any1 knows what kind of numbers you should hit on a raiders training dummy to compete in raid dps? without cooldowns i get up 2 about 32-33k
    I'm hovering around 46k on an 85 dummy with starfall hitting all dummies around. My ilvl is 467ish with the epic staff. I'd say u should probably want to pumping at least 40k, not sure as I'm usually resto.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrbommy View Post
    Hello, i been playing on my boomkin for a while now. But after the release of mop i dont do anny dmg, i actualy did more dmg in lvl 85! will this change or will blizzard just keep boomkins nerft?. sry for bad English. Greetings from mrboomy
    Dunno about this, I've been doing pretty well compared to everyone else on my boomkin, I do have the epic staff so it makes it easy but right now, single target, I was almost always a little bit above our next best geared dps (an unholy dk, 468 ilvl ish).

However, everyone in our guild also noticed a dps loss as u start leveling as bosses now require higher levels of hit chance etc. It gets better when you start to get 463 items and fix you gear with proper enchants gems etc.

We're fine. Even in my terrible gear I'm keeping up with everyone else.

Deleted
    Boomkins are good, enough said, they aint bad atm, if they would do any changes to boomkings they would nerf us, because we are so viable for every fight so far in mogushan,

Stone guards = Boomkins fucking rock!
    Feng = We are good, nothing special, easy to jump out when u get wild spark and to run in again with roar. and also when u stacking up in last phase
    spiritbinder = We are good, nothing speciel here either, we do good dps. this boss is just basicly stand and nuke.. also its good when voodos downstairs dont die, they damage u and owlking frenzy procs.
    Spirit kings = We are viable we have easy time to avoid damage with wild charge and roar, 3 mushrooms to break MC is good, we have good time to acctually stand and dps,
    Elegon = We are just amazing here.. we have a easy time to dps the sparks that spawn, all u need to do is to force a starsurge proc, with a starsurge proc u can almoste kill 2 sparks the first 2-3 waves, and u have amazing execute with all your cds in last phase!
    Emperor = We are very good here aswell, alot of multi dotting alot of instant starsurge procs, u typhoon for the adds and also vortex, wich makes this fight so much easier its not even funny, mooving to kill the shield add is easy just roar for everyone then wild charge = GG then when the acctual bosses spawn your starfall will be even more crazy, when u are hitting atleast 2 mobs all the time, most likely it will hit about 3-5 everytime, the only negative part about this boss for a boomking is that your cds are to big to use early since everything dies so fast. u are very good for this fight, but the dps meter dont like you on this fight, even if its easy to put out retarded numbers, u could still have done alot more if there was acctually somthing to dps alot of the time.

yea, im using the noxxic guide but im not geard to good, mostly blues. But thougth my dps woud be better. if u look at the dps overview at the noxxic guide (coud not post link cuz havent been member long enuff:/). but you see that the dps isnt to good. but yea i will just keep gearing up and see Peace!

You can take a look on raidbots and see how things look ...

http:// raidbots. com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/ 10N/100/14/60/default/

It will depend how we and the rest scale with gear. The simulation with t14 hc gear seems rather bleak I must say.

http:// simulationcraft. org/505/ Raid_T14H.html

A little tip for Feng is to put symbiosis onto a DK so you get Anti-Magic Shell. Use AMS every second epicenter, tanks use null shield every other.

This allows you to completely avoid epicenter for the first phase which will push you ahead. (assuming tank using null shield).

Fourth boss is completly shit for us because there is so much movement involved. All other bosses i've been top 5 so i'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflomnom View Post
    A little tip for Feng is to put symbiosis onto a DK so you get Anti-Magic Shell. Use AMS every second epicenter, tanks use null shield every other.
    OH MY GOD, I'm stupid. Thank you for this! Can't believe I never thought about that. Can't wait for H. Feng now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    We haven't been nerfed in any major way worth mention.
    Not 100% true..

Boomkin DoTs have been nerfed from 18 sec each to 12 sec each. This means we'll have to cast our DoTs 50% more often than before. That is quite a big nerf, in my book, as you loose 4 GCDs per full eclipse cycle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not 100% true..

Boomkin DoTs have been nerfed from 18 sec each to 12 sec each. This means we'll have to cast our DoTs 50% more often than before. That is quite a big nerf, in my book, as you loose 4 GCDs per full eclipse cycle..
    I don't have to refresh my dots during an eclipse anyways, just reforge into crit after haste breakpoints and you'll be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not 100% true..

Except that crits extend DoT duration.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Except that crits extend DoT duration.
    Which starfire used to do, 3x 3 seconds, so that is pretty much even..

Nerfed? We're not particulary special? Let me tell every balance druid here who feels their doing a low amount of dps. Use WoL, analyze your gameplay and improve. Balance druids are very strong at the moment, anyone denying that fact does not know how to play one. I am competing among top 5 in every single fight in our raids. All you need to do is to play better. Don't even start a discussion where you feel boomkins are underpowered , cause they are far from it.

One other major factor to add to your dps is efficiency. Maximizing your efficiency at every encounter will boost your dps by loads. Analyse your gameplay after each wipe, think about what you could do better. How little can I move and still be efficient? How can I maximize my dps while moving and still get into my rotation after a while. I'd say the best encounter so far to really prove your worth as a boomkin is the Stone Guards.

Final words:

Balance druids are now a very strong specc!

15+ Year Old Account
    Which starfire used to do, 3x 3 seconds, so that is pretty much even..
    Except that no one glyphed that, and Wrath didn't extend Sunfire before. Nor did Starfire extend Sunfire.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Not 100% true..

Sorry, bud. Not a nerf. I think that you need to do some more research before throwing your arms up and saying "WE'VE BEEN NERFED!" when you're not doing the dps that you think you should be doing. As others have stated, use WoL. Check your uptimes. See what you can improve on.

As Sunfyre said, crits refresh dots. Crit rating also gets us cycled through eclipses faster, depending on your RNG with Shooting Stars. I definitely don't use 4 GCD's on dots each eclipse cycle.