High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy Priest Haste

Holy Priest Question
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/alleria/xanoval/

I have not seen any post about this so i figured I would ask. Has anyone worked the numbers on whether or not early on we should be reforging/ gemming haste until we reach the first haste breakpoint? I think I can get there with just reforging all my mastery to haste and switching my int/mastery gems with int/haste. Is the large lost in mastery worth the extra tics?

Thanks in advance

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mookspal View Post
    Holy Priest Question
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/alleria/xanoval/

I have not seen any post about this so i figured I would ask. Has anyone worked the numbers on whether or not early on we should be reforging/ gemming haste until we reach the first haste breakpoint? I think I can get there with just reforging all my mastery to haste and switching my int/mastery gems with int/haste. Is the large lost in mastery worth the extra tics?

Thanks in advance
    25man or 10man?
    IMO the first breakpoint is not THAT easy to reach; and IMO it would be good only if you are raiding 25man HC and you like to renew spam. Otherwise I would go full mastery (as I am at the moment).
    Also, you need to stack spirit in gems, not mastery or haste.

We also have so many instants that don't benefit from haste; I rarely use Renew (mostly on tanks) and HW:sanc is just useless.

With this hotfix to PoH maybe haste will be more important; to have shorter cast times on PoH - but not this tier I think. So I will stick with Mastery.

Deleted
    It's been discussed a bit in here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...as-Holy-Priest

Something many forget. A glyphed renew tick hits x4 at 4254 haste. Lightwell / lightspring picks up extra at 4249. As a goblin. It's not viable as any other race, however its incredibly strong given the fact that even on heroic 25, our mastery is tiny and results in not much else but 50 percent overheal. Theorycraft it all you want. Fact is 4254 haste as a goblin owns the death out of mastery stacking for holy priests.

Quote Originally Posted by priestingalong View Post
    Something many forget. A glyphed renew tick hits x4 at 4254 haste. Lightwell / lightspring picks up extra at 4249. As a goblin. It's not viable as any other race, however its incredibly strong given the fact that even on heroic 25, our mastery is tiny and results in not much else but 50 percent overheal. Theorycraft it all you want. Fact is 4254 haste as a goblin owns the death out of mastery stacking for holy priests.
    Thank you! That makes perfect sense, and explains some abnormailitys I've seen on WOL. It doesn't "fix" priests, but certainly is an edge if one is willing to pay for the class change, as arcane torrent is rather worthless now.

It also lowers our regular renew cap if we are stacking mastery as holy, and sure doesn't hurt our output if disc and full stacking mastery. Sir, I do believe you nailed it.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:50 PM ----------
    EDIT

I just found plusheal.com/home/m/1833799/viewthread/3816716-haste-break-points-for-healers

Yes, hitting that cap is a pretty big deal. for holy.
    Last edited by Viskew; 2012-10-10 at 03:51 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not agree on mastery.

Yes i do see it quite high in the healing meters, but i still do not find it a life saving stat to have. for pure throughput it would be the best option at this moment, if it was mixed with haste.

At this moment i'd prefer the haste for lightspring/hymn ticks. Renew, well yeah i use it just as extra buffer on tanks.
    I usualy stack haste, untill i see other needs.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    My gear aint exactly what you call perfectly itemized to what i would prefer at this moment, but it does the trick for me on normals. I do not have any real mana issues and prettymuch get away with spamming useless heals any once in a while. My other healers in the raid are of good grade so there are often moments when im just smiting away. (without changing chackra state)
    Last edited by Waterwings; 2012-10-10 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings View Post
    At this moment i'd prefer the haste for lightspring/hymn ticks.
    Am I wrong or hymns do not benefit from haste anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post

Haste makes Hymn channel faster now, it doesn't give it extra ticks. It still leads to an HPS increase.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Virgo- View Post
    As Jeflax posts above me, the ticks are not affected. but the channeling speed is.

Lightspring can do an insane amount of healing, this reset i should be starting on 25 mans so then i can give some more opinion based info on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Right now I play 10 man.
    I have tried both full haste and full mastery, and must agree that mastery really have it's place right now for 10 mans. with the haste I got oom alot faster, with mastery I could maintain my hps and my mana. Mastery especially shine when u are 2 man healing. the overhealing will become 0.
    for me haste just means more casts, has same throughput as mastery. think of it like this, you cast spells for 1 min with full mastery reforged, you cast 20 heals and use 100k mana and heal 200k, with haste you cast 22 heals use 110k mana and heal 200k. when regen is a problem now, I dont see haste the way to go.
    Last edited by Deviolle; 2012-10-12 at 09:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in time, I think mastery is a great stat to have on most of the fights in MV. I woulnt say stack it, but I definitely wouldn't reforge out of it.

As a rule of thumb, I gem spirit, occasionally using hybrid gems for socket bonuses, and I go for spirit on each piece of fear. I avoid crit like the plague. I try to keep a fair amount of haste, but am going primarily for mastery.

This is coming from a generally haste-only stacking holy priest. I imagine by the time I am decked in full 496+ gear I will go back to haste, but this early in the tier and expansion your mastery will have greater effect as damaged players will not be topped off as quickly as when everyone is in higher gear levels. Further, your heals will go further with more spirit and intellect, furthering hastes potential.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15