Poll: Should this be Legal

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This is what I dislike. Just like the thread that had the cop shot a disabled man. Somehow him being disabled as any way to do with him being shot. The title of the thread is accurate. Wordily differently but says he will have to cut jobs. Maybe he didn't say vote for Mitt. It's fairly obvious.
    no, the title is not accurate, he never said he would "your all fired if obama wins" he didn't even say he would lay off everyone if taxes went up, just that there would be layoffs if taxes went up. you are sensationalizing the story, which is something that deeply annoys me, I can't listen to talk radio for more then 5 minutes because of folks putting words into other folks mouths like that all the time.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read the article, but I didn't see a 'you're all fired if obama wins' comment,
    he's just a big supporter of the other guy, who pressures his employees to also support the other guy.
    he's not saying, 'I'll find out which of you voted for obama and fire you' or anything.
    I think it's probably legal; and while it possibly sucks for the workers to work in that kind of environment, it's doesn't seem horrible.

Well in that case, every CEO should just send out passive aggressive emails to their employees, threatening change if things don't go their way. Because that's positive and stuff.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    no, the title is not accurate, he never said he would "your all fired if obama wins" he didn't even say he would lay off everyone if taxes went up, just that there would be layoffs if taxes went up. you are sensationalizing the story, which is something that deeply annoys me, I can't listen to talk radio for more then 5 minutes because of folks putting words into other folks mouths like that all the time.
    Par for the course, unfortunately.

Someone who loses their job over it will probably shoot him in the face or something afterwards, and like in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, all our hearts will grow an extra size that day.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Im surprised more people dont realize how things work in a business. Less money for me = less money for you. Higher operating costs arent magically absorbed.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Someone who loses their job over it will probably shoot him in the face or something afterwards, and like in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, all our hearts will grow an extra size that day.
    Are you actually advocating the murder of this man?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Im surprised more people dont realize how things work in a business. Less money for me = less money for you. Higher operating costs arent magically absorbed.
    Higher personal income taxes do no in any way effect the bottom line of the business.

Just another peace loving progressive here, nothing to see. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    I read the article, but I didn't see a 'you're all fired if obama wins' comment,
    he's just a big supporter of the other guy, who pressures his employees to also support the other guy.
    he's not saying, 'I'll find out which of you voted for obama and fire you' or anything.
    I think it's probably legal; and while it possibly sucks for the workers to work in that kind of environment, it's doesn't seem horrible.
    It's pretty obvious what he is saying. He even pen's it out to his workers. It's legit and just because you don't like seeing the title doesn't mean it's not true. It's a debate long over due and he's saying if Obama is re-elected those ppl will lose their job. Don't worry about the title so much as the actual message.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Are you actually advocating the murder of this man?
    Advocating? No.

I just wouldn't feel particularly bad about it if someone went that route.

But then I'm a practical sort.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Don't worry about the title so much as the actual message.
    So, you're looking at what this guy is saying through the lens of your personal bias, and then you're surprised when other people don't interpret it the exact same way that you do?
    You should get out more

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Ho ho, look out for the chops on this guy.

Shame I''m not a liberal or progressive, and I just call things as I see them.

But, you know, whatever makes you feel witty.

Advocating? No.

I just wouldn't feel particularly bad about it if someone went that route.

But then I'm a practical sort.
    Nothing very practical about it.

I just hope your not in a position of power I.E. Policeman etc etc.

Thats how all rational practical believe in solving problems i guess though....by seeing people with opposite opinions to yours eliminated.

It's pretty obvious what he is saying. He even pen's it out to his workers. It's legit and just because you don't like seeing the title doesn't mean it's not true. It's a debate long over due and he's saying if Obama is re-elected those ppl will lose their job. Don't worry about the title so much as the actual message.
    At no point did he say if Obama was reelected he'd have to downsize.

He very specifically said if new taxes were levied on him (as the current president intends to) he'd have to downsize.

I'm afraid I haven't seen the financial reports of this guy's company at all, let alone analyzed them to the point where I could make an educated assessment over whether or not higher taxes would have much effect on them. I do, however, know that the title of this topic is horribly inaccurate and a flat out lie. I don't really like his email, but I don't like much of anything when politics are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    At no point did he say if Obama was reelected he'd have to downsize.

He very specifically said if new taxes were levied on him (as the current president intends to) he'd have to downsize.
    The president wants to reduce corporate taxes. If that means this guy has to lay off workers he's really bad at business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    He can't compel them to vote in a given way.
    Well, he can't legally force his voters to vote for one candidate or the other, but he can certainly attempt to do so....and he can certainly be sued for voter intimidation.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierson View Post
    Yes, Influencing Voters should be illegal.
    Influencing them is what ads are all about. So they are more than legal, they are protected rights.

Extorting votes is entirely illegal, and is prosecutable under most laws.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You really want to start making sweeping generalizations based on a guy on the internet? Is that a game you want to start playing?