Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Content quality is more important than content quantity because if the content is of sufficient quality, you will be happy just doing it over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    I hit 90 doing mostly only questing and was instantly geared enough for heroics and scenarios without doing a single daily.

When 5.1 comes out, you will be able to use your valor to upgrade existing gear, again, without doing a single daily. I only do the dailies I like, and I will be geared for LFR without a single valor item.

Also I got honored with several of the factions just by questing, getting to honored is not "hard work."
    My experience has been exactly the same. I have only done the tillers daily quests and not all of them at that and usually just a few from 1 other faction a day. I just did a combination of heroics, crafting, BGs, scenarios, and I was able to get the ilvl to do lfr this week to keep increasing my ilvl and I haven't even done any arenas yet cuz my teammates aren't 90. I haven't gotten a single piece of gear from any of the factions. They are there to fill in holes of bad rng or for those who can't schedule time to raid or don't like raiding at all. They are not ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY in any way, shape, or form. Some of them don't even offer gear just cosmetic rewards.

Whoever started this massive misconception that you need to grind rep to exalted with all factions to be able to get gear and raid is an idiot.

In fact, if you do a little bit of what necoowafer and I did the gear from the factions is considerably worse most of the time.
    Last edited by yuca247; 2012-10-12 at 01:40 AM.

I agree with the op. Its good to have a variety of ways to earn VP and rep. But the nerf to vp awarded from 5mans, LFR, and raid bosses is too much. Plus faction rep tabards awarding rep during instance runs was silly to remove.

Deleted
    the thing i dislike about the game is that dungeons give a tiny amount of valor - I dont even think I will bother with valor gear this expansion, I just dont have the time to do that man daily quests and dungeons to hit cap