Apple Cinema Display

I'm curious if anyone is using an Apple Cinema Display 27 inch, on their PC? Is it even possible? I ask this question because I really love the look of it. I love the graphics it seems to put out. If not possible is anything comparable for the PC?

While I don't have one it is possible to use the 27" ACD on most PCs. You need a displayport. You can adjust the brightness etc as well via some apps.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see why it wouldnt be possible, my buddy runs one on his hackintosh, and they do look incredible. i have no clue what their price/performance is, im sure someone else has a better one for less though.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

it's the same panel as the korean monitors and the dell ultrasharp 27.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the apple 27" screen is something around 1000 euros (about 1300$), which is insanely expensive for a monitor.

The screen also has a delay of 12MS, which is 2-4 times as high as some gamers would see as the absolute max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    The screen also has a delay of 12MS, which is 2-4 times as high as some gamers would see as the absolute max.
    response time cant be compared between panel technologies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    it's the same panel as the korean monitors and the dell ultrasharp 27.
    Actually, not entirely true. Not sure about the Korean monitors, but the U2711 uses a newer iteration of the panel compared to the ACD.

The ACD uses the LM270WQ1 and the U2711 uses the LM270WQ2. The difference is A-FRC (dithering, basically mimicking 10bit):
    The U2711′s LM270WQ2 panel sports an 8-bit + A-FRC while the Thunderbolt Display’s LM270WQ1 is an 8-bit LCD.
    Also, the average GTG response time of the U2711 is 6ms (or rather, the panel). The maximum is 12 ms for the U2711 and 14 ms for the ACD.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-10-10 at 01:41 PM.

I love this because it is a good idea to know something about the people in the world. I really impressed when i got this good news for everybody to get everything in the world.
    Last edited by megh; 2012-10-10 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    i dont see why it wouldnt be possible, my buddy runs one on his hackintosh, and they do look incredible. i have no clue what their price/performance is, im sure someone else has a better one for less though.
    expensive as hell it's $999 for the 27 inch and $29-$35 for the adapter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    response time cant be compared between panel technologies
    The response time of IPS is adequate, ranging from 6ms to 16ms with current panels. This is only slightly slower than TN panels. However, gamers should take this into consideration. Fast paced games may suffer from motion blur or ghosting with IPS panels that have a response time higher than 8ms.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides...anel-types.php

Sounds to me like you can.