Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Might have something to do with people cannot que? Or im the only one, wouldnt suprise me.
    Anyway i have 466ilvl and mogo'shan vaults are not even on my LFR to que for, and the rest says "you dont meet the req" or its 470ilvl req, and since its only one raid up, and its not "UP" for me. But appearently for everyone else.. meeeh
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Not here, I queue alone as a dps and the queue is almost instant, at most 5-10 mins wait.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Tanking is stupidly easy at the moment and as a result every boy and their dog has been gearing up as one with instant LFD queues and now you get to enjoy an overpopulated LFR tank queue. It's bittersweet.
    At the moment? Where have you been? Tanking has been stupidly easy for ages. Paladin tanking in TBC was stupidly easy and became the norm after that. Long gone were the days of stance swapping while tanking to preemptively break fear and having zero multi-target or AoE abilities to use in defensive stance. Those days were deemed unpopular to the masses and questing and farming gold became too dull for the casuals. I would certainly call tanking in Cata "stupidly easy," tanking in MoP is no easier. It's nearly identical.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgash View Post
    Keep in mind that the x-pac has only been out for 2 weeks now. Not everyone has the gear to queue up for lfr yet. And most of those that have would naturally be tanks, since with instant invite for random heroics they were able to gear up fastest so far.
    I'd say give people some time to catch up with gear and it will even out.
    The only realistic way I see the queues evening out is if tanks start quitting tanking.

Its the fact that there are only 2/25 or 8% of spots for tanks. Compared to 20% of spots in 5-man hc shows you why tanks are having such a long wait time. This is compounded by tanks queuing with their healer buddys, which will take them directly in front of the line.

For the other specs its : 6/25 or 24% vs 20% so healers have 4% more spots in LFR, which is why they get the instant invite and 17/25 or 68% vs 60% for DDs.

As others said before, tanks gear up fastest at this point, because they have instant 5-man invites. It will get a bit better for tanks in the coming weeks, but you can expect that tanks will always be the longest queue on LFR. On the other hand, this will decrease the tank supply for 5-mans, which will result in overall longer queues for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    I don't view this as any solution since I want to run LFR to grab TANK gear, not DPS ;-P
    The funny thing as guardian tank is ... your tanking gear = feral dps gear \o/ I'm SO Q-ing as a feral dps tonite

10+ Year Old Account
    I got in today with a tank and 2 healers almost instantly. 2x in a row. I don't know what's going on for you. Sucks though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Just have a buddy with healer spec queue-boost you if you're a tank.

This is probably the direct result of tanks gearing up faster than any other spec and the LFR having a relatively high ilvl requirement for the complete faceroll it is. Honestly you could probably have your whole raid in quest greens and do fine.

Deleted
    Tanks need gear for their main spec right now, aka tank spec.
    90%+ of the raiding teams are 10 man, aka 1 tank for every 5 ppl is needed.

In LFR 1 tank for every 12,5 ppl is needed.

Result? ------> Queue for tanks.

Once we will have everything that we need from LFR or Normal/Heroic version of the raid, main tanks will start queuing as dps to gather gear for OS and queue for tanks will drop once more to the levels of dps.

I would like to know how is the queue for the healers right now. Since till now, most of the 10 man fights require 3 healers in 10 normal. With 1 out of 3,33 people being a healer in a 10 man while the ratio for LFR is 1 out of 4,16 people being a healer, reasonably would cause even the queue for healer not to be instant.

Deleted
    this will balance in a short time, its the first day, so... S:

10+ Year Old Account
    I am kind of looking forward to WoW maybe going to a free to play model, less people playing, more content throttling, less encouragement for the right reasons for plaing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post

I would like to know how is the queue for the healers right now. Since till now, most of the 10 man fights require 3 healers in 10 normal.
    Healer queue is instant. And 3healing is not required. Besides Stone Guards(even this is doable with 2healers), I don't feel any Normal fight requires 3healing.

Deleted
    Instant queue here, but I noticed that 23/25 people were from my own server. Perhaps server pool has something to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Might have something to do with people cannot que? Or im the only one, wouldnt suprise me.
    Anyway i have 466ilvl and mogo'shan vaults are not even on my LFR to que for, and the rest says "you dont meet the req" or its 470ilvl req, and since its only one raid up, and its not "UP" for me. But appearently for everyone else.. meeeh
    only requires 460 ilvl, so you should be fine to queue

Clearly Blizzard needs to make 10 man LFR, so there are enough slots for tanks.

After that, maybe they could just save money by eliminating 25 man raids altogether.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Man I wanted to tank (well I wanted tank gear) but the queue was insane, DPS queue instant. So I queued as a dps (Ret paladin), got 2 items for DPS spec, some boots and a cloak... Great, with my luck I won't see a piece of tanking loot until the New Year .

Screw it though, next week I'll wait with LFR until I have time and I will wait even 5 hours.

Log in as dps even if u are a tank , u can get tank loot anyway cause its your spec .
    I waited 2 h today as tank then canceled and joined as dps , instant que and first boss droped useless tank neck ,( i had better ) .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    Log in as dps even if u are a tank , u can get tank loot anyway cause its your spec .
    I waited 2 h today as tank then canceled and joined as dps , instant que and first boss droped useless tank neck ,( i had better ) .
    Oh, so it's based on your active spec rathre than the role you signed up with? That's good to know.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Tanking is stupidly easy at the moment [...]
    I want to rephrase this: "gearing up for the lfr requirements while tanking is stupidly easy at the moment"

That's the reason, there are just not enough dps with the requirements around at the moment. In a month or two that won't be a problem any more especially since you can't win dps stuff as a tank and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    At the moment? Where have you been? Tanking has been stupidly easy for ages. Paladin tanking in TBC was stupidly easy and became the norm after that. Long gone were the days of stance swapping while tanking to preemptively break fear and having zero multi-target or AoE abilities to use in defensive stance. Those days were deemed unpopular to the masses and questing and farming gold became too dull for the casuals. I would certainly call tanking in Cata "stupidly easy," tanking in MoP is no easier. It's nearly identical.[COLOR="red"]
    I'm not talking about the skill involved to actually play a tank (although you'd be surprised) but more so how easy the encounters themselves are on tanks now.

Cata heroics, as easy as I found them, were brutal for 'tanking' because of the damage early on (mainly trash) to the point where it discouraged a lot of players from filling that role. Where as the damage in MoP heroics is laughable even in questing gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something is super bugged about LFR queues. First time I queue? Instant, even as DPS.

Then people leave after the first boss, we sit around with 10 people for 20 minutes waiting to get enough to kill more. Shouldn't filling already running groups be prioritised over new groups?

Then I requeue to get the boss I missed, and the estimated wait is 3 minutes, but I wait 30+ before it pops. When it finally does, it's at the final boss (I thought if you requeue having missed earlier bosses, it's supposed to guarantee put you at the first boss like it used to?). So I cancel the queue, requeue again in hopes I'll have better luck, and it pops in like 30 seconds minutes at the first boss the second time.

MAKES NO SENSE.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |