Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Arrakoa and Ethereal should never become playable. Just stupid. But you are right Ogres to join the Horde. As for Alliance? Easy, Furbolgs. They already have a tribe or 2 in the alliance, also close with Night Elves/Draenei, and since it would be a burning legion expansion (they are responsible for corrupting their race, see WC3), they make perfect sense. And finally, some are saying what about High Elves? Save them for an inevitable "sub races/re skins" thing they'll eventually come out with.
    Arrokoa I'm on the fence about. But they are probably the most probable Outland race at this point.

Etheral won most wanted race in my poll by a large margin (and DH won by 50%). If they aren't added together, then Blizz is blind to what players want.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. The Age of Mortals seems to sugguest that we won't be helped by our Gods to kill villains in the future. Unless Blizz decides to go back on that for the second time (first was WC3-WoW)

2. Sargeras is indeed the grand villain of Warcraft. You kill him and the series ends. It's like killing Sauron. I doubt Blizz would end their 10,000,000 player cash cow.

3. From WoWpedia.

If he's so important to the lore, and so powerful, he won't be defeated ever.
    blah blah blah, nevertheless Blizz will do "We are Titans, the good ones, you (players) are the prophecy of this universe, you are the future, we will give u our powers so u will be able to defeat the Sargeras" and this will be the end of WoW :P Thats it. Don't hype over Sargeras, because Blizz will troll u hard, just as they hyped Arthas or Illidan and we see how it has ended. The same goes for Cata.

Save and print this post and wait 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if they flesh them out with new everything. They're still just fucking elves! They need to stay in the background, never to be brought up again.
    Personally I'm fine with High Elves being playable, AND sharing the same models with Blood elves, they should, they are genetically the same race. Here's my jist for a new expansion.

Expansion 5 - Journey to Argus
    Two New Playable Races - High Elves for the Alliance, and Dark Iron Dwarves for the Horde.
    New Planet to Explore - Argus, level 90 - 95 zones.
    New Profession - Lumberjack, Create epic weapons from manipulating the strange Organic plantlife on Argus.
    Primary Antagonist - Sargeras

Expansion 5 - Broken Time
    New Class - Necromancer, The Priests of the Burning Skull, a cult of necromancers from an alternate timeline has appeared in Azeroth.
    Journey to an alternate Azeroth, where the planet has been enslaved by a diabolical Sorceress. She has achieved a god-like status after manipulating the timelines into a fractured state. Players will have to defeat her Subordinates: The King of all Creation (Arthas from a timeline where he destroyed all life on Azeroth), Breathlord Galakrond, and Rage of the Ancients - Dark Shaman, Thrall (alternate timeline Thrall where his wife and unborn child were slain before the Cataclysm) Most of the planet has been ravaged, some races are extinct and new zones to visit for levels 95 - 99.
    DOTA style scenarios and battlegrounds.
    Primary Antagonist: Salandria
    Last edited by Ersula; 2012-10-10 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Personally I'm fine with High Elves being playable, AND sharing the same models with Blood elves, they should, they are genetically the same race. Here's my jist for a new expansion.

Expansion 5 - Journey to Argus
    Two New Playable Races - High Elves for the Alliance, and Dark Iron Dwarves for the Horde.
    New Planet to Explore - Argus, level 90 - 95 zones.
    New Profession - Lumberback, Create epic weapons from manipulating the strange Organic plantlife on Argus.
    Primary Antagonist - Sargeras

Expansion 5 - Broken Time
    New Class - Necromancer, The Priests of the Burning Skull, a cult of necromancers from an alternate timeline has appeared in Azeroth.
    Journey to an alternate Azeroth, where the planet has been enslaved by a diabolical Sorceress. She has achieved a god-like status after manipulating the timelines into a fractured state. Players will have to defeat her Subordinates: The King of all Creation (Arthas from a timeline where he destroyed all life on Azeroth), Breathlord Galakrond, and Rage of the Ancients - Dark Shaman, Trall (alternate timeline Trall where his wife and unborn child were slain before the Cataclysm) Most of the planet has been ravaged, some races are extinct and new zones to visit for levels 95 - 99.
    DOTA style scenarios and battlegrounds.
    Primary Antagonist: Salandria
    Can't say I'm too familiar with "Trall", never heard of him.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Arrokoa I'm on the fence about. But they are probably the most probable Outland race at this point.

Etheral won most wanted race in my poll by a large margin (and DH won by 50%). If they aren't added together, then Blizz is blind to what players want.
    Sure, they'd be awesome to play...as would many races in wow, but it just wouldn't make any sense what so ever. We dont "need" Outlands races. I want to see Ogre-Horde, Furbolg-Alliance before any other races, because they are the last original races yet to be implemented (should have came for TBC tbh). And I'd rather see Hozen-Horde, Jinyu-Alliance before Arrakoa/Ethereal/or any other BC races.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    blah blah blah, nevertheless Blizz will do "We are Titans, the good ones, you (players) are the prophecy of this universe, you are the future, we will give u our powers so u will be able to defeat the Sargeras" and this will be the end of WoW :P Thats it. Don't hype over Sargeras, because Blizz will troll u hard, just as they hyped Arthas or Illidan and we see how it has ended. The same goes for Cata.

Save and print this post and wait 3-4 years.
    I think it will be like this, titans being the good guys, even though they are cold, calculating and perfectionists willing to purge whole world should some deviation arise.

Blizzard propably isnt even aware of what they created and will proceed to paint them as the force of good and order (instead of just order).
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-10-10 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see Ogres playable sometime soon here after Mists of Pandaria, and it would be great to see female Ogres as well and more different hairstyles for the Ogres as well. :P
    For the Horde!

AMAGAD Rexxar, finally after 100 years of pain.

I also like Sylvanas, this pleases me even though im an ally only player.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Sylvannas sees the Forsaken as her shield against death. So she does do mass genocide. Although Garrosh asked her to get a harbour and she went to Gilneas, she also tested chemical weapons on Southshore, made human-farms in Hillsbrad and tries to continue the plaguing of the land in Western Plaguelands.
    Small correction, but the human farms were the work of a single forsaken having gone coocoo for cannibalism-puffs, not something ordered by Sylvanas.

And as for Rexxar, here is the deal, Rexxar did not kill Alliance troops. He killed Kul Tiras troops, while Jaina had distanced herself and the Alliance from them when they said they want to destroy the orcs and didn't want to listen to diplomacy. So Rexxar killed the soldiers of Admiral Proudmoore, which, even though allied with the Alliance, were sort of a distinct part of the Alliance. Sort of how the brown orcs are to the Horde.
    Rexxar did kill alliance troops... probably. The backstory of the alliance between warcraft III and World of Warcraft and how it got reorganised from the alliance of Lordaeron to the alliance of Stormwind has always been incredibly vague. However, Kul Tiras hadn't left the alliance by the time of warcraft III and was still in it by World of Warcraft. Kul Tiras is just as much part of the new alliance as Theramore. The argument I've seen in the thread that the rest of the alliance is trying to distance themselves from Kul Tiras doesn't really work either, considering the fact that the current grand admiral of the alliance is a citizen of Kul Tiras.

On the other hand, with the complete and utter absence of Kul Tiras in any of the events since world of warcraft, despite having alliance fleets feature in all expansions (the admiral that crashed on azuremyst isle, the fleets that sailed against northrend, the sea battle in Vashj'ir, the alliance support fleets in Gilneas and the ships that crashed on Pandaria) it makes just as much sense to retcon Kul Tiras as being blown up by the burning legion/scourge and the grand admiral as wearing the tabard as a memorandum of the tragedy. Sure would explain why Kul Tiras didn't join in the battles for gilneas and Tol Barad.

As for the interview: I dislike the idea of Varian getting even more focus as the main leader of the alliance. My main problem with the guy is that no one ever confronts him over his personal issues. For example, him declaring war after the events of the battle for the wrathgate. Having the alliance as a whole declare war because of that would make sense. Having Varian (the ruler of the kingdom furthest away from that war) declare war without even consulting with Tyrande, Malfurion, Trollbane, Jaina or guy-who-rules-Kul-Tiras (rulers of the nations that would have been at the front lines of that war) is something that should have nearly ripped the alliance apart. Yet no one ever brings it up.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    I definitely think Ogre's would be good for a Horde race with Rexxar as their leader (Yeah he's Mok'nathal but a faction leader needs to be someone of intelligence.). Alliance new race is more difficult. High Elves are practically identical to Blood Elves, even in philosophy after their redemption in 2.4. Furbolgs are probably the best posibility I think but their culture might just seem like an offshoot of Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The High Elves have been a race itself for millennia, in fact, the Blood Elves are those who have deviated from the original race, and thus forming a sub-race themselves.

<SNIP>

They may be a different group, who have splintered off due to coruption, but so are the green skinned orcs. If the alliance, for whatever reason, got brown skinned orcs, and were told "it's a different race, see how better textured it is than the horde's orcs", would you cheer, or would say it's a copout? It is identical to the high elf/blood elf thing. They are the same race, just without that magic-addiction history.

Even worse than the orc thing, alliance already has elves. This would be like adding dark iron dwarves and stating taht's a new alliance race. There needs to be a reason to the new race, some new variety that people are missing.

I'm not saying Blizzard wouldn't do it, I'm just saying it can't really be defended as "not the blood elves at all."

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 09:03 PM ----------

The question is which one is being set up as weaker. Are the killed Old Gods killed pre-Defiler or post-Defiler? If it's post, then it seems Blizz is setting the Old Gods up as weaker and thereby setting them up as the villains we kill in WoW.

If the dead Old Gods were post-Defiler, then they are setting the Legion up as weaker and thereby us killing Sargeras and having the Old Gods take over as the new Legion.
    The old god that was killed on Azeroth was Y'shaarj (I think that's the spelling). Took out a titan, but not a parthanon titan, while killing him. When he died, he wasn't really dead, instead his energy... or body, i don't know... spilled out and took on a life of its own. That's what the Sha are. I guess these were even more destructive than the old god himself, so that's why the titans felt it was better to lock them up than to kill them.

I guess, if we can truly kill the Sha, not just make them less powerful by controling our emotions, like the Pandaren did, but truly kill them completely, then we could prove we could kill an old god, or at least kill the remnants of an old god. Then we could use that to prove to the titans we can take out the rest of the old gods. And then, probably, once we've proven we can do that, we'd be ready for Sargeras...

... who could warn us of a greater evil that we'll fight the following xpac.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    With that, well on the one hand it doesn't surprise me, given the current state of retcons and altering the lore around, it does still bug the crap out of me.

Years ago, we were told the old gods were so powerful beings, that when the titans faught them, they couldn't kill them, and so this is why they locked them under the earth and held them in a kind of eternal slumber.

Years later the devs are retconning there own words saying 'actually the titans did kill many of them'

/facepalm.

No wonder the lore feels like someone took a machine gun to it.
    I'm hoping it speaks to the overall conflict between the Titans and the Old Gods that spans beyond Azeroth - I like the prospect of the Titans being a cosmic force of order and the Old Gods being a cosmic force of chaos, each faction fighting battles across the universe, each side taking casualties and achieving victories. That would certainly allow for Old Gods having been slain in the past along with losses on the side of the Titans as well, with Azeroth being the latest battlefield in the grand scheme of things - maybe a place where each side is trying out some new tactics.

Or maybe they want to bring in some lesser Old Gods - creatures that are Old God-esque without being gigantic all-powerful monsters. Like the Forgotten Ones in Cata or giant faceless one like Soggoth the Slitherer.

Will we see Rexxar in Pandaria?

The new lore really is interesting, especially the bit about many Old gods dying in the war with the Titans, it is a pity though they were pretty much the only beings to stand up to the space Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only really interesting thing he said was that the Titans killed several old gods, not just one. The rest was shit that was already said or were small hints being blown out of proportion by the overzealous. Which makes it obvious how few people here actually listened to the interview and didn't just read the misleading OP.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-10-10 at 09:53 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I want hammered out is the relation of the mantid to the other bug people.

The mantid talk about Azjol'Nerub and Ahn'Qiraj as sister kingdoms, so presumably they are related to the nerubians and the qiraji through their common ancestor, the aqir. But in-game lore seems to suggest that the mantid's history is really old, stretching far enough back for them to worship Y'Shaarj directly. That would mean they existed during the time of the Old Gods, long before the aqir split up into separate races.

Do the mantid descend from the aqir, or predate them? Did they live at the same time? Did the mantid worship Y'Shaarj long after he died? Wouldn't mind having that sorted out too.

Deleted
    Its some time away yet but im really hyped to finally take down garrosh, I liked him at first, but as I quested more and more through cata zones, I began to hate him. I know he has a following of fans, but I can't say I share any love for him, can't wait to bury my axe in his skull ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&feature=plcp

few interesting things:

Sylvanas will play a very big role in ousting Garrosh
    Rexxar is getting some love soon
    Blood elves will have a major role in upcoming patches (5.1 onwards)
    Alliance players will take over from an incompetent commander and lead an army
    The Alliance will band together behind Wrynn, while the Horde will... not when it comes to Garrosh
    And a lot of the usual shrugging and 'maybes'
    Oh man That's pure awesome

He said that want to do something with Rexxar and we might see him.

If he does show up, though, I'd love to see him bringing along the Stonemaul Ogres. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Night Elves killed Alliance and Horde alike in WC3.
    Night Elves used to see themselves better than any other race and they are part of alliance probably because humans are lumbering their trees, also they are changing the amazonian race now to kitchen housewives waiting for their heroes to save them sadly, and weirdly a 10000year old night elf accept an only 40year old as their leader...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    What do you expect from MMO-Champion?
    Honesty tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Sylvanas has been shown to be just as bad if not worse than Garrosh, I am surprised people can still like her.
    She is bad only to other races, she has shown to be complete loyal to forsaken since her suicide attempt and ready to slaughter every non-forsaken to help her people
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    You can kill Malfurion's wife. Malfurion, it would seem, is cool with that. If Alliance has to put up with that kick to the lore balls, Horde deserves anything the Alliance can think up.
    A Tauren (2-3 times his size), an Orc (twice his strength), a troll (cannibal race, see Malfurion as breakfast), Forsaken ( he is mid-day snack), Golbin (They love to blow themselves with anyone who aggro them)
    I don't blame him to stay afk
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Demon Hunter I wouldn't be surprised to see as a new class in a Burning Legion expansion, but it will further twist and screw with lore surrounding them.
    Sadly yes...
    Demon hunters are melee agility heroes who excel at fighting fast and avoid dmg (very rogue-like, except use demonic magic too and don't use stealth), that role is already filled, if they introduce them, they will be only "demon hunter" in name and nothing else related to the awesome WC3 champion I loved to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Tyrande is supposed to be having some time in the spotlight in 5.1 as well.
    Sadly she will mostly be involved as damsel waiting for superman Furion to help her
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    I want to see Ogre-Horde, Furbolg-Alliance before any other races, because they are the last original races yet to be implemented
    I agree. Fubolg is the only alliance race that isn't in game (they are a part of alliance races even before wow was out, it is weird they aren't in game yet), same go for Ogres (who are more "hordie" than blood elves and goblins)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power