Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    To be fair, he only attacked Daelin's men, and Theramore has always been quick to distance itself from Kul Tiras after being invaded, occupied, and having its military forced into service under Daelin's command. That mission will actually fail you if you kill too many Theramore troops.
    There are multiple times in the campaign where Rexxar kills Alliance.
    Saving the trolls in DarkSpear Isles.
    Charging the Alliance base with the help of the Tauren and Ogres.
    Final Battle at Theramore.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

I'd think high elves to be more iconic and, in many cases, the ogres' mirror (a once-flourishing race that now has highly-reduced numbers within their former faction; as I recall only one or two ogre tribes are still with the Horde).
    High elves as a race would be pretty lame. They are physically identical to blood elves other than the eyes. Not even a different race, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    The point I was getting at is that those troops he went after were officially distanced from by Theramore once the dust settled and Jaina had her city back. Also, as of WoW, we have confirmation that the troops in Durotar were from Kul Tiras (As the survivors had occupied the keep's ruins and continued waging a war that had long since ended), which by that point had basically become the only nation left trying to keep the Second War going. While Daelin is honored in Stormwind as a hero of the Second War, I doubt Stormwind (or any other Alliance nation) would have looked favorably upon Daelin forcibly annexing his daughter's independent city-state, as it's a huge breach of trust--what's to stop them from trying to annex another nation to continue warring with the Horde?

Anyway, long ramble short, Rexxar killed Kul Tiras marines, but their actions in Durotar were their own; it's generally implied that (like Garithos) the rest of the Alliance had no idea what they were up to and as such, those conflicts weren't really Alliance vs Rexxar, it was Rexxar vs Kul Tiras.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    High elves as a race would be pretty lame. They are physically identical to blood elves other than the eyes. Not even a different race, really.
    Pandaren are identical regardless of what faction you choose; the main difference is philosophical. Ditto with high elves and blood elves--their main differences are sociopolitical nowadays. That being said, I do agree they shouldn't be a full-fledged race; I'd prefer to see them as a Stormwind client race when/if subraces go live (ditto for ogres and Orgrimmar, largely due to population reasons).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I have to say for an expansion that supposedly has the Alliance getting their teeth back and having their "fist pump" moment......

I sure do see a lot of Horde lore names being talked about without any mention of Alliance outside of Varian. My cynicism towards Blizzard's Alliance development is making me think this will be another expansion of major, awesome Horde lore moments and development while the afterthought of throwing a thing or two in for the Alliance will be tacked on.

So far everything I've heard:
    Tyrande will be involved in 5.1
    Varian will start his trials in 5.1 working towards leading the Alliance (It could become Blue Horde or it could be developed well and he'll be like Lothar in 2nd War)
    Jaina will be caught up with in 5.1

Sylvanas will play a huge role
    Thrall will be Horde only quest involved in 5.1
    Vol'jin has his own novel coming and will be involved in 5.1
    Rexxar is getting lore development
    Lots of blood elf development coming down the pipes

They keep acting like saying even a peep about Alliance plans will be "spoiling it" which sounds a lot like Cataclysm's build up. I'm not optimistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go..

"Oh My Gooood they mentioned Rexxar that means he will be warchief because they said his name!"

"Oh man, They said Sylvanas, she must be warchief because they said she'll be doing something!"

You just know it..
    #boycottchina

The point I was getting at is that those troops he went after were officially distanced from by Theramore once the dust settled and Jaina had her city back. Also, as of WoW, we have confirmation that the troops in Durotar were from Kul Tiras (As the survivors had occupied the keep's ruins and continued waging a war that had long since ended), which by that point had basically become the only nation left trying to keep the Second War going. While Daelin is honored in Stormwind as a hero of the Second War, I doubt Stormwind (or any other Alliance nation) would have looked favorably upon Daelin forcibly annexing his daughter's independent city-state, as it's a huge breach of trust--what's to stop them from trying to annex another nation to continue warring with the Horde?

Anyway, long ramble short, Rexxar killed Kul Tiras marines, but their actions in Durotar were their own; it's generally implied that (like Garithos) the rest of the Alliance had no idea what they were up to and as such, those conflicts weren't really Alliance vs Rexxar, it was Rexxar vs Kul Tiras.
    I won't argue about that. Kul'Tiras was tripping. I just think trying to make a case for Rexxar to be Neutral (or Alliance) rather than Horde will be nearly impossible. I mean, especially if Ogres ever become a playable race. Why would a Half Orc / Half Ogre character be on the Alliance? (I know, I know Blood elves are High elves are very very similar, so why are Blood Elves on Horde? That event was caused due to a general in the Alliance who was acting the fool and because of his actions the Blood Elves had to, in order to survive, leave the Alliance)

I don't see logic in Rexxar being Neutral at all. Like I said, since Vanilla he has been Hostile. Him and Thrall are good friends. (I know Thrall is currently neutral, he isn't neutral in the "I love everyone and want to be best friends", but moreso neutral in the way of "Hey, we need to put these differences aside or we will all die" (Even after Thrall was kidnapped by Alliance)) He is also aquaintances with Rok'Han, Vol'jin, and Baine Bloodhoof (although I'm not sure if Baine would remember Rexxar, he only met him as a child). It only makes sense for Rexxar to be a Horde and Horde only character.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

They said that we player will be alliance commander ===> they just don't want Alliance heros over shadow horde heros...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe it when I see it. Ever since Knaak got his hands on them, the Sentinels have mostly only been given lore attention when the writers need cannon fodder to show off how powerful the Horde is when it blitzkriegs an enemy (so the big, strong humans can save the day).
    I feel the same way. It's been rough on Night Elves these past years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Here we go..

"Oh My Gooood they mentioned Rexxar that means he will be warchief because they said his name!"

"Oh man, They said Sylvanas, she must be warchief because they said she'll be doing something!"

You just know it..
    Rexxar and Sylvanas will be co-Warchief with bi-monthly debates before the Horde in the former arena now used for townhall debates.

Alliance solidifying, Rexxar, major blood elves lore, nice things.

Rexxar becoming a more permanent fixture of the horde as the leader of his Ogre clan (yes, I know he himself is mok'nathal) which joins the Horde would be pretty cool, regardless of how everything plays out. I don't think Mok'Nathal themselves are too viable as a playable race due to aesthetic similarity to Orcs, and only really existing in a couple villages in Outland.

He is a Champion of the Horde, and as such comes to our aid when we need it. Since he has a personal relationship with Thrall and Chen, I could easily see him being involved in the siege of Orgrimmar, especially if Garrosh commits an atrocity on Pandaria to get Chen directly involved. The raid seems to be set up as as saving the horde (and the world at large) from the tryanny of Garrosh as opposed to assaulting the Horde itself due to Garrosh, so it definitely fit's Rexxar's MO to join the fight as a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Ironic since she's arguably WORSE than Garrosh in terms of what she has done.
    Sylvanas authorizes genocide to pave the way for theft of resources and land from it's original owners? The invasion of Gilneas was done at the behest of the pin-headed orc filth known as Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    The Alliance will band together behind Wrynn, while the Horde will... not when it comes to Garrosh
    I don't understand the banding together behind Wrynn. Banding together behind the Alliance yes, but behind Wrynn? Makes very little sense but it's wow lore so...

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Night Elves killed Alliance and Horde alike in WC3. WC3 is ancient history and needs to stop being referred to. The book is closed, every last player in that story has seen their time pass. In short, it doesn't make a bit of difference any more with the Pandaria story. What was written then has changed now or can easily be retconned out.

Those lore changes actually make me come back. Thanks blizz.

I'll believe it when I see it. Ever since Knaak got his hands on them, the Sentinels have mostly only been given lore attention when the writers need cannon fodder to show off how powerful the Horde is when it blitzkriegs an enemy (so the big, strong humans can save the day).
    Which is the biggest insult to Night Elves and Night Elf fans ever. thousand year veterans losing on their home turf and people who can't even hold their own kingdoms save the day. Knaak lore should be uncanonized for the trash that it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey...assumptions. *Facepalm*

I know people are tired of waiting but there's not much we can do BUT wait.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I listened to the interview, and kosak did not say Rexxar or Sylvanas will play 'major roles', just that they will play roles.

As usual, the posters here have blown it out of proportion. Both characters will play a role, its just that the interviewer threw the question as kosak to be answered quickly as possible, and all he said was both characters will have roles, not that they would be major ones.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Rexxar for Warchief!! And Blood elves playing a major role? Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I listened to the interview, and kosak did not say Rexxar or Sylvanas will play 'major roles', just that they will play roles.

As usual, the posters here have blown it out of proportion. Both characters will play a role, its just that the interviewer threw the question as kosak to be answered quickly as possible, and all he said was both characters will have roles, not that they would be major ones.

What do you expect from MMO-Champion?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    What do you expect from MMO-Champion?
    Aye, agreed (looks at post aboves Aeluron's)
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I got that impression also. I feel it's going to just be all the Horde leaders coming together with Baine, Vol'jin and Thrall at the helm.

I see no reason for Sylvanas to play such a major role in Garrosh's take down, if she helped it would be for her own sake anyway and not for the Hordes. I'm also tired of people treating her like a victim because Garrosh put his foot down. Sylvanas has been shown to be just as bad if not worse than Garrosh, I am surprised people can still like her.