Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    good looking people have confidence, your mother,sister,aunt, and the lady from next door don't count as people who say your good looking
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    It's not that simple in high school, you have to be fucking elegant with your words, you can't go up to some random girl and hit on her... It's not a night club.
    Exactly. Its not a night club, you dont have to get together with anyone you see or you think you like. Its for education, not a dating site like night clubs which you said, school is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    snip
    Duronos, people love to talk about themselves, it's not as hard as you'd think to get someone prattling on about every detail of their lives. Even if you already know her interests, go ahead and ask her what they are. Don't ask questions that can be answered with "yes" or "no", ask questions in a way that she can give an actual opinion on what you're inquiring about.

Example: If she likes a certain show, don't ask if she saw the latest episode because the answer will be a quick "yes" or "no" and you have to come up with another question. Ask what she likes about the show to begin with. Now she can list all the things she likes about it, and you can learn larger truths about her in addition to other things she might be interested in. Depending on the maturity level of the girl, she'll expect you to talk about yourself as well. As long as you spend as much time listening as you do talking, you're off to a good start. If she's interested in you she'll ask about your interests as well. Confidence is key, so just chill out and realize it's not that important if you totally blow it. There are billions of girls on the planet and if she doesn't like you there are many more out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly what you're going through. I never knew exactly what to say to girls either until I said fuck it and just went for it. No matter what video you watch or what guide you read you won't be good at it until you actually do it.

Here's some tips.

1) Talk to her like you would any other person. Think of her as another person instead of a girl. You wouldn't be all shy if some random female was to come up to you and ask you for directions so there's isn't any reason for you to be when you talk to her.

2) Don't talk to her on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or whatever people use. You will never get a girl interested in you by talking to her through Facebook. And I don't mean it won't happen it's just more than likely going to fail.

3) Don't go out of your way to bring up gaming. If she brings it up while you're talking then you can tell her what you do or w/e and if she doesn't like it then oh well. Don't change anything about yourself because you think someone won't like it.

4) If you feel like you can go sit in that seat beside her than do it. That'll show her that you're confident which females like.

5) Avatar is gay. Good luck, and if she rejects you it isn't the end of the world. It's actually a good thing because then you'd realize that being rejected really isn't shit.
    Last edited by Tmbryant91; 2012-10-10 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    good looking people have confidence, your mother,sister,aunt, and the lady from next door don't count as people who say your good looking
    Not really. There are no glands in broad jawline and high cheekbones that produce the scientifically proven confidence-hormone. It's actually the complete opposite of what you said. Having confidence makes you look good.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Not really. There are no glands in broad jawline and high cheekbones that produce the scientifically proven confidence-hormone. It's actually the complete opposite of what you said. Having confidence makes you look good.
    Very true. I've been told by complete strangers that I'm "cute" (never handsome unfortunately ... ) but due to very deep insecurity problems from a nerdy childhood (till I was about 17) I've hardly ever felt that I look good. Consequently, I never actually got any attention from a girl I liked until I turned on the "confidence" factor.

Remember this: EVERYONE has a market. Yeah, I'd agree some have a bigger market than others, but what I'm trying to say is that even if you're handsome, or beautiful, you aren't that to everyone. Similarly, while some may consider you boring, others would consider you attractive.

OT: Just talk to her. Have a starting line and leadup line to that planned, and that's it. Your plans will crumble from there, so don't bother with anything more. Those two lines don't have to be jaw dropping awesome either, you don't sound like the kind of person that could pull off a perfect line anyway (not many do, I can't either) so it really doesnt matter after 5 minutes what you said. The main thing is you TRIED and got something started.

When finding out if that special girl is interested in you, the best way to test the waters is with a motorboat.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    You have told the whole MMO Champion forums you think that you are good looking and state it right there is confidence use that and relate it to real life. Don't be a keyboard warrior. When you are leaving the class just go up to her and say hi whatever her name is, make convo and ask her what you up to later this week or on the weekend. If she sounds like she is just trying to boy you off and says shes busy then you know she aint interested if she turns around and says I have nothing planned yet and asks you what your doing then go in for the goal time is everything in this sort of thing. If you wait around over analyzing you won't get anywhere and someone will beat you to it so now you know don't waste time and get going make your move.

You need to take her off the pedestal or this is just not going to go well. Beautiful girls are hit on constantly. Most of the time when you hit on them, they will shoot you down, because they aren't available, or are in a bad mood, or don't like your shirt, whatever. You can't start off with too much invested in any one particular girl, you'll just end up pining after something impossible and waste time you could have been spending with someone awesome.

If you really want to come across as confident and easy-going, you have to start with someone that you like, but you'd be okay if they rejected you. Approach it with a "hey let's just see what happens" and not a "omg if she says no I'm going to die" and I guarantee you that you'll have better chances and you'll feel much more comfortable. After you'd had some practice with the awkward start, and you've gotten some experience realizing rejection isn't the end of the world, then you can more easily fake the confidence for situations like this.

Thing to remember is that worst thing that's gonna happen is she's gonna say "sorry, but I'm just not into you" - it's not like she's gonna take out a gun and blow your head off or anything like that, so don't be so uptight about it, can't go around your whole life worrying about screwing up when it comes to the opposite sex, after all they're every bit as nervous & human in life as you.

And if it so happens she isn't interested, pick yourself up, dust yourself off & get on with it - over 3bn females on the planet man, atleast one of them's gonna be into you!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

She'll definitely notice your confidence if you go up and chat her up for a bit. It may feel kind of weird, but trust me; Confidence is ridiculously important. Even if it's a "Hey, what's up?", or "How's your day been goin?". it'll go a long way for you in terms of feeling more comfortable around her. I've been in your same position. I had literally no confidence(I could barely maintain eye contact with a girl I liked back in high school).
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

I once read in one book about talking to girls you like and everything. Whenever you go out and you see good girl you would like to **** all you have to do is:
    go there and talk to her before you brains start to object and make excuses why you should not talk to her. All you need to do, is that you overtake your brains and be faster. Don't think anything else but what you will say to her. This might sound stupid or silly, but try it sometime. Do it like it is in your habit.

It's not that simple in high school, you have to be fucking elegant with your words, you can't go up to some random girl and hit on her... It's not a night club.
    Yeah, actually, it is [that simple]. The act of even approaching her is most of the work; what you say after you do that is less consequential.

If you think you have to perform some complicated routine to get her attention just because it's highschool.. Then yeah, you're blowing it way out of proportion.

Her only positive attribute is attractive looks?

have fun with that relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    Her only positive attribute is attractive looks?

have fun with that relationship.
    Initially that's how most guys are attracted. Anyways I just said fuck it and talked to her today after class while we were in the hallway, I'd say it went pretty damn smooth. For anyone who was wondering how old I am, I'm 18.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    I know exactly what you're going through. I never knew exactly what to say to girls either until I said fuck it and just went for it. No matter what video you watch or what guide you read you won't be good at it until you actually do it.

Here's some tips.

1) Talk to her like you would any other person. Think of her as another person instead of a girl. You wouldn't be all shy if some random female was to come up to you and ask you for directions so there's isn't any reason for you to be when you talk to her.

2) Don't talk to her on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or whatever people use. You will never get a girl interested in you by talking to her through Facebook. And I don't mean it won't happen it's just more than likely going to fail.

3) Don't go out of your way to bring up gaming. If she brings it up while you're talking then you can tell her what you do or w/e and if she doesn't like it then oh well. Don't change anything about yourself because you think someone won't like it.

4) If you feel like you can go sit in that seat beside her than do it. That'll show her that you're confident which females like.

5) Avatar is gay. Good luck, and if she rejects you it isn't the end of the world. It's actually a good thing because then you'd realize that being rejected really isn't shit.
    That's a secret, only a few people actually know I like that show...
    Hey everyone

While you are posting about her on MMO Champ, 5 other guys have been hitting on her and she's probably having sex with at least one of them.

Initially that's how most guys are attracted. Anyways I just said fuck it and talked to her today after class while we were in the hallway, I'd say it went pretty damn smooth. For anyone who was wondering how old I am, I'm 18.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:39 PM ----------

That's a secret, only a few people actually know I like that show...

Also what happened during this talk with said girl?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Well the most important thing to remember is that rejection is not the end of the world. No one will die and it's not the last chance for you to hook up with someone. If you can get over your worries then you'll find it easier to talk.

Besides experience is important. Both good and bad. If you can talk to this girl then you can talk to the next one.

:megusta:

Try going slow.

Yeah I understand that I just have to go talk to her but you can't just sit down next her and say hey what's up, that's kind of borderline weird.
    Actually it's not. It's only weird if you make it weird.

Why can't you just go over to her, sit down and say "hey, I came over to see what you are like?" Seriously, your own beliefs are holding you back.
    If you say it and you are overly nervous, then yes it will be awkward. But if you come over with confidence, and say it with genuine curiosity, then she has to show you that she is impressive. Don't worry about impressing her, have her impress you.

If for some reason it doesn't work out, there TRULY are other fish in the sea. I know, it sounds so cliche. But there are are. Why get held up on just one girl when there are so many out there?

Some of the guys I know that are very successful with women believe that it is easy to meet women. So for them it is. Other guys I know think it is hard to meet women, and because of that belief, it really is hard for them to meet women. Your beliefs will affect your outcome.

Talking to this girl is only as difficult as you make it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 01:15 PM ----------

Initially that's how most guys are attracted. Anyways I just said fuck it and talked to her today after class while we were in the hallway, I'd say it went pretty damn smooth. For anyone who was wondering how old I am, I'm 18
    Congratulations, man! Good luck with everything.