Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Raiding isn't a solo activity. It requires at least 10 players also ready to raid. While I (and many others) am 90 and raid ready not all (less than half) of my raid grp is also ready to do so. We are not waiting for nerfs. We are waiting for our friends to get geared and then we will begin.. Either this weekend or next our raid progression will commence. Not everyone raids in an atmosphere where all their team members are able to readjust RL schedules to get quickly levelled and at least somewhat geared. That it might take 2-4 weeks (or more) to have an entire raid team ready to roll is fine...in fact one might argue it increases the lifespan of the content and reduces chance of burnout later in the tier.

It works for me...why I (or anyone) should worry about how many other people are already raiding is beyond me.
    This. All but one person in my team is 90 and geared, and the straggler is due to some major RL issues. We don't care about being ultra competitive, just want to enjoy and kill the content and have fun while doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    All by design I'm guessing. Instead of making more their making YOU do more with less.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Zero reason to rush through all the content, then whine that there isn't anything to do..

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    All by design I'm guessing. Instead of making more their making YOU do more with less.
    Except there is more to do, which means this makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    you didn't even answer my question. If you are not raiding then what are you doing? leveling another alt? broken pvp? wandering around the countryside looking for something to do? grinding gear in dungeons for what purpose if you don't intend on using it for raiding?
    I thought it was rhetorical, as I've seen the expression a thousand times practically. But I really don't expect to hear anything more than what I'd expect with you phrasing things like "broken pvp" and "what purpose if you don't intend it for raiding".

I already get a sense of you dismissing things outside of raiding as frivolous fluff, so I don't see the need for opening myself up to further scrutiny. Maybe I'm just damaged goods and you're a swell fella.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Because it begs the question, if only 1% of the playerbase raids, how long will Blizzard continue to pour so much development resources into raids?

It's just very different than what has happened with the last couple of expacs.
    It isn't.

I'm pretty sure that not more than 1% of the playerbase already killed a boss in Cataclysm in the first raid week.

Most players aren't hardcore, and aren't ready to raid yet. I play 4-5 hours a night and I'm not 90 yet. (started from level 1 on xpac day with my monk) My guild has 1 person level 90 right now, a few level 89s, and a bunch of people 88-86. At some point we will raid/LFR at worst. We have just been having fun doing our professions, pet battling, some even enjoy farming, and doing dailies. We're in no rush. These raids will be out for a while before a new one pops up. Who cares if you're fully raid geared in the first few weeks or near the end of the patch? Doesn't really make a difference.

Not many people raid really lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even made it to lvl 90 yet. Real life has derailed my progress and I've tried the monk starting area twice now. In my tiny guild only 2 people have reached 90 and they did that in the last couple of days.

Once I do reach 90 I'm going to have to start the gear grind to get my item level high enough but I also want to get my DK up so that I can have a tank as well as a healer available to my guild (my priest is at level 89). Also I've been itching to use my druid again. So much to do, so little time.

Deleted
    Woah the game just came out, people is just hitting 90 and getting gear, relax.

A surprisingly low amount of people actually raid normal and heroic modes. This is nothing new; a while back MMO Champion did an armory poll, looked up all level 85s that had killed raid bosses during 4.2. I can't remember exact numbers, but I think it was like 1% of all level 85s had killed Shannox on normal. Might've been more, but I don't think it was above 10%.

This is why LFR was developed; so Blizzard can justify spending so much time on developing raids. Without LFR, raids would cease to be (or be vastly different to what they're like currently). So the next time you get elitist and complain about LFR... Remember that without it, your precious raids would be WAY different. You'd probably lose your heroic mode raids entirely, so Blizzard could spend more time on content for the majority of the player base: the non-raiders.

Honestly, I'm surprised that many people are raiding already. The expansion has only been out for 2 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Except there is more to do, which means this makes no sense.
    There's nothing else that's fun to do.

Raiders have always a minority in the game, always.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    There's nothing else that's fun to do.
    For you. Clearly the other 99% of the population disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho42 View Post
    Zero reason to rush through all the content, then whine that there isn't anything to do..
    yea im pretty sure Blizz is gating content for that very reason. Also to keep sub numbers up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think the decline of 25-man raiding is a major factor in this. 10 man teams are more intimate with more specific requirements to fill, they're much more intimidating for an outsider to join and just slot in. LFR is going to be a factor as well, it just feels more comfortable than ever for people to stay away from the raiding guilds entirely.

The LFR/LFD mentalities along with achievement demands has just killed pug groups for the non-raiders to be involved in. Outside of stuff like sha/voa/bh
    Last edited by Aurora; 2012-10-10 at 03:04 PM.

Well I think that people are still levelling and gearing up so a lot of guilds arent raiding yet but the introduction of LFR will boost the amount of boss kills substantially no doubt

Yeah. There's plenty of people still leveling and gearing up.

Give it time.

Or, as the Pandas say, "Slow down. Life is to be savored."

Deleted
    Still waiting for some people to ding 90 and get equipment. Had one random raid and killed two bosses.

But still, need dat raid. :>