Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Surprised that so few people are raiding

http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results

Out of the 2.7 million that purchased MoP, only 900,000 have leveled to 90 (33%).

Of that 900k, only 136,000 have killed a boss (5% of those that purchased, 15% of those that leveled, 1% of 10 million playerbase)
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Wait for the inevitable nerfs

somehow doesnt surprise me

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very close to raiding, there's just so much to do I feel like I'm not there yet.

"PVE game."

rofl

Im pretty sure most people still work on their gear/lvls. Or monks
    Im also sure we will see a lot more people raid with lfr up on both US and EU. Actual normal raids wont get started for real until a few more weeks have gone (more geared people around, more people whos given the bosses a try or 2 etc etc)
    Last edited by KaziOfTheSkies; 2012-10-09 at 10:39 PM.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Im pretty sure most people still work on their gear/lvls. Or monks
    pretty much this. give it a few weeks when more ppl got gear.
    so far i only unlocked 1 valor point item from the klaxxi. but no points to buy it :P been slacking running dungeons.
    also i am not in a real hurry anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding isn't a solo activity. It requires at least 10 players also ready to raid. While I (and many others) am 90 and raid ready not all (less than half) of my raid grp is also ready to do so. We are not waiting for nerfs. We are waiting for our friends to get geared and then we will begin.. Either this weekend or next our raid progression will commence. Not everyone raids in an atmosphere where all their team members are able to readjust RL schedules to get quickly levelled and at least somewhat geared. That it might take 2-4 weeks (or more) to have an entire raid team ready to roll is fine...in fact one might argue it increases the lifespan of the content and reduces chance of burnout later in the tier.

It works for me...why I (or anyone) should worry about how many other people are already raiding is beyond me.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    "PVE game."

rofl
    You're rofling at that? Given the effort involved in getting to 90 and getting gear, I think these numbers are quite heartening. Remember, exactly one raid has been open exactly one week. If you look at the players involved in raiding dragon soul (or even firelands), you'll see that it is, in fact, a pve game- with lots of people all about the raiding.

Many players won't raid until the "cherry has been popped" and the raids are all lubed up for them.

Many players won't raid until they are 90.

Many players won't raid until they have gear.

Many players won't raid until LFR is going- which starts today, so check again at the end of this week.

Many players can't kill a boss yet, but that will change this week.

So yes, WoW is very much a pve game. 2/3rds of the players are levelling (pve), and of the ones at the top level, many are still spamming dungeons (pve).

And how to count players that raid, arena, and battleground?

In fact, what percent of players are in arenas? That's a much lower barrier to entry this week than the first raid is!

I take my time leveling. I can't sit there and play this game for ten hours or more rarely anymore without getting ancy to do something else, and I like reading each quest, only doing a 5 man when I discover it first hand, and I usually walk instead of run when I am in brand new territory.

I am now about 4 bars from 89 I think. I plan on queuing for LFR as soon as possible.

As of today, I just opened the gate to the Veil of Eternal Blossoms.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Might just be too early still, but somehow i guess the reports im getting from friends who played mists and quit are more widespread.
    They thought they were tired of cata for not having anything new, but nope, they were tired of WoW itself, sooo didnt last long

Deleted
    Not fun to raid if you have to spend all your spare time farming dungeons and doing dailies for the best possible pre raid gear. I'd rather join a semi hardcore guild mid heroic progression in two months time (when progression finally gets bearable, difficult and fun) and skip the VP/dungeon farming/BoE drop gearing step completely.

Every guild raids far more than their planned schedule in the start of an expansion, until they reach some sort of cockblock and realise that they aren't that great. So once everything gets more casually I'll probably start raiding again. Afterall finding a raiding spot is never the issue if you got a decent raiding history and logs as proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    We always start late. Our main tank levels incredibly slowly. We'll be far from making server firsts, but we'll keep pace once we start, but that isn't going to be for a couple weeks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    I'm very close to raiding, there's just so much to do I feel like I'm not there yet.
    There is more to do in the game at max level than ever before. More than just raiding. People taking their time more than in previous expansions. Including myself. The OP doesn't seem to understand what we're doing and interprets it as some sort of failure of the expansion...

Can't say i'm suprised. The game has only been out 2 weeks.... I've not had time to do more than a couple of bgs and I still haven't tried out pet battles yet and this is despite playing at least 8 hours a day since release.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    It works for me...why I (or anyone) should worry about how many other people are already raiding is beyond me.
    Because it begs the question, if only 1% of the playerbase raids, how long will Blizzard continue to pour so much development resources into raids?

It's just very different than what has happened with the last couple of expacs.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

i think people are just taking more time in general. i know i am. Its my first xpac i haven't been raiding right off the bat. I actually had my first ever break from wow for 5 months in cata :O so i just joined/lead a tiny 10 man guild and we're just trying to fill out our roster atm

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There is more to do in the game at max level than ever before.
    I lol'd.

I guess you meant all those pointless boring lame dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Because it begs the question, if only 1% of the playerbase raids, how long will Blizzard continue to pour so much development resources into raids?

^This basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post

A lot more than 1% of the player base raids... just not this soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    How many hundreds of thousands are in the same situation as I am, waiting for my guild to get enough 90s to maintain 10 raiders.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.