Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How do you say 23%-25% is good and say 18% isn't low?

Unless you're in heroic gear Arms will be comparable if not better.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Fury needs a good chunk of gear to really shine.

I found I was doing alright DPS as Fury with my current gear, but Arms is much more forgiving on that regard. As with others, I would recommend going Arms for now until you can build a more solid Fury spec, but also go SMF rather then TG.

So let me get it straight so need to avoid using WS as much as possible outside of the proc? And use DS,IV,BS and HT as filter, damn strange because i got some nice 100k WC crit anyhow thanks for tips i will try it, and one more thing when u pool your rage for CS do u spam HS in that 6 sec window

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    Unbuffed? How? I'm sitting on about 15% as TG and less as SMF/Arms, where are you getting all your crit from?
    Same here tbh I also have 21%+ something unbuffed. Not sure but one-2 epic pieces changes alot and i made sure to use crit gems and enchants aso.

Also I switched last night to arms after getting one of the heroic blu two handed swords and my dps went up 8-10k over a longer fight since it's just so stabile.
    Last edited by Jalynfein; 2012-10-12 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    Heroic Leap is like a 1% dps increase. If your having trouble weaving it in, skip it. Otherwise use when you have a free GCD I suppose...

Your also an orc. Get axes and reforge some expertise to crit.
    HL is 1.) Off the GCD and 2.) Glyphed, and done during a CS around a 2.5% DPS increase. WAY more on AOE fights.

Personally, I bind HL to the 1 key on my mouse, and its no problem to cast it in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by myggzie View Post
    Isnt using Heroic Leap a kind of a DPS loss? Atleast if the mob has got a small hitbox since it feels like the skill takes too much time to "lay out" so to say.
    In a 25 man raid with full buffs + pre pot active and all cooldowns + trinket procs + colossus smash & the tank's shattering throw, my heroic leap crit the boss for 245k single target.

I got 245k free damage for leaping to the boss's right foot, as I was standing on his left foot.

So no, it's not a dps loss unless you spend so much time concentrating on where to land that you don't use your other abilities or you land out of range from the boss....

It's a very big part of our burst DPS in PvE, and it makes me so mad when I have recklessness up and it doesn't crit still :>

In 5 man's it can be hard to use because of the small hit boxes, but in raids it's pretty simple to use it properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    In a 25 man raid with full buffs + pre pot active and all cooldowns + trinket procs + colossus smash & the tank's shattering throw, my heroic leap crit the boss for 245k single target.

I got 245k free damage for leaping to the boss's right foot, as I was standing on his left foot.

So no, it's not a dps loss unless you spend so much time concentrating on where to land that you don't use your other abilities or you land out of range from the boss....

It's a very big part of our burst DPS in PvE, and it makes me so mad when I have recklessness up and it doesn't crit still :>

In 5 man's it can be hard to use because of the small hit boxes, but in raids it's pretty simple to use it properly.
    Need to know the fight, though. If you use HL and then need it for movement you will end up costing yourself some sweet sweet DPS time, and that costs you a hell of a lot of damage.