Deleted

Dealing damage as a PVP warrior. Anything I should know?

ATM I seem to be under playing the class IMO. I don't tend to get out damaged often but when I do ( aside from being globalled by like .. ele mage or something ) its usually to a DK / warrior. I obviously believe that they are more than likely more skilled at the class than me but I was wondering what is it that makes them out damage me.

I tend to use CS > OP > MS > Slam > HS . then I stack TFB and try and fit them into a burst / CS combo.

I don't tend to just burst ALL cds at once instead try and pick moments where the enemy CD's are down / low and go from there. I usually use PVP str trink with Orc racial and reck. then the next push for damage moment I will use avatar and crit banner. then orc racial and str trink then avatar, banner and reck to push for a finish. usually I get there but some obviously circumstances change.

Help If I'm doing anything wrong / just being an all out retard :P.

ty in advance.

Now, While i might be drastically mistaken, but wouldn't you want to stack Banner with Recklessness? thats pretty obvious synergy to me, increased critical strike chance and increased critical damage...

DK's will almost all the time outdamage you in a BG, howling blast all day.

Warriors have so much more to bring than damage, so I never really care about it.

Deleted
    You should be stacking your CDs, their combined output is enough to 3vs1 most average people in a BG, not to mention their synergy (Skull banner is extremely meh when not used with reck). I'd argue keeping Avatar on its own bind mainly due to its root/slow breaking. Make sure you're sitting in the correct stance for the situation, there isn't much to do to put out damage prioritise harder hitting abilites and try and stack Taste for Blood before using an HS.

Outside of CDs I wouldn't say warrior damage is crazy, gag order, shockwave, disarms, charge, aoe interrupts, mass spell reflect is what really lands your kills. Not to mention with Second wind you can survive a long time if you turtle up.

So no, you're not doing anything wrong, but I would stack your CDs combined their pressure is far more effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post

Warriors have so much more to bring than damage, so I never really care about it.
    Howling Blast is barely used anymore, false statement there bro.

Deleted
    Well thats a lie.

OT: Thanks alot. Think I may have misread the tooltip for the banner :/ and yeh I have avatar on its own CD. thing is I get out damaged but get the win anyway so its never bothered me too much just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing something stupid and not realised thanks alot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post

Dks are also much squishier than warriors and they also have no CC. In a 1v1, a warrior should never lose to a frost dk.

Deleted
    Step by step guide:
    1. place your head to left end of your keyboard
    2. perform smooth roll to right end of your keyboard
    3. watch ppl getting 3 shotted
    4. if everyone isnt dead yet, repeat
    5. if u somehow manage to get below 35% just start rolling a bit faster and watch ur 2nd wind overheal everything

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-12 at 01:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    Step by step guide:
    1. place your head to left end of your keyboard
    2. perform smooth roll to right end of your keyboard
    3. watch ppl getting 3 shotted
    4. if everyone isnt dead yet, repeat
    5. if u somehow manage to get below 35% just start rolling a bit faster and watch ur 2nd wind overheal everything
    Wow, I followed your guide and now I do much better in pvp on my mage. Not sure what you mean by nr.5, though. Will mages get a passive heal ?! It would sure be the last thing they are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutuwa View Post
    We must be running different BGs because everyone I run thats all dks use is HB spam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutuwa View Post
    Um, wrong. As 2H frost DK in PvP I definitely use HB.

Deleted
    The gear most of us has access to is pretty bad atm. Most of us roll with sub 20% crit chance etc so that isn't doing us any favors. Seeing 10k, 15k 13k popping up isn't exactly exciting.

Personally i roll with this macro /Cast Avatar /Cast recklessness /Cast Skull Banner /Cast Berserker Rage. Then i go to town with my burst.

Deleted
    I try to let the party to use some defensive cooldowns first.
    CS > MS > OP > SLAM is my attack order.. ill try to save up TbF as high as possible minimum of 3 stacks.
    As soon as the party uses defensive cooldowns and that I am pretty sure that he cant bypass my burst.

Try to stack up TbF to 5 (it will give 100k+ crits in Avatar + Trinket + Berserker Rage)
    CS Followed by a full 4s Shockwave pop all cooldowns and throw in the MS HS OP followed by Slam spam and your target is insta dead xD