Xuen now the go-to MW talent for 10s?

Last week I got to run a mix of 10s and 25s while my guild found what worked. Obviously in 25s RJW was great output, but between the nerf to SCK and the fact that we've gone 10s basically full time has almost eliminated it from my spellbook. Last night I did every fight with Xuen, and while it wasn't amazing, there were a few times where I was happy to have it up (Elegon last phase, Spiritbinder last 30%) compared to almost no usefulness I was getting from SCK (sometimes Feng Epicenters, which spreading RM and mashing Upflift handles no problem). It's a caster heavy group, and I don't see a plethora of high damage, long term stacking encounters.

I was just curious to see now, especially after the nerf, if any 10 man MWs find a use for RJW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a similar boat (done both 10's and 25's) and from my experience I've found Xuen to be, meh. I mean he's not bad, but he's not great either. Even with the nerf to SCK I still see tornado pulling ahead of Xuen(save for maybe elegon). Most fights require stacking, and SCK while not topping my healing done anymore is still a strong CD. I do prioritize uplift A LOT more though, and Chi Burst...man does chi bust ever hit hard.

Last night the tank was gettin mad at me for "prioritizing Chi Burst over RM and Uplift" and all I could say was" buddy I just saw it hit 4 people for 90k, and it crit you for 150+, more than once of course it's going to be on top!"

Guess I'll just use it for Spirit Kings, pretty good to get people out of MC combined with SCK

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    I'm in a similar boat (done both 10's and 25's) and from my experience I've found Xuen to be, meh. I mean he's not bad, but he's not great either. Even with the nerf to SCK I still see tornado pulling ahead of Xuen(save for maybe elegon). Most fights require stacking, and SCK while not topping my healing done anymore is still a strong CD. I do prioritize uplift A LOT more though, and Chi Burst...man does chi bust ever hit hard.

Last night the tank was gettin mad at me for "prioritizing Chi Burst over RM and Uplift" and all I could say was" buddy I just saw it hit 4 people for 90k, and it crit you for 150+, more than once of course it's going to be on top!"
    I'm totally with you on Chi Burst, it was another part of my discounting RJW. Very nice when you can line it up right.

I barely ever press uplift in 10mans. I find Chi Burst is much better output and it doesn't rely of rolling renew on everyone beforehand. I have never tried Xuen as a healer though. Does it just provide healing through eminence or does it have a special effect as MW? I sometimes like to use Chi Torpedo. It's a free heal and I use it with the 15 talent that gives a 3rd roll charge and lowers the recharge time.

I will still use RJW on Spirit kings because throwing it over the whole raid group during MC will break most people out and SCK will heal/finish getting people out of MC, meaning the rest of my raid can focus on single target DPS more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I barely ever press uplift in 10mans. I find Chi Burst is much better output and it doesn't rely of rolling renew on everyone beforehand. I have never tried Xuen as a healer though. Does it just provide healing through eminence or does it have a special effect as MW? I sometimes like to use Chi Torpedo. It's a free heal and I use it with the 15 talent that gives a 3rd roll charge and lowers the recharge time.

I will still use RJW on Spirit kings because throwing it over the whole raid group during MC will break most people out and SCK will heal/finish getting people out of MC, meaning the rest of my raid can focus on single target DPS more.

Xuen simply heals through emminence, enough so that some theory crafters say its 100% viable.

Deleted
    its only gonna be a small and steady aoe heal from Xuen, even the initiate heal coming from the insane crits from RJW (through eminence) makes it better if you ask me. If you even hit 2 targets and get crits you can get a few 100k healing on the target that needs it the most while having the bonus to SCK, so in my book if you got people stacked, RJW is the way to go.