Is Mithril wristwatch really BiS until elegon trinket for Fire?

I'm going to start playing fire again, and I've been noticing a lot of fire mages using the Brewfest trinket over the Flashfrozen Resin Globule, and the Vision of the Predator. Is it really better? Or do people just not have the other two.

Also, this is assuming the mage already has the Darkmoon Faire trinket, and is also hit capped.

There is this beautiful thing called "Simulationcraft" Should give it a shot!

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is in fact much worse.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    No, it is in fact much worse.
    That's what I thought as well, just so many fire mages using it, and I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    That's what I thought as well, just so many fire mages using it, and I couldn't wrap my head around it.
    It's easy to get, and boosts Ilvl.

When you're trying to compare Epeen with the armory, ILvl is the only scale of measurement, sadly.

In this case, go with your gut.

It's a case of not having the 463 trinkets (rare as they are, rare as getting Gate of the Setting Sun in my randoms as that trinket would be my preferred choice) and the Brewfest being very timely in the beginning for an easy holdover trinket choice, along with the 450 engineering trinket.

Deleted
    Simcraft doesn´t simming the proc of this trinket, but I would´t use it, because of it´s new proc mechanic called Real PPM. It is calculating like this: RPPM * Haste * seconds procced last time. So in Raids if you pull the boss there are 0 seconds and you need just luck for your first procc.
    I haved tried this trinket on Stone Guard heroic and after the first try, I realized, that I have waited 55 seconds until its first proc and tossed it in favour for another one (463)

*Edit*

It is just an assumption!
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2012-10-16 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Simcraft doesn´t simming the proc of this trinket, but I would´t use it, because of it´s new proc mechanic called Real PPM. It is calculating like this: RPPM * Haste * seconds procced last time. So in Raids if you pull the boss there are 0 seconds and you need just luck for your first procc. I haved tried this trinket on Stone Guard heroic and after the first try, I realized, that I have waited 55 seconds until its first proc and tossed it in favour for another one (463)
    RPPM is not used for trinkets currently

I've got the darkmoon trinket + the int trinket from heroics. I do also own the wristwarch, but I prefer int over crit (which everyone else should do, too). Later on you can get another trinket via reputation. I think this will also replace the Elegon trinket. Int is always better even when the number is a little lower then a secondary stat (1000 int > 1100 crit)

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's easy to get, and boosts Ilvl.

When you're trying to compare Epeen with the armory, ILvl is the only scale of measurement, sadly.
    so true. people goes "oh shit high ilvl! probobly better then blue!". Personally i prefer the mist trinkets since they have far better procs and cd's that match the current playstyle
    Last edited by naowin; 2012-10-16 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    RPPM is not used for trinkets currently
    Well I didn´t find a source for that either, but have you checked the procrate of the first proc? I assume that RPPM is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only question about the "Real PPM" is if the new system ONLY applies to...
    This new proc mechanic is only used for Windsong and Elemental Force currently. Depending on how it works, we may use it for more procs going forward, but are unlikely to apply it to previous procs. We chose to apply it to Windsong and Elemental Force because their existing proc mechanic was problematic and significantly underperforming for a many of its intended users, so the change was almost universally a buff.
    Readable at latest News here on MMO

Deleted
    Well I didn´t find a source for that either, but have you checked the procrate of the first proc? I assume that RPPM is used.
    If your trinket did take 55 seconds to proc, it had prolly procced already pre-pull, maybe from invocation(?) or trash etc.

Blue post:
    This new proc mechanic is only used for Windsong and Elemental Force currently. Depending on how it works, we may use it for more procs going forward, but are unlikely to apply it to previous procs. We chose to apply it to Windsong and Elemental Force because their existing proc mechanic was problematic and significantly underperforming for a many of its intended users, so the change was almost universally a buff.

Deleted
    ExtraCD is a nice addon that tracks internal cooldowns of trinkets and class abilities. It's also good if your Alter Time is off cd to check if you should save a Pyro or have enough time to get another one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wristwatch is terrible as all hell, for its item level.
    Most, if not all, 363 trinkets (that are good for mage), are better.

Light of cosmos is only good for a few weeks, untill we get terrace..

Then its all about Relic + Essence of terror

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Wristwatch is terrible as all hell, for its item level.
    Most, if not all, 363 trinkets (that are good for mage), are better.

Light of cosmos is only good for a few weeks, untill we get terrace..

Then its all about Relic + Essence of terror

Pretty much this.

Also if you're an alchemist, the alchemist stone is VERY good. It's better then the brewfest trinket.

Much better trinkets available, like many have said. Most mages only use it due to the ease of getting it and lack of getting better (i hope) Some may believe higher ilvl = better.

Running with relic and one that has an on use for 4k int, but i am playing as frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    Readable at latest News here on MMO
    Oh, post me some blue quotes of some recent stealth nerfs and buffs while you're at it.... Do you really think I´m not able to read the frontpage?

I´ll summarize that for you:

I have no source for my assertion, but I´ve done a lot of tests and research recently and I have no other explanation for the weird behavior of the trinket
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2012-10-16 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, post me some blue quotes of some recent stealth nerfs and buffs while you're at it.... Do you really think I´m not able to read the frontpage?

I´ll summarize that for you:

I have no source for my assertion, but I´ve done a lot of tests and research recently and I have no other explanation for the weird behavior of the trinket

Trinket seemed to work just normal when I tested it against target dummys. Post link to Wol logs boss pull where its not working properly. Also even if trinket used new Real PPM system, it would not cause it proc that slowly.

15+ Year Old Account
    higher ilvl doesn't always mean its good.