10+ Year Old Account

Writers wanted! MoP Enhancement FAQ

Submissions open from NOW until Midnight, Sunday, October 7th

As Tides is stepping back and will no longer be updating his Cataclysm-era guide, we'll be needing someone new to step up, if you're willing.

First, the nuts and bolts of what's needed;

• We're primarily looking for a PvE perspective. If you want to talk about PvP too, that's fine (great, even), but we need the PvE information covered as well.
    • You need to know your stuff. We're not going to drill you with "WHAT'S THE SPELL COEFFICIENT OF LIGHTNING BOLT? YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO COMPLY" or something, but a solid grasp of the class/spec is expected.
    • You should, at minimum, review the following;
      • Talent choices
      • Glyphs
      • Gearing
        • Stat priority
        • Gems/enchants
      • Rotation
    • Additional sections are great, that's the expected essentials, so feel free to add more info (my own guide co-written with Binkenstein and Gistwiki, for instance, does quite a bit more than the minimum)
    • You need to recognize that, as a writer of something you're hoping to get stickied to the forums, that your writing should be fairly solid and balanced. I don't mean you need to sound like a college literature professor, or Hemingway, but stuff like "OK, taek dis talnt cuz it gud" or "only stupid stupidfaces would take this talent" won't fly. It's a FAQ thread, not a discussion thread, remember. That doesn't mean you need to change your posting style elsewhere, just how you carry yourself in the FAQ writing and the FAQ feedback responses themselves; you're speaking for MMO-Champion, not just yourself.
    • You're going to stick around. I don't mean "we now own your soul forever", but part of the role involves updating the FAQ as needed. You don't need to be on it RIGHT ON PATCH DAY OMG OMG, but if your FAQ is still saying "updated for 5.1" when it's 5.3, that's a problem. Don't get too worried about the potential time investment; a lot of stuff stays the same from patch to patch. If you're staying up to date and reading theorycrafting here and elsewhere, it's just a matter of writing down the changes you already know. It is a bit of an investment, but it's also a rewarding way to get more involved with the community.

If you're still interested, feel free to PM me a short sample section of the FAQ you'd want to write. Feel free to use BBcode in the PM for links/layout/style. If you have further questions, feel free to post them here, but please don't post your FAQ here; it'll just make for tons of massive posts people have to wade through.

I'm posting this just before Midnight on Sunday, September 23rd. I don't want to put any massive pressure on people, particularly with the expansion looming, so I'm not going to say "get it to me by Friday". Let's set a deadline of two weeks; Midnight on Sunday, October 7th. You don't need to have the whole guide ready; just one section. Feel free to pick a shorter section if you like, but try and do a good, thorough job with whatever section you choose to provide a sample for; we'll be picking submissions based on that quality. Also, length is not quality; if you do a section on glyphs and write 14 paragraphs on each glyph's advantages and uses, that's not a good way to go. You'll have more time after we've picked you to write up the whole thing.

I'm not going to respond to each PM as I get them. Especially if I get a lot. I will read them all, and I will post when we've made a decision, so you won't be left hanging wondering whether you were even considered.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-09-24 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    11th october now, still no enhancement guide, so just copy and post this: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130513-..._100_more_cds/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    11th october now, still no enhancement guide, so just copy and post this: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130513-..._100_more_cds/
    I'm in Canada. It's still the 10th here. And the point of this is to find someone interested not just in posting a guide, but in maintaining it for the next while, so it doesn't get out of date.

I've gotten a few submissions via PM (as I asked for) and am reviewing them now. That said, I'm locking this thread as I'm no longer taking submissions.