Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Everyday of my life...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Meh, once or twice per week.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I did a lot when I was younger, I only ever acted on it once though.

I still think about suicide from time to time but not as much as I used too.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Briefly every now and then, but never acted on it or seriously considered it. I do find myself wondering a lot about what happens when we die though.

Deleted
    I thought about it. Then I ate a cookie and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    No. Suicide is unacceptable, no matter what. You can and will overcome all challenges you face.

Edit: Thinking of suicide, as a concept and consideration are two different things. Everyone has thought of suicide at some point, but I highly doubt many have considered it.
    I don't think that's true. A lot of people die of horrible things, or even worse they have to live for years under the curse of some horrible disease which debilitates them for as long as they will live. I don't think those people overcome that challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a lot at one point but there was just something that wouldn't let me do it even if I wanted too. I thought it could have been a solution but for some reason I valued my life to much to have even done something so remotely drastic. An interesting way I like to put it is this, "I don't have the guts to do it". Weird but sort of true and I'm happy I didn't, I think it goes back to the emotional pain everyone might suffer that cared about me and whatnot. Only thought about it during my mid teen years.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    I've never really thought of suicide but I have wondered what's on the other side of death, you know I believe that it can't just end there, something has to happen after it, or do we just forget everything and start a new life? who knows, but it something that I think about regularly.

I've wondered what the consequences would be but I've never considered doing it. So no, I have never thought of committing suicide, merely thought about consequences of doing it. It would be so sad!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    I like this quote by Friedrich Nietzsche - “The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night”

Life is often a choice between alternatives. Do you choose life or death? Do you move closer or do you go further away? Do you stand up or do you back down? Do you show up or do you stay away? The specifics are what they are. This "attitude" one can speak of is the alternative to death. Life with all that it entails or death with its peace.
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2012-10-10 at 06:58 PM.

absolutely not, why anyone would consider suicide is just beyond me. Humans are creatures of hope and change. For as long as you live, you always have the power to make your life better. I honestly cant think of a situation where I would take my own life. Well, maybe if my death can save thousands of people or something, then I might think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guanqi View Post
    absolutely not, why anyone would consider suicide is just beyond me. Humans are creatures of hope and change. For as long as you live, you always have the power to make your life better. I honestly cant think of a situation where I would take my own life. Well, maybe if my death can save thousands of people or something, then I might think about it.
    I would say when things literally go to shit, such as financial breakdown with nothing in near sight of fixing it many would rather just say fuck it and commit suicide. In school, some kids get bullied and they see it as a solution to get away from it.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I think about it quite a bit. I've tried it twice. Obviously it didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    An interesting way I like to put it is this, "I don't have the guts to do it".
    This is something so many people get wrong. They say if you try to kill yourself you're a coward, you want to take the easy way out. That couldn't be further from the truth. There's a reason most attempts fail. The instinct to live is just too strong. Even when you think there's no other option, ending your own is one of the hardest things you can ever do. Telling someone in that position that they're weak is possibly the worst thing you could say.

I've had an insane amount of personal and family issues pop up in the last year and a half that have changed my life, mostly for the worse, and have ruined some relationships with some key family members. When they first started happening, I thought about it every day. I still do, to be honest. I've calmed down on the thoughts a bit, but the point is that I never intended to actually try to commit suicide. Maybe I just wanted to die, but I was unwilling to do it myself, as my will to live is strong, too.
    The thoughts are, oddly enough, comforting in a way. It is like the Family Guy episode where Brian and Stewie are locked in the bank vault together and Brian ends up having a revolver in his safety deposit box. He said "It's comforting knowing that no matter how bad things get, there's always a way out."

Yes.
    Build a "hanging machine" once, and stayed a night at 11th floor in a hotel thinking of going down the window.
    I just got the right treatment and now I live my life without thinking of it.

I'm not happy, lost many thinks for beeing depressed, but I can live and go on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I think about it quite a bit. I've tried it twice. Obviously it didn't take.

This is something so many people get wrong. They say if you try to kill yourself you're a coward, you want to take the easy way out. That couldn't be further from the truth. There's a reason most attempts fail. The instinct to live is just too strong. Even when you think there's no other option, ending your own is one of the hardest things you can ever do. Telling someone in that position that they're weak is possibly the worst thing you could say.
    Yes, it's interesting. The human instinct to live is very powerful and very basic in us. It shouldn't be too hard to make a good attempt to kill oneself in the way of methods, there are many opportunities to make it painless and slow or painful and instant and to make it with no chance of recovery or a failed attempt.

The thing is in us there is often something that says no or carry on, the essence of the very breath, it's a bit of the same you feel when your primary bodily functions are deprived. F.ex. people can react strongly to being breath aphysixated in some manner by being under water f.ex., even when it's not dangerous, but your primary instinct kicks in to live and forces your body up. It takes some good mental training to stay under much longer even when the conditions are controlled.

We may think that our thoughts control much of it, but there is a good amount of instinct in us that is mapped into our very genes and bodies that have survival as a prime need.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definately get pissed off and sad, not near the limits of suicide fortunately.
    Howay the lads!

As someone with a social phobia and an anxiety disorder i have been living alone and felt helpless... Wondered whats the point of living, but im too scared/weak to go through with suicide.. Living my life in depression..YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY....

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Suicide is a despirate and easy way out of trouble. The only time this option is considerable is when all hope for survival is lost.