Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'm not so sure about AMoC any more. Given that only 1 AMoC can be in effect at a time, it means you have to delay all of your openings by 10 seconds until it's finished, or just sacrifice DPS. Where as with Lynx, you can hit Lynx, BW and all the rest, then readiness and do it all again, immediately. Also Lynx will sync with Readiness usage if used on cooldown.
    Why? You can still readiness reset it and not use it until the 30 seconds is done.

I've found AMoC is significantly more damage than every other option if you can let it go the full 30 seconds and use it on CD. The problem is there aren't many fights where those variables will always be relevant. Use it on stone guard and petrification changes, feng it is very useful for, garagal it could be useful depending on how you handle the spirit realm, spirit kings you could get stuck having to delay so it as to ensure a full 30 seconds, Elegon is bad not only because it's zero bonus damage on sparks but I imagine it wouldn't scale with the buff like blink strike or lynx rush (not tested), and emp is a ton of target switching. Using it on Feng would probably be a dps gain but for every other encounter it seems there are more ways for it to be bad than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Right, because sims can't account for something so complicated as stacking two cooldowns.
    I know most people seem to think sims = real gameplay. However go back and look at WoLs vs Sim predictions, a broken watch has been correct more often.

Sims are one of the worst things to determine DPS, they are good for checking rotational things but bad at seeing what your REAL DPS could be. There are no "Patchwork" fights anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    I know most people seem to think sims = real gameplay. However go back and look at WoLs vs Sim predictions, a broken watch has been correct more often.

Sims are one of the worst things to determine DPS, they are good for checking rotational things but bad at seeing what your REAL DPS could be. There are no "Patchwork" fights anymore.
    I do not think the sims = real gameplay. They are a guide. I've already said multiple times that there are mechanical differences between the two abilities that could make one not usable to it's full potential.

Sims are inaccurate when it comes to unknown interruptions to a normal rotation/priority affecting estimated totals, not the relatively simple math between comparing two abilities with all other variables being essentially the same and how they will interact with other cooldowns and how they will line up chronologically (yes, good sims do account for this). Yes, in reality there will be things that will screw with the effectiveness of abilities. A sim serves to say "if conditions were optimal for both abilities, which one would come out on top?" In this case, aMoC. That is the "guide" part of the sim. You are left with deciding if an ability, mechanically will be useful on a specific encounter. It is not surprising that the ability that comes out giving you higher DPS is also more restrictive in its potential use.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

Simulation Craft is very bad for hunters. That is true. Femaledwarf is incredibly accurate. I don't know why people even considered Simcraft results to matter when they've never been close for hunters in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Simulation Craft is very bad for hunters. That is true. FemaleDwarf is incredibly accurate. I don't know why people even considered Simcraft results to matter when they've never been close for hunters in the past.
    Yes, FemaleDwarf is the best site to use when it comes to Hunter gear optimization and CD usages/synergy. It has been updated to the current build of MoP but lacks any of the <random enchant> gear you will find in Scenario lockboxes. I personally have the "of the Stormblast" version of Stormbrew Spaulders and it doesn't have them in the database. So I can't officially use FemaleDwarf until I replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkar View Post
    Yes, FemaleDwarf is the best site to use when it comes to Hunter gear optimization and CD usages/synergy. It has been updated to the current build of MoP but lacks any of the <random enchant> gear you will find in Scenario lockboxes. I personally have the "of the Stormblast" version of Stormbrew Spaulders and it doesn't have them in the database. So I can't officially use FemaleDwarf until I replace them.
    There is a way around this. Under the gear section, at the bottom there is a "Custom Gear Stats" input box. Just enter in all the stats for the spaulders there, and check the "Treat empty slots as mail armor" so that you still get the "all mail +5% agi" bonus. It's not a terribly convenient way especially when you want to compare it to another set of non-random shoulders, but its better than nothing. This is what I do for the ghost iron dragonling (even though it's not 100% accurate since the proc isn't modeled, but it's something).

I don't expect Zeherah would add all of the possible useful variations of all of those random items.... that would probably suck. Then again compared to how many items she's already added its probably a drop in the bucket. Will just have to wait and see if she has time for it and thinks it is important enough to bother with.

...And people thought we would still have cookie cutter specs under the new talent system.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

We will/have, it just changes per fight now.

Deleted
    There is no way, that you will lose aMoC on stone guards if you think a little bit. Just always put it on the doing the petrification. The Guard which just used petrification will always be tanked with another add (at least on 10 man). It scales with any buff's on each encounter. On a 1 target fight you just delay the second (readiness) aMoC by 30s, if there are more then 1 targets that will live more than 30s, you can apply the second aMoc to the other target on the reseted (readiness) BW.

And as said i tend to loose 1-2 aMoC on a fight as i didn't yet get the right swing on delaying it on the 30%-20% hp mark, and tend to throw it out above 20% boss hp,
    And still my aMoC does better than LR on the top phrases on wol.
    Not to forget it's a 2 min cd, compared to a 1.5 min cd. That means if the fight allowing you for any additional readiness aMoC will be much better.
    In addition reediness does not reset the cd of rabid making your second some times to not get the full buff from it ( although I'm not sure), and leaving you with delaying it more for the next rabid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danko215 View Post
    No it doesn't.

Do you see the logic in both these statements? Keep looking.......keep looking........keep loooking. Nope, there is absolutely none. Please try to be more constructive with your information. How many of your 2k+ posts are this bad?
    I didn't think it did till last night when my scrolling battle text was getting flooded with lots of hits everytime I multishotted + Lynx Rushed as BM. Guess I am going to have to test this properly tonight.

Deleted
    multi-shot + LR problem solved, op aoe kkthxbyebby

Quote Originally Posted by Kirdiz View Post
    There is no way, that you will lose aMoC on stone guards if you think a little bit. Just always put it on the doing the petrification. The Guard which just used petrification will always be tanked with another add (at least on 10 man).
    Thinking just a little bit huh? Jasper has petrification and is tanked next to jade. You AMoC Jasper. Jade petrifies next which requires a taunt swap between jasper and the tank on amethyst/cobalt. You've now lost your remaining time on AMoC to the 90% debuff. You solve that problem by delaying for a fresh petrification? Well now you've just delayed and what if that delay makes you get one less AMoC? What if you're doing 25s and now you have an extra dog to worry about. Now every move you make has to be taken with the consideration of are your tanks going to do everything correctly so you don't have to pop a petrify near instantly on a mistake.

I wish that the decision was nothing more than me just thinking about it a little bit but it's not. AMoC is good for Feng that's it. It may be good for padding on Elegon (not actually killing the fight properly) but like I said previously, I doubt it gets the damage bonus that Lynx Rush would get from your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolzor View Post
    multi-shot + LR problem solved, op aoe kkthxbyebby
    Lynx Rush isn't effected by beast cleave so you don't gain any damage. Your pet still hits the same nine times it's now just on nine different things which are most likely non-debuffed targets which probably results in less damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    Thinking just a little bit huh? Jasper has petrification and is tanked next to jade. You AMoC Jasper. Jade petrifies next which requires a taunt swap between jasper and the tank on amethyst/cobalt. You've now lost your remaining time on AMoC to the 90% debuff. You solve that problem by delaying for a fresh petrification? Well now you've just delayed and what if that delay makes you get one less AMoC? What if you're doing 25s and now you have an extra dog to worry about. Now every move you make has to be taken with the consideration of are your tanks going to do everything correctly so you don't have to pop a petrify near instantly on a mistake.

I wish that the decision was nothing more than me just thinking about it a little bit but it's not. AMoC is good for Feng that's it. It may be good for padding on Elegon (not actually killing the fight properly) but like I said previously, I doubt it gets the damage bonus that Lynx Rush would get from your pet.

Lynx Rush isn't effected by beast cleave so you don't gain any damage. Your pet still hits the same nine times it's now just on nine different things which are most likely non-debuffed targets which probably results in less damage.
    I agree with Repins on this, I dislike AMoC on non-patchwerk esq. fights, requires a lot of extra thought on whether you should use it immediately off CD or prolong it for a more optimum time. Too much time spent making a decision on one ability can cause other things to follow/lapse. It's why I prefer Lynx Rush on most of the fights but I found that Blink Strike worked best for me on Elegon and did more damage to the targets we where focusing than the other hunter's Lynx Rush, particularly on Sparks.

On a boss, Lynx Rush and Blink Strike are essentially a wash (remember BS is only 20 sec cooldown and 600% dmg). Femaledwarf confirms this. Blink Strike also has more utility since you can quickly teleport your pet around with it. That one or two extra melee hits the pet gets in a fight because it was able to teleport instead of run already takes it above lynx rush. Blink Strike also hits like a truck and is more readily available for emergency situations like some add that needs to die NOW. That said, Lynx Rush is awesome for AOE and syncs with cooldowns nicely.

So, as Blizzard intended, it's down to player choice. There's no clear cut winner.
    Last edited by bendak; 2012-10-12 at 04:44 PM.

Post after post after post with people saying Lynx rush is "nice for AoE" right after people pointing out that it does not work with Beast Cleave.

Murder of Crows comes out ahead... if you're using it exactly on cooldown and a fight lasts exactly 5:30 or 7:30, or 9:30 with the assumption that the boss goes into its execute range at the exact moment Murder comes off CD (while lasting another minute and a half), and is also single target. It would also come out ahead on a fight with an abnormally long execute phase (talking Ragnaros-length execute time), but there haven't been any of those yet.

I far and away prefer Lynx Rush over Blink Strike simply because I'm not too fond of cramming even more short-length CDs into the hunter rotation. Would rather simply be using LR with every other BW and on the pull as well. Blink Strike does have its uses though; Elegon comes to mind, as does Will.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-10-12 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Post after post after post with people saying Lynx rush is "nice for AoE" right after people pointing out that it does not work with Beast Cleave.
    So I guess we ignore the fact that Lynx Rush hits multiple targets then?

SHHH!!!! he doesn't realize that.

And how is Lynx Rush hitting 9 different targets once different than it hitting 1 target 9 times? As someone said before, it's likely it will actually do less damage due to the fact that your primary target may be loaded with debuffs, and the surrounding targets may not.

It has no advantage in AoE, unless you are using it on a target whos health is so low that it dies before all 9 attacks hit. In which case, you probably shouldn't use it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Murder of Crows comes out ahead... if you're using it exactly on cooldown and a fight lasts exactly 5:30 or 7:30, or 9:30 with the assumption that the boss goes into its execute range at the exact moment Murder comes off CD (while lasting another minute and a half), and is also single target. It would also come out ahead on a fight with an abnormally long execute phase (talking Ragnaros-length execute time), but there haven't been any of those yet.

I far and away prefer Lynx Rush over Blink Strike simply because I'm not too fond of cramming even more short-length CDs into the hunter rotation. Would rather simply be using LR with every other BW and on the pull as well. Blink Strike does have its uses though; Elegon comes to mind, as does Will.
    I know the feeling, particularly for BM. The rotation is already jammed full of enough other abilities to push. Still deciding whether or not I want to continue using TotH or swap back to using Fervor for that same reason. Blink Strike on Elegon is worthwhile for sure, however. The instant swap to Sparks as BM is huge.