Relic of Xuen for warr tank

Hi, when i saw the relic of Nizao( before the hotfix) i automatically got the relic of xuen, the str in it gives me parry and increases the dmg absorption of shield barrier, and the procs increases even more.
    I just wanna know, did i make a good option? With the hotfix u guys think the relic of niuzao is a good trinket?

You want vengeance as a tank. If you are concerned about your dps/threat, you should get a stamina trinket as more stamina allows you to stack more vengeance.

Strength from the trinket would give you less attack power overall than an equivalent stamina trinket, giving you smaller absorbtions/hits.

(This is what I know from Cataclysm, things might have changed. If so, ignore this post.)

Stam doesn't contribute to vengeance at all. Vengeance is solely based on incoming damage.

Deleted
    He means in terms of having the bigger health pool, thus being able to take more incoming DPS

So i guess i made a poor choice by getting this item right? Well ill do some grinding then.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    He means in terms of having the bigger health pool, thus being able to take more incoming DPS
    I doubt that, read the parenthetical text.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltzar View Post
    So i guess i made a poor choice by getting this item right? Well ill do some grinding then.
    It's not a total waste but it's definitely not the first choice in the ilevel range.

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    I doubt that, read the parenthetical text.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:48 AM ----------

It's not a total waste but it's definitely not the first choice in the ilevel range.
    The bigger health pool you have, more vengeance you can stack. You will learn this in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    The bigger health pool you have, more vengeance you can stack. You will learn this in time.
    This is completely wrong, Vengeance no longer has anything to do with your health pool.
    Source is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=186#3701
    (For Clarity's Sake, Vengeance's cap was a % of your total health IN CATA. There is no cap anymore.)

As for the Relic, I'm not saying it's worst decision. But I think it was a good choice. If you're great at rotation your shield blocks and shield barriers you should be fine using this trinket. This is a very good trinket for offspec, lolzheroic runs, and perhaps even Challenge modes. But for raids I would stick to the more traditional Tank Trinkets.
    Last edited by LordSpaztic; 2012-10-11 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    This is completely wrong, Vengeance no longer has anything to do with your health pool.
    Source is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=186#3701

As for the Relic, I'm not saying it's worst decision. But I think it was a good choice. If you're great at rotation your shield blocks and shield barriers you should be fine using this trinket. This is a very good trinket for offspec, lolzheroic runs, and perhaps even Challenge modes. But for raids I would stick to the more traditional Tank Trinkets.
    Can't go to the page you linked for some reason but I said that my information was off Cataclysm on my previous post.

In the end, that trinket is a bad choice for tanking but an incredibly great choice for DPS specs. No available trinkets get even close to that and none will, for a long time.