Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gear just got ninja'ed. Curious about why.

So I'm playing MoP and I queue for a random dungeon.

The guy who queued as a healer, rolls need and takes my DPS trinket.

I raged pretty hard and told the group that I was rolling need on everything I could.

Sure enough, a healer ring (IE. it had spirit on it) dropped, I rolled need and took it.

I tried to trade it to the healer for the trinket, but he already had rings that were better =/

SO that was fun >_>

Did Blizzard ever explain why a healer can roll on dps trinkets? Or why me, a warlock, can roll need on spirit gear?

Because Blizzard doesn't want to take the extra step to prevent it from happening is why.

No Hopefully they will soon tho!
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

How is this being ninja'd again? Because you told the group that you were laying claim to everything you wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't want to take the extra step to prevent it from happening is why.
    I doubt they care long as the money is rolling in.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliff View Post
    So I'm playing MoP and I queue for a random dungeon.

The guy who queued as a healer, rolls need and takes my DPS trinket.

I raged pretty hard and told the group that I was rolling need on everything I could.

Sure enough, a healer ring (IE. it had spirit on it) dropped, I rolled need and took it.

I tried to trade it to the healer for the trinket, but he already had rings that were better =/

SO that was fun >_>

Did Blizzard ever explain why a healer can roll on dps trinkets? Or why me, a warlock, can roll need on spirit gear?
    Love your display pic to death.

Curious as to why ? People are dicks. I have had pretty much all my DPS gear ninja'd by tanks or holy paladins. Then when I roll with guildies nothing but tank gear drops, my off-tank set is almost the same ilvl as my DPS set.

There can't be an LFR type loot system in 5 mans, the players need to distribute it themselves, the only problem is most people are selfish assholes about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well think about it this way, if you level your Paladin as protection 85-90 you're only gonna have prot gear on 90. How are you ever going to reroll if you don't have any gear to play as healer/Retri and can't need on holy/retri gear as the specc you're currently playing. Sure I do hate ninjas to, I rage hard when they take my shit. But I do understand why a healer/tank can roll for a tank/healer item.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Check this out, ran dung with 2 friends (scholo). This awesome agi trinket dropped... And I was unable to roll need. As a hunter. I meant like - wtf? Then I realised I am the ONLY GOD DAMN ONE in the group unable to do so (my friends, healer priest and mage were able). It ended up alright, as my friends won this item for me and simply traded, but still, wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooops nm

/10char

Well when I queue as a healer I roll on dps gear as well if there are no other plate dps in the group. Plate tanks don't count, they are rolling on dps for offspec just like I am so it's fair game. I see nothing wrong with it.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    a mage decided to need on the stamina trinket from Coren Direbrew that at the time i needed it. /facepalm

Deleted
    I'm able to need on mail and leather gear as a shadowpriest, something's seriously off with the current loot system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Check this out, ran dung with 2 friends (scholo). This awesome agi trinket dropped... And I was unable to roll need. As a hunter. I meant like - wtf? Then I realised I am the ONLY GOD DAMN ONE in the group unable to do so (my friends, healer priest and mage were able). It ended up alright, as my friends won this item for me and simply traded, but still, wtf.
    my friend have simillar problem he run one of mists dungeons and dps plate droped but hunter need on that and ninja it lol, how it is possible that hunter can need on plate you ask me, he can't even equip it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    I doubt they care long as the money is rolling in.
    Yeah, just like a map opening animation. Just like SAOO lighting, just like real time shadows, just like a water update, just like transmogging, just like changing the LFR looting system, Blizzard never goes out of their way to do anything more than the bare minimum they need to get your money.

In truth, it takes changing some very deeply ingrained systems in the game to alter the looting system. They said this already when LFR was a problem and they changed it.

For all we know Blizzard thinks you should be able to roll on your offspec so you can DPS while you level. But indeed it is so bitchin' when you see through the corporate conspiracies the fan boys are blinded by.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:03 PM ----------

I farmed the DPS plate chest in the Jade Temple all day long last week, on the 8th run it drops, and the tank needs it. That ruined a really good day for a minute. But I got it on the next or the run after that.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Well when I queue as a healer I roll on dps gear as well if there are no other plate dps in the group. Plate tanks don't count, they are rolling on dps for offspec just like I am so it's fair game. I see nothing wrong with it.
    If you queue as a healer you should be able to need only on healers things, of course you can ask if you can need for off spec etc, but if dps needs a ring, chest or a sword and since that is his main spec he should have the priority of having that items.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Curious as to why ? People are dicks. I have had pretty much all my DPS gear ninja'd by tanks or holy paladins. Then when I roll with guildies nothing but tank gear drops, my off-tank set is almost the same ilvl as my DPS set.

There can't be an LFR type loot system in 5 mans, the players need to distribute it themselves, the only problem is most people are selfish assholes about it.
    No offence but you are mistaken, i kinda do not get why people behave in such way, because most people that i know in the guild, or by being friends with them aren't and i kinda met a lot of people from 2007 and kinda no one did that ninja except lfr or lfd.
    Last edited by mmoc582315ea92; 2012-10-09 at 11:06 PM.

You list all these supposedly groundbreaking changes, Blizzard earns $100M+ a month from their subscriber base for the past, almost 8 years...and that's what they've improved upon in the game. Pokemon and lots of shining lights...brilliant. Transmog was introduced because the art teams responsible for the old armor sets were all gone and they were sick of people saying "I wish it looked like Bloodfang armor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Yeah, just like a map opening animation. Just like SAOO lighting, just like real time shadows, just like a water update, just like transmogging, just like changing the LFR looting system, Blizzard never goes out of their way to do anything more than the bare minimum they need to get your money.

In truth, it takes changing some very deeply ingrained systems in the game to alter the looting system. They said this already when LFR was a problem and they changed it.

For all we know Blizzard thinks you should be able to roll on your offspec so you can DPS while you level. But indeed it is so bitchin' when you see through the corporate conspiracies the fan boys are blinded by.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 06:03 PM ----------

I farmed the DPS plate chest in the Jade Temple all day long last week, on the 8th run it drops, and the tank needs it. That ruined a really good day for a minute. But I got it on the next or the run after that.
    They should add something from the lfr to lfd for example if dps plate drops and you are plate dps you should have the priority roll on this item.

Happened to me a few times.
    I'm a Monk tank, so i use pretty much DPS Leather gear, i've had Resto Druids needing my gear a few times now.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Feel for you bro, I really Do but in 5 mans all loot is up for grabs.

While the players with some sense of decency while pass OS gear to another players Main Spec, some players these days have this -All about me attitude- and dont give two shits about anyone else, and then there are players who will need on items they will never use "for the lulz".

Run with the guild/friends or expect this shit to happen

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

This is ninjaing? Needing for offspec?

Does anyone else remember when Ninja was stealing teh two drops from a 40 man raid boss, pissing off an already ornry group of 39 people? Now just working on more than 1 set at a time is "Ninja".